• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Recent content by JW240

1. J

Volvo 740 B204ft/gt

For documentation; we dismantled a wrecked 740 16vt. No cat, FT on the sticker, 1990. Sweet engine, desperate for removal of the balance shafts, better manifolds, bigger turbo, cams with lift.
  2. J

most power on standard 530 head

If the question was posed differently it would make sense to try and find an answer. Cam turbo ect can mean a lot so anything between X and Y is the absolute limit.
  3. J

Threading fuel rail for 1/8 pressure gauge

The original connection used is ermeto. However maybe difficult to source in the USA. 2nd I would not mount a (cheap) pressure gauge on an engine. If it leaks/rips all hell will break loose. For diagnostic purposes with a long hose so you can place a gauge near the windshield wipers, good idea.
  4. J

MaxxECU Questions and Support/Purchase: Post them here

Will Maxxecu have an ECU that supports DI engines? I suppose Volvo VEA engines start dropping in price slowly and they seem to be quite tough.
  5. J

Dead cylinder for the first mile

While I have no good ideas to try, as a lot had been suggested already, I have been thinking about this. Before it started to behave so badly. How did the plugs look like if you would have stopped during the fist mile with the misfire? Could you perform an compression test right away after the...
  6. J

Gilda, the 92 240 GL

Great to see this 240 being saved! Hope you will have it back on the road soon.
  7. J

Hacked III: Third Time's The Charm (M90 940 Edition) (prev. Hacked II)

Nice 940. The M90+light flywheel really makes the car feel so different from the automatic cars or the heavy flywheel equipped stock stuff. Besides, having driven both, I think the light flywheel does not reduce the low rpm torque that much. In can easily lug my 940 back to something like 1500...
  8. J

B230K 940 97 Reg worth tuning?

The redblock will break in two if you push it over 200hp, just be careful :-P See for example. Its a great base, low mileage, i'd look at above vid and just do the H-beams and a refresh for the shortblock, seen many redblocks with 200K+ on them which are still in great condition, with or...
  9. J

Welding advice, scrambled arc while ac welding alu

Why no nice press fit and keep welding without heat treatment of an unknown alloy away from a critical part like this? Other than that, clean it (stainless steel wire brush), more amps.
  10. J

BMW 6-speed box users: What are your impressions?

Agreed, installed a few of those flywheels and very satisfied with the quality. Did magnetic NDE on an abused TTV flywheel that looked like it had gone to hell and back and no cracks to be found. Re the gearbox, in a stock BMW I like them, never drove a car which had it swapped.
  11. J

'95 960 goes T5

Nice updates, was thinking about what you were up to with Volvo's!
  12. J

What's the Consensus on B234 Balance Shafts?

Easy fix is remove belt. You can even squeeze a pair of tin snips between the covers if you don't care about scratches. Downside is they will continue to leak oil. The assemblies are pretty mediocre in regards to oil leaks IMHO. They are actually made by Mitsubishi btw. Removing them all...
  13. J

Bosch QBA efan connector source

Bosch QBA efan info and connector source The good old 2 speed Bosch efan im using is worn out. Rattling and stuff. So I took a look at suitable replacements; easy to find, powerful, preferably controlled and even brushless, compact and durable yadda yadda. And of course, cheap. Should have put...
  14. J

JW's 1991 240 wagon

I'm lost for quality parts. Though these brakes are overkill.. Haha. Since I'm doing more and more two wheeled fun (bikeparks, downhill, mountain bike, motorcycle both on and off road) I've come to really appreciate good brakes and suspension + adjusting it to my (bad) style. Sound insulation...
  15. J

240 electronic speedometer calibration (1986+)

Want to calibrate the speedometer of your 240? Here is how! The speedometer is controlled by a ITT UAF2115 chip. This chip is used in many cars of the same era, including the 7/900 series. There is a calibration resistor in the cluster that will alter the speed shown by the meter. The...
Back