• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Recent content by hiperfauto

1. hiperfauto

91 240, Temp Gauge Pegging [FIXED]

That only applies to 140/164. '73- 140/164, all 240 and '84-'86 740 all use the same sender.
  2. hiperfauto

Brake Booster - Recomendations?

I'm pretty sure they're new. There would be a core charge if they were reman.
  3. hiperfauto

Brake Booster - Recomendations?

There are 2 types of booster available for 240/260. An 8" dual diaphragm and a 10" single diaphragm. https://vp-autoparts.com/en/artiklar/brake-booster-240-75-93-dba-2x8.html https://vp-autoparts.com/en/artiklar/brake-booster-240-79-93-dba-10.html
  4. hiperfauto

Oil cooler thermostat isn't statin

Bear in mind 700 oil cooler thermostat is higher temp than 240 thermostat.
  5. hiperfauto

Oil cooler thermostat isn't statin

Once the wax thermostat element fails you're basically SOL. I tried to find a replacement Wahler element but none was available. I bought a Mishimoto element (they have 3 different temps available) to see if it would fit but it doesn't...
  6. hiperfauto

Need a part number from the headliner

The beige clip, part number 1204599 appears to be discontinued. The black clip, part number 1264579 is still available. The parts catalog shows an o-ring, part number 976033 (updated from 925054) that goes on the clip but it only calls for 2 of them.
  7. hiperfauto

Bought a NOS cruise control kit...but...

We have some incomplete cruise control kits including 2 of the same part number as yours. We were trying to sell everything together but there's been no interest. I'm not sure we have the pieces you're missing since the pic isn't working and we're not back from our trip to see the eclipse yet...
  8. hiperfauto

Brake calipers

The easiest way to determine which caliper you have is to look at the hardware that retains the pads. Girling calipers use this style. ATE calipers use this style.
  9. hiperfauto

Identify B21 with flat top pistons for use in B20?

After Nick Sr. passed away CP bought Arias. Nick was a personal friend of my neighbor and would come by to visit him once a week. I had the pleasure of meeting him in person on one of those visits.
  10. hiperfauto

Door panel hardware

The door pockets have a plastic knob that the pocket clips to at the top of the front and rear. https://www.swedishcarparts.com/parts/1684-1225943kit-volvo-240-beige-front-door-map-pocket-hardware-set-dpmkbeige
  11. hiperfauto

We do but the software broke after some updates. My friend who hosts the site for us is supposed to fix it but he's been busy with a new job. We recently closed shop so getting the website up hasn't been a priority although we do need to liquidate our remaining inventory. You can PM me if...
  12. hiperfauto

The 3.6" pistons yield a displacement of 2101cc's. We also have a set of Arias 3.575" pistons that yield a displacement of 2072cc's. A standard bore B20 is 1986cc's.
  13. hiperfauto

We actually have a set of 3.6" (91.44mm) Arias pistons with 22mm wrist pins in stock. They don't require a special head gasket. The stock gasket is just big enough but you have to align it carefully since the OHV engines don't have alignment dowels.
  14. hiperfauto

Sometime around '79 or '80. Have you located the engine part number?
  15. hiperfauto

B18, B20, B21 and B23 all use the same main bearings. https://www.ipdusa.com/products/6895/Main-Bearing-Set-Standard-Size-B18-B20-B21-B23-Glyco-271214-Volvo
Back