• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Recent content by Ansel+

1. Ansel+

MountainMeet 2023, September 12-17

TL,DR
  2. Ansel+

Ansel's Gambler 500 244

Part 1: Respect the Build Bro <Z> I'll start this out with a little background on the Gambler 500. What started out as a yearly race between friends with beater $500 (strictly enforced) cars, turned into a not-so-enforced $500 car offroad trail cleanup and navigational rally. You're handed a set...
  3. Ansel+

XXX Root Beer Swedish Meet 2014

Figured I would start a thread for this meet, if anyone wants to add their pictures please do. http://s31.photobucket.com/user/noob-fraktion/slideshow/xxx14
  4. Ansel+

TurD

This is the long overdue build thread for my car, it's a 1983 Turbo I bought for $860 in early 2010. I was in a really ****ty place in my life and I had always wanted a black 244 turbo, before I had made the mistake of buying the first black 244 that came up on CL. This time I went with the...
  5. Ansel+

Boost leak

Car is a mostly stock-engine 240 turbo with kjet shimmed up and running 16psi with nxs boost controller. I have an ATP wastegate and 3'' downpipe. I'm not building boost normally, I can barely touch 7-8psi. When boost is building/boosting I can hear a really loud wooshing noise. I found a...
  6. Ansel+

Jim Fisher Beauty Contest

Event set up by a local dealership. I'm not sure who actually won, there were several categories etc. but here check out some Volvo's.
  7. Ansel+

240 Exhaust Advice/confusion

I have a '92 240 with an exhaust leak somewhere under the passenger seat area between the manifold (new gaskets) and the cat. Very obvious ticking noise and lack of power. I went to an exhaust shop thinking I could just have the heatshields removed and it patched. Guy says the heatshields...
  8. Ansel+

92 240 odometer doesn't work

So my odometer doesn't work. Pulled it apart as I have many times before and the gear is good :???: what else could cause it not to turn? Never seen this before.
  9. Ansel+

240 Removing EGR

I have a 1992 240 and I want to remove the EGR system. My question is what size bolt/thread pitch is needed to plug the exhaust manifold hole? I have done this before on a 1989 240 and I pinched the fitting at the exhaust manifold and hit it with a spotweld. On the intake I stuck a 2.2...
  10. Ansel+

240 snapped thermostat housing stud

I'm retarded and snapped one trying to tighten it more because it was leaking. There is visible thread remaining outside the housing so I assume I can remove it without too much difficulty but who knows. Problem is, where can I buy the stud? I can't find one online besides Skandix. Dealer...
  11. Ansel+

240 240T misfires badly when given gas

Initial post edited because I'm a dumbass and the car was idling on 3cly due to QUALITY IPD wires. -b21ft almost completely stock spare MBC -Stock k-jet and ignition -plugs bpr6es gapped .028 yada yada read on Car hickups or misfires when given gas when cold, gets better when warm but...
  12. Ansel+

Can you identify these?

Sorting through my parts pile, found these computers, anybody know what cars are they off of? Google isn't really helping. Thanks!
  13. Ansel+

780 Heater core help

Another stupid questionnaire by me...my 780 heater core blew up while driving today. Steam was pouring out of the dash, you could hear it bubbling, smell, fog, empty expansion tank etc. I do not have the money to buy a new core, nor do I really feel like attempting the job anyway. I may sell...
  14. Ansel+

780 Hood cable broke

So I broke off the hood cable on my 780 trying to release it. The passenger side is popped but the remains of the cable are hanging from that side, so the driver's side has no cable run to it and is stuck shut. I got the car on ramps and pulled the belly pan off but I can't see anywhere to...
  15. Ansel+

240 What are these?

Just wondering what these parts are called/their function. They bolt to the bracket right above the brake pedal and activate vacuum when the pedal is pushed, the one on my 240 turbo started leaking when I push the pedal so I went to pull a few from the junkyard and became pretty confused. Most...
Back