• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Bahahahahahahahha at brett

not surprising.

at least this time it was on his own car...

he takes the pride in the ghettoness, more power to him. haha

Im trying to remember what bolts I used to put my PP on with but I know they were 12.9 or some where in that general area.. Faaawk!

the flywheel shop i had the last flywheel done at didnt put the dowel pins back in. derp. I dont remember how it got done last time. its also 345am, just got home. i dont remember what happened with the bolts that i used.

new stuff is in, more atf added, runs smooth and holds boost.

prayers needed for m47 :lol:

Can't tell if serious.

i serious, i had 6 matching bolts in my toolbox that fit, thats all we had, so thats what went in.

i could not stand not knowing, and after he left i dug through the box, and found two left. now all the ones he took were all the same, but the two i have left are not.
one is 12.9 and one is 8.8 both hex head.

not sure what they are...

LIABILITY NOTICE>>>>
i am not to be held responsible for anything that happens to or due to that car......
unless it is related to the aluminum good luck bushing i snuck into the hollow part of the propshaft. lol.

i assure you that i am a sissy, and all my dowel pins, flywheel/pp, and crank/flywheel bolts were new factory spec, torqued to factory spec...

the thing should make it to SE, i think thats the main plan, make it to SE, and sort it out after that. the trans will be out again for a t5 soon anyway.

more haggered things have been done and worked lol. i sorta dig the whole pure jalopy thing and wish i could pull it off and make it work. kinda jealous of that.
that car makes me miss my pos rotten to the core 58 beetle something crazy
brett is a good guy and i wish him the best of luck. glad he wanted to pull the clutch before he left here.

still it boggles my mind that his piecemeal claptrap shows more promise of making it to SE than my by the book, torqued to spec, new fancyparts 245 that puts out under half the power and prolly has at least twice the cash in it....

the world has an interesting balance that is for sure.

hope he can get to work on time, i do not envy going to work early after this...

anti-
134236537.jpg
:rofl:
haters gonna hate, but that car is something awesome and it ****s and gets for sure. Bama here we come

lol@texas

At least it happened before he left for SE instead of 200 miles from home where the only option is hitching a ride from the guy living in a van down by the river.

no I don't think there are any. doesn't look like there's even provision for em in the flywheel.

the pin holes are there, but the machine shop that did the flywheel last time did not put them back in.

i' just really glad we caught it in time and didnt drive 800-1600mi like tht :e-shrug:

Definitely transitioned from ghetto to just plain stupid.

As an aside, as long as the pressure plate is torqued properly you don't need the pins. This is a fairly moot point though considering the mish-mash of fasteners and obvious lack of a torque wrench.

I think the pins are somewhat important for propery centering the plate. And if it's not centered, vibration 'may' occur.

Wait, your running an m47?..........wtf?

*tick*tock*tick*tock*tick*tock*.....
IMG_6410.JPG

I think Brett just wants his ticket punched as a member of the 'blew up a Volvo transmission club'.

That red pressure plate has tasted blood before, I'm sure it will strike again.

*tick*tock*tick*tock*tick*tock*.....
IMG_6410.JPG

I think Brett just wants his ticket punched as a member of the 'blew up a Volvo transmission club'.

That red pressure plate has tasted blood before, I'm sure it will strike again.

been there done that. Too easy :lol:

8v, e85, lh2.4 and t3/t4 killed mine in 3 months.

Brett, you're doing it wrong. :lol:

He was using a stock pressure plate, it looks like, those are (almost certainly by design) not quite stout enough to break an M47.

Back