• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Recent content by Derkes

1. D

Will a 1974 Tach work in my 1977 242?

I have a 1977 242, B21f, m45 transmission, non California car. My instrument cluster does not have a tachometer. I recently got hold of an instrument cluster with a tachometer. I looked at the back of the cluster and saw that the tach has a date of July 1974(7.74) and a stamp that...
  2. D

New Ignition Key '77 242

I got a new ignition key for my 1977 242. I thought I would have trouble getting one but I didn't. First, I called my local Volvo dealer Autonation Volvo South Bay in Torrance, CA. I asked if they could cut a key for my '77 242 from the VIN. They said they could do it for $35. So I went...
  3. D

240 242 Rear Drive Shaft Blues

I've been a lurker for a bit but less than a week ago I bought a '77 242. The previous owner told me there was something wrong with the drive shaft and when I went for a test drive, the car was shaking real bad. Needless to say, it was a short test drive. I took a peek under the car and I...
Back