• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Recent content by 340GL

1. 340GL

Went outside and ruined some film

This one came out nicely though :-) Hasselblad 1000F Zeiss Opton Tessar 80 2.8 Ilford HP5+ don't know what settings I used - I will admit to tweaking the levels in photoshop :-P any other medium format users on this board?
  2. 340GL

I went to Laguna Seca (round and square content)

To cut a VERY long story VERY short, here are a few pics of the two volvos that were there: corkscrew Does anyone know of either of these cars? The guy in the 1800 was driving its nuts off.
  3. 340GL

Changing grade of oil

Hi guys, Quickie for you... say, for example, I changed my oil and wanted to re-fill with 15w/40 instead of 10w/40, could I just drop the old stuff and re-fill with the new stuff straight away or is there some way of flushing the old stuff out of the system? Thanks in advance.
  4. 340GL

Heater problem - not heating!

Hi Guys, Annoying at this time of year, really... no heat! The blower works fine - all speeds. The engine comes up to temperature, but all that comes out of the vents is lukewarm air at best, even with the slider all the way into the hot side.. Has anyone had this before? Easy fix? Heated...
  5. 340GL

UK tbrickers - MOT Time! Question...

Exhaust question for you guys - 1989 740 Turbo Estate - Pre-facelift My exhaust has failed (completely) where it turns up to arch over the rear axle - I have subsequently taken it off from there, backwards, leaving the two remaining silencers etc. My question is, if I replaced the second...
  6. 340GL

'89 740 turbo (B230ET) rough running - help? (vid)

First things first, I'm a n00b so easy with the technical shizzzz! That being said, I'm confident with a socket set and I'm not a complete tool, so I don't have an issue dismantling stuff so long as I have good instructions to follow! Right so my car is running like a pig - there's a loud hiss...
  7. 340GL

Wheel offset for wide wheels

I'm thinking of looking for wheels with a decent amount of lip (at least 2.5"), probably 7" wide at the front and 9" wide at the back because i'm a big fan of the staggered look - my question is: what offset would I need to look for to enable me to fit them under the stock arches to also enable...
  8. 340GL

Went to the scrap yard (300 content)

Went for a look to see if there was anything interesting I could get for cheap... no RWD volvos there of any use, sadly (2.0 NA 944 GL was as close as I got - nothing on it of use to me, sadly). I did see a set of 4 Virgos w/ centre caps and tyres for ?80 though, which I thought was pretty...
  9. 340GL

My new Hydras

all 4 for the low low price of ?20 (yes... twenty pounds) Hooray for eBay! They've got the inevitable curb rash and whatnot, but they're actually in pretty decent nick - i have no doubts that just a thorough clean will make them look fantastic... i do, however, have some ideas regarding...
  10. 340GL

so, this fabled "ebay intercooler"...

...Anyone care to show me exactly what this is and tell me why it's so good? Thanks:)
  11. 340GL

I *think* my turbo has decided to give up...

no smoke or anything like that, but i was driving around with 2 V6 engines and a 5spd gearbox + countless spares in the back of the 745 (another story, but it demonstrates the big load i'm carrying atm), when the car (specifically the turbo, from what i could tell) started making a horrible...
  12. 340GL

B230ET rough running issues...please help me diagnose!

Hi Guys, Right, so my 745Ti has been running in an awfully lumpy manner as of late - here's the story. At the weekend I drove the car for the first time in probably a week or so, and it was really under-powered and lumpy all the way through the rev range whilst under power - off power it...
  13. 340GL

Oil recommendation

Hi guys, I've been driving around in my new 745TI for a few days now, pretty much beating the crap out of it, and I think that before I do any more stupid driving I should do at LEAST an oil and filter-change which, from what i gather, should be piss easy. Basically, Does anyone here have a...
  14. 340GL

Installing a head-unit with no instructions... HALP!

So here's the thing... the PO of my new brick had an aftermarket head unit in there but took it out to sell the car - now i have an old JVC unit lying around so I want to install it - may as well save a bit of money instead of buying a new one; at least until i get something decent. anyway...
  15. 340GL

I just won this on ebay (745TI)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=170243076362 i was actually prepared to pay ?100 more than this... so SCORE as far as I can tell, B230ET + M46... would I be correct in assuming that?
Back