• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Recent content by Super Matty P

1. Super Matty P

Stock B230 TB size?

Just curious if anyone knew the stock TB size for a B230. It appears to be rather small...maybe in the 50mm range. Anyone measured one?
  2. Super Matty P

240 IPD Pegs on 93 245??

Just curious if my IPD Peg R's will bolt right on a 93 245? I assumed they would but when I go to IPD's site and look under wheels they are not listed. Anyone know for sure? First hand experience? Thanks, SMP
  3. Super Matty P

those who donated....

when do you guys think we'll get our accounts updated? I'd like to be able to post pictures directly and alter my user titles and such. Thanks.
  4. Super Matty P

Best RWD NA engine in a brick?

Just throwing around some ideas in my head and curious as to what the best RWD NA engine volvo made was. I've always added superchargers to all my NA cars and I've been toying with the idea of doing that to my current 764T....yanking the turbo, adding a supercharger. My concern is the poor...
  5. Super Matty P

anyone know of any 302 engine mounts for a 7series?

Just toying around with the idea of building my K-code 289 for duty in the 760. Trying to see if there is a source for pre-made motor mounts for a ford 289/302 for a 700 series chassis. If so it would be a lot more tempting. I've been putting a lot of time and money into the 2.3L turbo but I...
  6. Super Matty P

More worthwhile mod? 3" exhaust or Tune?

So I've got a 1990 764T that I've done a HUGE stage0 mod on. During the process I upgraded the turbo to a new 15g and replaced the t-cam with an A-cam. Now that everything is 100% new and fresh the car just feels likes it's way down on power. It has plenty of grunt to get me around town with...
  7. Super Matty P

turbo actuator tension??

So I finally got around to installing my new 15G from "tryingbe" and took the car for a drive and it won't build boost. When I was installing the turbo I was able to slide the actuator arm over the wastegate hinge without any effort. Put the clip in and moved on. Tryingbe told me the turbo...
  8. Super Matty P

740 Problem w/ B230FT valve cover gasket

Has anyone run into this problem before? I bought a new valve cover gasket for my 764T and it is not even close to fitting correctly. I took it back to the shop and got another, too big. I've tried 3 different gaskets, 2 different brands (fel-pro and Victor reinz) and nothing fits. Where the...
  9. Super Matty P

760 Introduced to flame trap system this weekend.

So...interesting weekend! I got my first real tutorial of the "flame trap" system on my 760T. I'm familiar with traditional PCV systems on most vehicles but have never seen a set-up like this before. Backstory: The car runs great but always seem to leak oil out of the oil cap. The cap is...
  10. Super Matty P

LH2.4 tuning options?

New to the community and trying to do my homework on tuning options for my '90 760. As I understand it I have a LH2.4 ecu in the car. I have been trying (unsuccessfully) to reach "TLAO" to get more info or purchase a chip from him. I don't know if anyone can give me his contact info but I'd...
  11. Super Matty P

N00b needing turbo help '90 760t

I have a very nice 1990 760Turbo that is in need of a turbo rebuild. It has been suggested to me that I put in an upgraded turbo since they're fairly plug-n-play and make good gains. I'm on a budget and I'd like to just stick with something simple that is a GUARANTEED drop in and go unit that...
  12. Super Matty P

suspension upgrades for IRS 760??

I have searched extensively and have had NO success finding any upgraded suspension bits for a 1990 760 Turbo with the IRS. I have found stock replacements for the nivomat suspension but nothing else I'm looking for. I'm hoping you guys can point me in the right direction for the following...
  13. Super Matty P

Matty's 760T build

Hey guys, I've been lurking for several years now and decided to come out of the woodwork to get some info and feedback on my 1990 760T I'm in the process of building. I'm new to volvos but not cars in general. I've worked at dealerships most of my adult life. I started off as the "quick lube"...
  14. Super Matty P

760 Need help with DTC's, have searched a lot.

Hey guys. I've been around for a while but rarely ever post. I have a 1990 760 Turbo that I'm fixing up to be a "sporty daily" and I'm having some trouble with some idiot lights on the dash. I have a "service engine" light and a "check engine" light. I have tried searching the forum for...
Back