• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Recent content by nel621

1. N

1989 Volvo 240 - Factory/Dealer R134 AC Conversion

I usually have my system vacuumed and charged by weight. If I do it early spring it will last until the winter, sometimes longer. I guess it depends on how often I used it. I don 't really know. But what I did do was to install a fill port on the low side hose just above/near the valve cover...
  2. N

what is the difference between a ZF and Cam rack?

I thought the lines were oriented a bit differently, maybe. ?????
  3. N

Seat repair question re: swedishcarparts foam

A brake spring tool may be helpful too in stretching the spring.
  4. N

240 Torque rod bushing question

I have the rod off of the car. Haynes book say to install bushing mark at right angle to rod. My Scan Tech bushing has no mark. Bushing has 2 voids. Install so voids left to right or north and south as they fit in the rods. Thanks
  5. N

e-code wiper blades

I have a 90 240 with e-codes and wipers. I noticed today that I'm missing one wiper blade. Are the blades available in the US? Or do I need to source this from outside the US? Asking here before I put an ad in the wanted section. Thanks
  6. N

Car show in CT.

This a cool and free car event in New Canaan CT. People come from all over just to show their cars, no judging. I was there 2 weeks ago and there were many high dollar cars as well as antiques, 60s, 70s, etc. foreign and domestic. It is free to all, get there early even if you don't show your...
  7. N

3 quick questions

1) what is the thread pitch on Volvo 240 brake calipers, where the brake line enters the caliper. Need to try and dress a damaged thread on a new caliper. 2) do Bilstein struts fit 89 240 tubes? I know they are tight, if not impossible fit on a 90. 3) would like to see your solution for the...
  8. N

89 240 wiper issue, still stumped

My 88 240 has the "wipers park in the middle of windshield" issue. I've looked at Cleanflame trap article but still confused. With cover off I noticed that the contacts don't stop where there is a depression in the gear. I cleaned all of the contacts but it still stopped center of windshield...
  9. N

One more windshield thread

I'll have to redo the paint on my 89 240. This time around I think I'll pull the windshield. I do like the look of the original trim but knowing that the clips are NLA I have to think twice. Question is can the new rubber be purchase and applied to the old glass to have the "92" look?
  10. N

240 down pipe

Is IPD still the go to for exhaust parts? Or Groton? After 32 years the down pipe on my 240 finally gave up. Cat back is fine but the Cat section itself doesn't look like it will survive the surgery. Any ideas?
  11. N

Bottle opener on rain gutter trick

I can't get my head around this. How exactly does this work? Also on reinstall does the trim just snap back into place?
  12. N

Beating a dead horse, more PVR questions

Trying to find out if this scenario was true. Back in the 80s when Volvo customers were complaining about their V6 cars needing early cam replacement I'm told Volvo issued a TSB (technical service bulletin) on how to "repair" this issue. This was told to me by two different long term Volvo...
  13. N

Tires

Where do you shop for tires? I have a couple of Volvos with the OE wheels, mostly Coronas, which of course are 14 inch . Going to need a few sets of tires asap. Where are you guys shopping? Amazon, Wally world, Tire Rack, etc. ???? Thanks
  14. N

240 low pressure ac hose

Anyone know the inside diameter?
  15. N

Would like your input --- no haters please

I have a project thread here https://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=279856 It is way past time that I get the vinyl top put on the car. The top has been made and just waiting for me to bring the car in. For those who don't know the car is an 79 262c, silver with black vinyl top. The C...
Back