• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Recent content by FattMatt805

1. FattMatt805

98 v70 brake lines.

So my v70 needs brake lines, I found fcp had their stainless steel braided lines on sale, anyone run these? Are they any good? Or should I just pony up for oem?
  2. FattMatt805

S/V/C timing belt, now valve tick

just replaced the timing belt on my 98 t5m, turned it over by hand after i replaced the belt, all seemed fine. started it and i have a horrible valve tick, sounds like a lifter. any ideas? it also seems to run a bit slugish, and stumble at idle. fwiw i used a gates kit from rockauto, replaced...
  3. FattMatt805

sac raceway wed fun run

going to be trying to get another group together to go to the Wednesday fun run, on the first wed of next month, so April 2nd. last time we had a great show up of volvos (12 iirc) and we were given a lane to ourselves.
  4. FattMatt805

sacramento raceway. fun runs

i got called out by a vs'er, or i called him out, cant really remember. either way, we are settling it on the track, either tonight or next wed. if anyone wants to join, lemme know
  5. FattMatt805

98 T5M dyno run

put the 250k mile v70 t5m on the dyno today, dynojet. 217.97 whp and 237.86 wtq. not bad for dead stock (other than blaster coil and k&n panel).. i figure its a good baseline:)
  6. FattMatt805

940 v70 t5 white tops on a 940?

are they drop in? thanks
  7. FattMatt805

wheel newb, help?

Could one run corvette salad shooters on a v70? I know adapters would be needed, but i have nfi about offset and whatnot. i think they have a 32 offset? 16x8.5
  8. FattMatt805

yoshifab

anyone know if the yoshifab b234-90+ mani adapters will work in a slanted position in a 740 16v?
  9. FattMatt805

S/V/C CEL problem 98 v70t5

gonna just copy paste my VS thread here, getting good info over there it seems (for once) but could always use more http://volvospeed.com/vs_forum/topic/139600-cel-wont-go-away/page__gopid__1899954#entry1899954
  10. FattMatt805

S/V/C oil oil oil?

got an oil change coming up soon on my v70 t5, ive always ran 10w30 in all my vehicles (all N/A) and it seems to me that 10-30 is just to light for the turbo motor in the CA heat. it VERY rarely gets below 25* F where i live, and in the summer it gets up to 110. ive been thinking of switching...
  11. FattMatt805

Vintage Pertronix ignitor-B20

so, i got a dizzy in a box of parts for marjies 145, and it has the pertronix ignitor electronic ignition installed. i want to throw it on the car, but am unsure of how it hooks up. it just has 2 wires, an orange and a black, i ASSume orange is positive black is negative. who knows for sure...
  12. FattMatt805

b20 sump on b23?

im swapping a b23 into marjies 145, its going to be mounted straight up to the m40. im using the b20 pan and ive been told that there is a b23 oil pump pickup that works with the b20 sump. anyone know the part number?
  13. FattMatt805

b230F into a 73 145?

so the b20 in marjies 145 has a case of the knock, and the shop wants something like 1k to rebuild it, so i was thinking why not switch to a b230f and m47 combo, i did some searching.. and i know it WILL fit, but what im wondering is what fab is involved? im guessing motor mounts and a driveline...
  14. FattMatt805

SLO county/central coast. beer-n-bbq

slo guys, yall want to get together for some beer, barbeque and smoke and most definetaly a pre beer hoon/cruise. i propose hwy 229
  15. FattMatt805

Vintage B20: backfire in the intake manifold?

as the title states, i went to start marjies 145 today, and it started poping and backfireing in the intake manifold, marjie said she saw sparks coming from the air filter. im at a total loss here:oops:, someone help!?!?!?!?! edit: its a 73 145, b20e with a webber carb conversion
Back