• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Volvobrage's widened 242

This. is. so. sick!!

Thanks alot guys!!:):)
Bra jobbat! :)
Takk for det;-)Satser p? og dukke opp p? eit treff eller to i Sverige n?r bilen er klar ein gang:)
The LM wheels really work.
I want them.......
I agree!Really love the LM wheels, my best buy for this car so far:)Cant wait to get some tires on them!
Did you build the rotissery? Got plans some where?
Yes, the rotissery is homemade:)I like it alot because its so simple without bearings or anything, only used steelplate, pipe and squarepipe to build it.
Its a little "halffinish" tough, was planning to build it so it could be dismounted. But in the middle of building it I needed to get the car up so it is welded some places and bolted some places:-P
Dont have a plan for it, but can make one with millimeter measurements some weekend if you want:)

Still though, I was always wearing ski goggles (safety glass) or small Hellraisers yet I'm wearing mostly these now since just goggles arent helping when a angle grinder @ full speed hits your face..

images

Looks really dumb but I got over it.

Oh, your project never bores me, way to go!

Yes, the rotissery is homemade:)I like it alot because its so simple without bearings or anything, only used steelplate, pipe and squarepipe to build it.
Its a little "halffinish" tough, was planning to build it so it could be dismounted. But in the middle of building it I needed to get the car up so it is welded some places and bolted some places:-P
Dont have a plan for it, but can make one with millimeter measurements some weekend if you want:)

Yes that would be great. PM it to me if you want.

sweet work :)
Thanks Brett!:)
Still though, I was always wearing ski goggles (safety glass) or small Hellraisers yet I'm wearing mostly these now since just goggles arent helping when a angle grinder @ full speed hits your face..

images

Looks really dumb but I got over it.

Oh, your project never bores me, way to go!
Im not sure I agree, With that one the sparks can easily go around/over and hit Your eyes:-(Have tried this thing at work. But for the skin in Your face its much better, even tough I dont mind getting the beard trimmed now and then:-D
Yes that would be great. PM it to me if you want.

I wouldn't mind a copy of the plans too if you dont mind.
Will post the drawings here:)See if I can fix it not this weekend(need to focus on the 242 since its the last weekend in my neighbours workshop) but the NeXT weekend:)

Cutted some plates, the biggest plate is for the parkingbrake, will be welded on the underside of the tunnel for strenght. The small square plates are for the belt, will also be welded on the underside. The "ears" will be welded under the tunnel and used for mount for the bearing on the driveshaft.

Welded in the small plates the "length" way, the intercooler will stand on them.

Bended some plates, also for the intercooler mount. Not finished!Ned to place the intercooler first.

Plate for electrical main switch, will be placed under the fuel lid.

Made 20mm extra threads on these.

Made a cone for the strut brace, really happy with how they came out!

More bodywork this weekend!!

Had to weld in a bit in one of the corners on the chairplate.

Started on the edge.

Ready!

Drilled for Welding spots:)I like to use 6mm drill, then I really get the good melt before the hole is filled. After Welding its completly flat because everything melts good togheter:)

Sandblasted the rust(on both after the pic ofcourse:-P)

Painted.

Welding primer.

First plate welded and grinded!

This is how far I have come on the other one, finished Welding and started grinding.

Welded the harnessnut on the 3mm plate and bolted it to the tunnel.

Welded and grinded.

Welded the other harnessnut and the plate for the parkingbrake also:)

Drilled to to holes that was there and made to New while the Paint was drying.

Fitted nicely.

Grinded little bit on the dooble plates.

Grinded all the Welding on the reinforcement.

Some primer on the parts that will be covered, had Welding primer on the edge after.

Last chairplate is finished!:)

Grinded inside after doble plate Weldings.

Welded the reinforcement and started grinding. Like how it looks, glad I mounted it after all:)

Used about 50 of these on Three weekends, almost 400 total on the car:-P

Tested the mainswitch plate, fitted Perfect.

Made a tool to make the kollektor - flange transit Perfect.

Almost Perfect, would hace been Perfect if i hadnt started cutting and hammering on it first:roll:

Made M10 threads in the turbo flange.

Welded the collector on the flange.

Grinded the inside, welded, and grinded again:)Think it will flow good.

Made a squarepipe to hold the flange as straight as possible when Welding on the start bits.

Got this from a friend if I got rid of it for him:)Took some parts from it before it was taken to the car scrap. Forgot pictures after, everything happen from 19.30 to 22.30 so no time for pictures:-P

The parts I took:
- Complete front suspension
- Complete rear suspension(1031)
- Complete bumpers with mounts front and back
- Alot of bolts from under the car for renovation
- The back driveshaft, the 3" fat one:)
- Trailermount:p

The intercooler is finished tacked togheter. Will test it in the car before I cut the pipe and weld everything.

Got a package of goldzinked parts, looks very nice:)

Got a free E30 dash from a friend for testing in the 242:)Saw a guy here who had it in his 242 and think it looked good!You can buy this dash in fiberglass/carbonfiber in sweden so I will do that if I decide to use it:)

A big V70 KN filter, I will make an aluminium box to fit it in.

Got to borrow 2 25mm and 2 30mm spacers from a friend(Beachee here on turbobricks) so now I can test the LM wheels and see what spacers I will need. Will mount the in the back for measuring under the wattlink build.

Back