• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Finally got my Megasquirt!

G

megasquirt.jpg

:rofl: Terrible image, I know, but I assure you that somewhere in that pixelated blob of color there is a fully assembled, ready-to-go Megasquirt in a slick black anodized case.

I have to admit that I let someone else assemble it for me (and it worked out to be a decent deal if anyone is interested). I just didn't have the time to let a small computer assembly project be my experiment in soldering, I figure the wiring harness will give me plent of learning experience.

Now I just need a Stim so that I can start playing with this thing! (anyone have one they want to lend/rent to me? :x: )

Anyway, with this as incentive, we hope to pull our dead engine over the Holidays and with any luck the next time the GT is off the jack stands it will be squirted and turbo charged! Wish us luck!

-zac

That's just awesome. I still look up to anyone who's done (or even has) megasquirt. I'm totally looking forward to mine. There's a slight chance that I fried my turbo computer that I just got :slap: , so if that's the case, guess what's being ordered tomorrow! Full Megasquirt 'N Spark setup.

Man, your car is gonna be one whole different beast when you get back at it, you won't even recognize it!

John

The Aspirator said:
Man, your car is gonna be one whole different beast when you get back at it, you won't even recognize it!

John

yeah, no kidding. We'll basically have rebuilt the entire car! :rofl:

welp all we need now is a downpipe and some thyme... he heh. i wonder if there is any way to get a mac with osX to run the meagsquirt board.... anyone heard of anything?

good work zac we're going all the way!!!

-jerm

gothink3 said:
i wonder if there is any way to get a mac with osX to run the meagsquirt board.... anyone heard of anything?

I've been looking at this for a while. As far as I have seen, nobody's developing a port of MegaTune. Also, MegaSquirt doesn't use USB, so you'll need a USB -> Serial adapter, although these are generally flaky. It's too bad, I was all ready to get F&F ricer style with my laptop in the passenger seat. :e-shrug:

Let me know if you find anything out about OSX MegaSquirting. It should happen someday, since somebody is probably going to make a Linux port. It's not that hard to post most Linux software to OSX.

EDIT: There is Linux MS Tuning software, apparently. It appears to use GTK for window drawing, so good luck getting it to run on OSX, and let me know if and how you get it going.
http://gd.tuwien.ac.at/opsys/linux/sf/m/megasquirt/

-Adrian

somewhere I read about some guy running MStune on a mac through windows for mac... a little backwards, but a way to get by.

-zac

Back