• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Recent content by skld

1. skld

NYC Area Meet (Dec 6th, 2008)

Thanks to SwedeSpeed960 for organizing this meet. When I arrived (SwedeSpeed960, skld, oldduttyvolvo) L to R Kevin (Supercat) arrives.. 960s!! Woohoo! Staying warm DLv8's red 245 Luke's (gear whine) low 745ti on the left. In total, 6 cars from the board showed up...
  2. skld

Blue 95 965

I finally got a wagon! I just purchased a 1995 965, in blue ( Pacific blue/Nautic blue metallic to be exact)! The car has 151k miles on it, and only a couple of quirks that I have seen so far. The driver's power seat only moves on one rail (thing I found a thread with the info on that), and...
  3. skld

Right Rear Wheel Wobble

My car is a 1991 744ti w/ M46. My right rear wheel has a wobble to it. It is not the rim, as I have observed the wobble with the wheel and brake disc off. I am guessing the axle shaft is broken. Should i just replace the whole axle assembly? Will a 240 axle work on a 740?
  4. skld

91 744ti w/ M46 no start

Hi. I just got back into town after being gone for a week. Our roommate moved the car for us on Tuesday (alternate side parking rules), and she said the power windows wouldn't roll down. She was able to move the car though, so it is no in a No Parking Tuesday 8:30a-10a spot. I just went to...
  5. skld

Cam timing question

About three weeks ago, I changed out the timing belt on my 91 744ti with an Enem V15 Turbo Cam. I was having problems when trying to align the cam gear and the crank shaft, before I even took the old belt off. I ended up lining up the crankshaft, and left the cam gear the little bit off that it...
  6. skld

Volvo Rims Swedish Website

I found this link over on Volvospeed. I thought it was cool, and some people here might like it. The site is in Swedish, so I cannot read it. The oldest models listed are the 900s. http://www.volvocars.se/salesandservices/Dack/FalgGenerator/ Look at the 900s, and then look at the wheel...
  7. skld

Willfest Meet (Irvington, NY)

Small meet today, 7 cars total showed up. The weather was perfect though. I also have a sunburn now; I forget that pale people like me should stay out of the sun. I had a good time despite the low turn out (any excuse for a road trip). The location: Matthiessen Park in Irvington, NY...
  8. skld

Need a part number for PS hose (pump to rack)

Hi. I need a new high pressure hose for my power steering. This is the hose from the pump to the rack. Car is a 1991 740T w/ M46 + ABS, and I have A/C. I want to go to the local dealership and pick this part up, so can anyone help me out with a part number? edit: I found a number on FCP's...
  9. skld

Willfest '07 (NE meet on the Hudson, near the Tappan Zee)

From a thread on Volvospeed: http://volvospeed.com/vs_forum/index.php?showtopic=71689&st=0 It will be held on the 21st, Saturday, starting at 11a. The town is Irvington, NY, one town south of Tarrytown, in Westchester County. I'm going since it is close to me. Any other tri-staters? 1...
  10. skld

Timing belt from FCP

Hello. I ordered a Continental round tooth timing belt for my car from FCP. They sent me a Flennor (Germany) one instead. This is a brand I am unfamiliar with, and I am wondering if it is as good as Continental, or if I should return it and demand the Continental. I have also noticed that...
  11. skld

My new 91 740 Turbo

I just bought this car on Friday. Then my wife and I took it camping at Taconic Lake in New York. Took the oppurtunity to take a couple of pictures. I love the car. I think I might name it trouble, as I got a ticket while driving home from purchasing it. :oops: My 87 740 and my new '91...
  12. skld

87 744ti w/ M46 +OD (clutch?!)

Hello all. First off, I am not that mechanically inclined. Now for my post. Back in March, my clutch pedal sunk to the floor board with no pressure while I was in Lancaster, PA. The car was first towed to Pep Boys, where they replaced the slave cylinder, but the problem wasn't fixed, so I...
  13. skld

Just introducing myself

Hello all. My name is Shawn King, I just joined TurboBricks this week. I currently reside in Brooklyn, NY. Six months ago I drove my car from AZ, where my dad had been driving it for the past 4.5 years. I have an obsession with Volvos. My car is a red 744 Turbo, stock as can be right now...
Back