PDA

View Full Version : Finaly got pics up of my car

PFunk242
12-13-2002, 07:27 PM
Well they are finally up. :P A few of u have asked for some pics. i told u i would get some and they are finally here. Tell me what u guys think. The hole under the radio will be going away and be replaced w/ a sheet of Al. soon hopefully.

http://www.pbase.com/pfunk242/my_car

Chigga 744SE
12-13-2002, 10:28 PM
nice steerin wheel!

perhaps u want to put the boost gauge on the middle of steerin column, seems as its block ur tach. and seems bit odd.

swede242
12-13-2002, 11:52 PM
Man I love that dash. I've got an 89 744T thats getting one of those in it this spring. Hey - I notice you're from Hudson....ever think VCOA - Ohio will do anything as far as meets go?

PFunk242
12-14-2002, 04:21 AM
I have no idea of voca Ohio will do any meets at all. I didn't even know that there was one for sure. There is a guy in Columbus that i kind of know that has attempted to get some stuff together a couple times named Jim. I haven't been able to attend any of the meets that he has set up so far. Hopefully there will be something else from him again. Where are u in Ohio? I am guessing that u are maybe i am wrong.

Glad that u like the steering wheel madchinga it took a good bit of work to get it in there i bought a hub adapter that was supposed to fit my car and didn't. i then took that and cut it down, took a piece of Al stock and hollowed out the inside bolted the two together and then i had to cut the hub out of the original steering wheel turn that down some and then mount it in the inside of the piece of al stock. works good more work than i wanted to put in to a new one but oh well. I like that it is a few inches closer to me now. The boost gauge doesn't really block the tach from the drivers seat. It does in the pic i realize but when i am driving it is ok well glad u like it so far.

some guy
12-14-2002, 01:49 PM
Yeah, Columbus is full of Volvos, but few enthusiasts.

I did see this guy tooling down the road once:

http://www.ipdusa.com/images/PhotoContest/200_700_900/240grayracer.jpg

That was interesting to say the least. We were both stopped at a red light, going oposite directions (me in my '78 242), he stuck his head out the window, gave me a quick "woohoo!", and when it turned green, he laid down a wicked pair of black stripes.

-steve

Chigga 744SE
12-14-2002, 06:19 PM
^^

wtf is that?????

I know its a 242, but are the bodywork necessary?

MikeHardy
12-14-2002, 06:28 PM
i do like that wheel i'm always banging my thighs on my standard one.

some guy
12-15-2002, 10:38 AM
[quote:6a3490b5d5]wtf is that?????

I know its a 242, but are the bodywork necessary?[/quote:6a3490b5d5]

I don't know a lot about the car, but I was able to determine that it's a v8 conversion that's raced in the local SCCA.

Being a v8 it might need the hood, depending on the intake setup, but the rest? I dunno, it's probably NOT needed for solo II, but if it's raced in higher speed events, like say at mid-ohio, it might help... hard to say what the motivation is.

All I really know is that it sound wicked with the v8, and it can scoot pretty well off th line.

-steve

SlowHo0ptie
12-17-2002, 07:33 AM
the custom front bumper cover is badass... it would be better without the funky side pieces imo :booty:

towerymt
12-17-2002, 02:29 PM
I think the whole look is great! I really like the lights in the bumper, like one of the Euro Sport Tuning project cars (262C, I think). The mirrors look perfect for the car too.

I was behind a butt-ugly Honda last night, but I noticed the HUGE rear valance that was a bumper cover almost to the ground. I was thinking it would make a great front air dam. It had a center vent, about 2"x8", and then two large exhaust cutouts (5"x5"?). With a nice carbon fiber splitter under the bottom edge, it would enclose the two exhaust holes and make perfect brake ducts for use on the front. It was about the right width for a 240 too.

PFunk242
12-25-2002, 02:05 AM
Well i got the car out on the road finally today it has been a long long while since i drove my car. The boost gauge doesn't really block the tach much at all but i can't really see the coolent temp gauge at all. The car is running pretty good not quite to raped ape status but not bad all though i am apperantly only getting 5psi of boost right now. boo to that well i just though i would let u know about the boost gauge placement.