• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Recent content by 4x4_Welder

1. 4

Search on mobile

When I click search, the box opens, but when I tap to start typing, it goes away. I'm running chrome on an Android device.
  2. 4

Previous thread/next thread

Can these go away or be moved? Before the update there wasn't a problem, but since then about every third time I go to post a reply, instead that button gets hit and everything erased. Even adding an "are you sure" step would save a lot of frustration.
  3. 4

Options

Ok, my 84 245 is dead. The planned diesel swap isn't going to happen anytime soon, and nobody wants a non-running car. Options are to fix what's broken this time, and keep on with marginal performance, or do a little bit of an upgrade. The lag is actually kinda fun, especially watching...
  4. 4

Ping Ping POP

Dammit. #3 blew the fire ring out into the water jacket when the wastegate hose came off. At least it's an easy repair, pistons look good, head is fine despite limping it back home. I was hoping to not do any more repairs of this sort of depth and instead do the diesel swap, but I'm still...
  5. 4

Surging

84 B21FT in a 245- It's been surging a bit, but has gotten quite bad now to the point it will sometimes stall. It doesn't do it only at idle, though, and it's not the CIS as that is stuck wide open and idle is regulated by a calibrated hole in a gasket. It is especially bad when mostly warmed...
  6. 4

Sudden loss of suspension travel

At some point last week the ride from the front of my 245 got a bit funny. The left strut is giving basically no damping, and only about 1" of travel before it hits something. Ride height is normal, but it must look like one of those over-lowered Civics bouncing along. Any thoughts on cause...
  7. 4

B21ft bell housing sensor?

In changing my turbo I noticed a single wire sensor behind a heat shield, pointing at the flywheel. Looking at wiring diagrams I can't identify what it is. The tach and constant idle are off the coil, does this have something to do with the Lambdasond?
  8. 4

Heaviest front springs?

What are the heaviest front springs available for a 245? I am prepping for a diesel swap but want it to look nominally stock from the outside.
  9. 4

Two easy steps to 25+mpg

So this weekend I had a road trip planned out to go visit my family. I thought the greatest bonus would be if I could break 25mpg. Well, heading up Snoqualmie pass, the answer revealed itself- Step one, burn out the turbo. Step two, carry on with the trip anyways. Not too bad except it was...
  10. 4

No power to coil revisited

Ok, I am still messing with my 84 245 B21FT, the harness had failed. Bought and installed a replacement, but it had no power to the coil in the run position. I've been trying to reconcile the wiring that is there against the wiring diagrams that I have been able to find, and can onl conclude...
  11. 4

Resurrecting a 245

I recently picked up an 83 245 Turbo, and it was neglected for a good long time. Overall the body is good, some rear floorboard rust but that'll be fixed very soon. New plugs and wires and an oil change tonight, and while running afterwards it just died. Nice burnt electrical smell, the fuel...
Back