• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Recent content by 242teeI

1. 242teeI

242 sunroof seal installation

I just had my 242 turbo repainted and the body shop was supposed to install the new sunroof seals I had provided. They said they couldn't figure out how to install them. I'm assuming the metal sunroof panel needs to be removed to instal it? Anyone done it recently?
  2. 242teeI

Wrong fixes?

Is there a thread on turbobricks for wrong fixes by previous owners(not just tbrick style)? My recently acquired 80 242 DL has quite the list of "fixes" made by the previous owner. Most recent example: -Got the alternator back from getting rebuilt, installed it, still not charging. I decide to...
  3. 242teeI

850 Dash mount repair

Of course my newly acquired 855 has a broken dash mount:grrr: I really don't want to remove my dash to fix that squeak! I've seen how to fix it by removing the entire dash and re-gluing the broken mount but removing the steering wheel/airbag makes me uncomfortable. Would it be possible just...
  4. 242teeI

850 Things to check when buying a 850 with blown head gasket?

My commute is increasing and driving a car that gets sub 15mpg is not a real option so I'm considering buying a 850. I've found a ultra clean 855 turbo with a blow head gasket. The owner states that the cars cooling fan malfunctioned and the car over-heated. It was towed to her mechanic and they...
  5. 242teeI

new 245 questions.

Hi all finally got another 245 and I got a few questions. It's a DL and thank god it has power locks. I want to add keyless entry. From what I've read I need to add another actuator out of the passenger door? Is It really straight forward on installing keyless entry? I installed a cliford unit...
  6. 242teeI

Anyone seen this?

First I've seen of it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btnYlLhuDcI&feature=search pt 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzistixrY5g&feature=related 240 for life.
  7. 242teeI

New lights..

well kinda, I haven't gotten around to installing my hella 4k's yet, but I did pick up some pretty nifty side marker lamps. Install time, 30s a side:-P (dont mind the scratched up lower chin thing) sorry the pics are kinda dark, but you get the picture.
  8. 242teeI

A few interior questions

I got some leather seats out of a 90+ 244 a few days ago and I have a few basic interior questions. 1st. The car that I got them out of had seat warmers and I would like to go back and get the wiring and the switches out of it. How would I go about doing this? 2nd. All of the seats and the...
  9. 242teeI

Driveline issues

Today I was passing someone on the interstate got hard into boost and when I let off it started making this grinding/popping noise above 30mph. Everything still works fine, shifts smooth 1-4th gear and overdrive is working as normal. The noise and vibration appears to be coming from somewhere...
  10. 242teeI

Seat questions

I have found a excellent pair of black leather seats. Problem is they are out of a 90 244. Can I take the fabric and foam out of the 90 244 seats and install them on my 82 242 seat frame? Or will I have to run the 4-door seats and frames? Thanks for the help;-)
  11. 242teeI

What my boredom bought me

I went out for a drive and brought my xti. the deer tower tree road
  12. 242teeI

help my feet are wet

Since my ac has ben fixed I have noticed that the passengers side floor was kinda damp. This led me to believe that the drain on my air conditioner was not working. I can also hear water hitting the fan under acceleration. Where is the drain located at? Is it easy to unclog?
  13. 242teeI

yet another mbc question

My mechanic informed me that the mbc I purchased is for a newer style turbo...
  14. 242teeI

242's new stable mate

We got 1300 for our 245 at the junkyard, and bought this for 1400:rofl: Its SUPER clean:omg: Sweet wheels that may make there way to the 242 Guess the miles:cool:
  15. 242teeI

junkin'

I went to search for some parts and took some pics of what i found. early volvos grill i may go pick up 21000 miles :omg: all the turbo 240s have there engines, and both were hit in the rear rare weird car, we didnt know what it was
Back