PDA

View Full Version : "new" 90 745 ti..

tomwas
12-02-2006, 11:23 PM
Just brought home another car today, 90 745ti w/155 on it, nice green car, tan leather, auto, power roof and nice Hydras. One owner car from New Jersey. Appears to have been also in NC and Europe. Found a couple of receipts in a foreign language, maybe Czeck or Russian?? for work done at a Volvo Dealership in Prava, wherever the hell that is. Anyway i will do a little fixing up and she will be for sale shortly. Have original title showing the purchase of the car in May of 90 w/106 miles on it... Nice car but i just can't part with my 91 745ti w/255k on her.......... Tom was

skld
12-03-2006, 01:02 AM
sounds like a great find... pics?

romantt8
12-03-2006, 02:01 AM
Poughkeepsie? Damn, I'm in Kerhonkson right now...The one next to Ellenville...

I didn't think there was a tbricker within and hour of me.

tomwas
12-03-2006, 09:36 PM
Hey Shawn, how's it going? When i post a reply at the bottom it says"you may not post attachments" What's up with that. If i can change that let me know how. i tried for the hell of it making my 745 an avatar and i was surprised when it allowed my download of that. Yes Romantt8 i'm in Pok. and am i ever a tbricker, i buy and sell 2 7 and 940's on the side, my hobby/passion i call it. I think i may have had at least six or seven tbricks in the mix of Volvos i've had. On the Brickboard I'm Tom 27940aholic. Just can't get enough of these cars. I was thinking about getting a bunch of the old "I love my Volvo" bumper stickers reproduced, would supposedly have to order a batch of 300 to have them made up. Any one interested if i have them done? Went to the Last Volvo open house in Rockleigh NJ in 2000 and they were given out in goody bags, I went back a couple of weeks later and got the last six or so they had left. Put them on various cars i've owned and still have one on my 745, the red heart and border had faded so i painted them with red paint to keep the sticker looking okay. Still have a decent used one to use for reproduction purposes. tomwas

WheyDey
12-04-2006, 01:52 AM
are you gonna flip this one or hang on to it tom?

those foreign receipts are a little weird, is she an import?

tomwas
12-04-2006, 01:40 PM
Gonna flip it Jumpy, I took a pic and would like to show it. How the hell can i upload it with my reply. It's not an import, was purchased new in NJ but the owner must have loved it enough to ship it to europe, European rcts are dated 1994 in Prava, Stodulky, again, wherever the hell that is. Must have been there on business or whatever. Owners last name was Heisler, sounds like some kind of nordic or EU name. Why do my posting rules say i cant post and attachment, help me out here Jump. How do you get your pic with your post? tomwas

skld
12-04-2006, 02:48 PM
Tom,

I can host your pictures if you want. I've sent you a PM with my e-mail address, so send the pics to me, and I'll post them up.

Only contributors can upload pictures to the site. Others have to have their pictures hosted on another site, like photobucket or smugmug.

WheyDey
12-04-2006, 05:19 PM
how much?

i wanna see the pix...:badboy:

tomwas
12-04-2006, 05:38 PM
She's waiting for me to get the title in my name. Just went to DMV this am to do that, they say 8 to 10 wks for that BS. Already told her $2200. If she doesn't take all are welcome to it. After 10 days i'll call Albany to expedite it. last two cars i bought and sold actually took about 6 wks due to them both being out of state cars, I'm assuming this will take about the same being it's a Jersey car. DMV is real sloooow. tomwas

tomwas
12-06-2006, 10:38 PM
Trying to get this pic up, hope it makes it..... tomwas

WheyDey
12-06-2006, 11:29 PM
looks fabulous!!

skld
12-06-2006, 11:30 PM
moar lowering? :)

Looks great.

Supercat
12-07-2006, 12:02 AM
Wow looks good. Love the Hydra's

Reido
12-07-2006, 01:25 AM
Poughkeepsie? Damn, I'm in Kerhonkson right now...The one next to Ellenville...

I didn't think there was a tbricker within and hour of me.

I'm right across the mountain in New Paltz. Hey tomwas, I think I used to see you over at A&T pick and pull because I remember the "I love my Volvo" sticker on your black 744ti with the painted fender.

tomwas
12-07-2006, 12:26 PM
I'm liking those Hydras too, the lady i got the wifes 944 from has a full set in her storage shed i just might have to buy. They would'nt look as nice on my white wagon as they do on the green one though, they really set that one off... Just swapped out the rear pads and put my old Sachs shocks on the green one. Got a nice pair of Bilsteins in the P&P now on my car... What a difference! My old Sachs only had about 30k miles on them, the green one had old Sensatracs that were pretty shot. It has a little vibration that appears to be the cntr supt bushing, shook the shaft with my hand and it seems to have some play in it. Anyone ever changed one, not me. I guess it should'nt be too bad of a job. Hi Reido, Yeah that was me, that 744ti was a few TB's ago, still have a pic of it above my computer desk in my corkboard, that was a clean one too... Think that car is still running around Pok.

WheyDey
12-07-2006, 08:38 PM
i disagree tom.

those wheels would look amazing on your wagon.

unfortunately they will also make the green one sell faster. they just look nicer and more appropriate on any 740.

tomwas
12-07-2006, 09:01 PM
it's kind of a shame, the girl that wants the car doesn't really give a crap it's a nice turbo Volvo. She just wants a good running car to go about 3 miles back and forth to work. Her stepdad is on his 2nd Volvo from me and her Mom told her. If your dads car keeps running with the care he gives a car (not) they must be a good car......... tomwas

WheyDey
12-07-2006, 09:31 PM
at least its not going to some stranger...

Supercat
12-08-2006, 11:26 AM
Since I have some of the guys from the NY meet in October in this thread, I need to ask you guys if you remeber the screen name of the the guy with the 87 or 88 white or cream 740. He was the one that was showing us the portable navigational system at Dave and Busters. I need to PM him.

Thanks

PS Skld, did you get my pm re the timing belt counter hold tool? Let me know whenever you are ready.

Kevin

skld
12-08-2006, 12:15 PM
You're thinking of Al, aka surfbug (http://forums.turbobricks.com/member.php?u=13700). Had the shaggin wagon as he calls it.

And yeah, I got your PM. I'll let you know. Thanks. :)

/threadjack

Supercat
12-08-2006, 01:32 PM
Thanks

WheyDey
12-09-2006, 05:53 AM
al is on VS more than here his sn there is supernoob.... you can probably get him via the nyc crew myspace.