• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Search results

1. Disco Inferno

My annual seepage of substandard car photos.

:) This is to make all the people that think it's silver happy... 260,000km old leather(yes. Conditioner FTW) Smooth & shiny like a baldie's scalp... iPd emblems rock. Beasts :oogle: This is the way we fist the Chay, fist the Chay, fist the Chay. Kittah! More grainy photos...
  2. Disco Inferno

Fun with timeslips: now into solid 14s!

:) Only got one run tonight, my right rear tyre blew out 100m from the finish on my first run, and couldn't get organised quickly enough for any more fun. Anyhow, without being 100% happy with my launch, I ran teh following; Reaction: 0.846 60': 2.292 330': 6.213 660': 9.465 1000'...
  3. Disco Inferno

Showroom whoring!

Photos for the sake of photos. :) Random wimmins content! Joy. Edit: while I'm in teh Photobuckets...
  4. Disco Inferno

Some photos, aka the last week in pictorial form. 56k killing thread.

Well I don't know how many of you have seen these, but I probably didn't make a thread about the incident... Basically, efan ate radiator after leaving dragway, coolant escaped, car overheated. Compression was good, no harm done, dumped a new radiator in, this happened Put yet another...
  5. Disco Inferno

Educate me on 700 PCV - Catch can question.

Can anyone talk me out of running the block -> intake pipe straight into a catch can, then just venting to outside the car? What I don't know is if there's a valve in there somewhere that only opens when it's getting vacuum. Hmm.
  6. Disco Inferno

Took the 740 to the strip...

And discovered that I can't race for crap! :rofl: 15.235 for run #1, and 15.111 for #2. I was having serious heatsoak/clutch fan issues, and didn't stall it up one little bit the first time. Second run only got it to 3 psi before starting. Weak. I also discovered how lame an iPd Turbo cam is...
  7. Disco Inferno

Hydras!

Mmm. Also, for you Americans, none of whom appear to have *nice* interiors, this is what a 740's meant to look like inside: :-P End of thread. I've never been big on photos. :)
  8. Disco Inferno

Many 740 Improvements! (56k ...probably not)

Intercooler, Koni Yellow shocks, King Springs, tint, pinstriping is gone... I finally got new taillights too, old ones were acting like portable aquariums! Pics speak for themselves. Dodgy zipties are NOT permanent, trust me. :lol: Still waiting for my mounts. Metallic substrate cat...
  9. Disco Inferno

Burrrnnnooouuuuttttt

Hot Rev-limiter Action!!1 (Turn your brightness up...the YouTube upload made it a lot muddier than the original) <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VR5CvE7Tw9o"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed...
  10. Disco Inferno

Made my 240 prettier today...

Painted bumpers and 100w driving lights. Hmm, didn't come out too well... But this bumper used to be a huge mess of scratches and grey primer from the PO painting the bumpers *very* crappily. Smashed headlights aren't bothering me, but anyone who has a spare late model grille they want...
  11. Disco Inferno

740 & Mazda Luce Photoshoot

...But the camera shat itself so every damn photo is blurry. F**k. Was even set to 1600x1200 but took every one in 640x480. We'll probably try again with a new one some other time. Ah well. Yes, the Luce is rocking whitewalls on powdercoated steelies. Better shot: I hate digicams. :grrr:
  12. Disco Inferno

Last videos before big car rebuild.

Just took the 740 out for a quick fang around the nearby industrial backroads today, nothing illegal(other than the car being just out of rego), and no 0-100 because I didn't go onto any large enough roads. Basically they're just to demonstrate how nice my car sounds now that the exhaust is...
  13. Disco Inferno

Why does rust suck?

Because the resulting body filler is quite possibly the biggest stinkfest(literally) imaginable. I hate using this stuff. Anyway, I was attacking the 360's one single rust hole today, and noticed a lot of new bubbling in the area. Stripped off the paint and lo and behold... lots o' rust...
  14. Disco Inferno

360 videos!

Yeeeeeah! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1kCiwca2pc http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PgbtwNqhwA Got oil/filter/coolant/belts/leads/dizzy cap & rotor/plugs replaced today, and I'm not at all unhappy with the smooth-but-beefy resulting sound. The car is at a perfect stage 0. :-D No actual...
  15. Disco Inferno

Project 360GLT(56k avoid at all costs)

Flew down to Melbourne and picked this up on the weekend. 201000kms, no rust. Mechanically... need to check out the torque tube/driveline, think there's a busted bearing in there somewhere, but that's it. Engine is strong with HEAPS of power. Gearbox shifts smoothly, clutch doesn't slip. Soon to...
  16. Disco Inferno

A Question About Restoring Paintwork

Guys, just wondering if paint in this condition can be buffed back to a nice shine? I've never tackled buggered clearcoat or anything like that before. I'm going to be buying the 360GLT in question anyway, just if I can't buff out the paint nastiness, the car will end up flat black. :-D
  17. Disco Inferno

Cameraphone tribute to my 740 Turbo

Brilliant quality pics. :-D Sexy schnoz Sexy rump Moar! Yes, that's a Cooper S in the background. :) Spotless interior complete with crappy bent dashmat courtesy of SuperCrap Auto I need to get my digicam fixed... Or maybe replaced, it is from 2002.
  18. Disco Inferno

What to look for when buying an 850R?

I'll be going to look at a beautiful black 1996 850R some time this week, full service history, 130k kms. Looks like a damn near perfect vehicle, but of course I'll never buy a car based on looks. I know what to look out for/check when buying a RWD Volvo, but definitely not a FWD. So can any...
  19. Disco Inferno

Nobody likes this!

It's boring, you can't see much, and the sound is fuzzy; but I was actually naughty enough to light up the tyres(in truth it was unintentional, was supposed to only be blowing off for a friend). Yaaaay http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATk_HdDm0Co
  20. Disco Inferno

Car should ping but doesn't?

Yesterday I was aiming for 14psi(only up from 13), and I accidentally adjusted the MBC a little much on one go. Boost peaked at about 16psi, but everything seemed fine. Left my foot in it for about half a second, and nothing strange, no odd noises. Er? Wouldn't you expect a mostly stock car to...
Back