• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Recent content by timdk

1. timdk

someone else's 940 turbo manual

It's funny, the same guy towed in the SE. He had wild ideas about it's value. Tried for 3 weeks to come to an agreement, in the end he crushed it rather than take a grand. Your shell disappeared immediately, I don't think it was crushed... Pretty sure one of the fellas drug it home for another...
  2. timdk

someone else's 940 turbo manual

Saw your old 242 at the crusher today. It's in good company, there's a complete 740SE waiting for its end just down from it.
  3. timdk

Manual swap 740

Acquiring a 740SE today, no engine, aw71. I have a b230 M47 combo from my daughter's old 240 I'm going to put in it. So I'm thinking I'll need mechanically: Pedal assembly Trans cross member Front drive line section What am I missing in terms of possibly hard to source components? First...
  4. timdk

240 ignition switch question

91 240 Last night my ignition switch failed. Not completely, there's just no resistance when turning the key. Once you start the engine the key will gladly stay in the start position until moved back to position 2. All key positions are now basically a guessing game. I have determined...
  5. timdk

740 reservoir seals

1990 740t Took the dog outside for a walk this morning and on the way home noticed a puddle under the car. Brake fluid. I investigate and its coming from the reservoir seals, both of them. The fluid level has dropped from full to halfway. Without removing the reservoir I can see that the seals...
  6. timdk

960 headliner in a 740

Half off day at pnp, 960 sunroof swap into my 740. Half off day meant me and the kids felt adventurous. The dark grey headliner from another 960 looked good....and I had read it wouldnt work in the 740. We bought it anyway. Half off day... We installed sunroof. So far so good. We installed...
  7. timdk

my power loss problem...a good place to

Im new to volvo, new to turbobricks, and new to this car. I bought a 1990 740t, and all was well. Until crazy power loss on the highway Chased vac leaks to no avail. Opened the airbox and found the maf clogged with foam. Problem solved, mostly. Just wanted to put this out there for other noobs...
  8. timdk

bulb failure indicator....grrr

First a brief explanation, then my silly noobish problem Im an aircooled vw vet, spent my youth thoroughly addicted, and over the years became pretty savvy with a wrench. Then one day I bought a subaru and put away my wrenches. A decade passes, i love the subie but im not inspired. Driving, and...
Back