• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Search results

1. stylngle2003

Knox Motorsports update: taking holiday July 3-11

Just wanted to let the board know, in case anyone had plans to call our shop at (804) 496-6763, that Lawrence and I will be out of the shop taking a mid-summer holiday from July 3-11. We should be able to answer PMs and emails in a timely manner, but will not likely be in the shop much that...
  2. stylngle2003

740 regina woes: new harness, same problems

1991 745 GLE 8V Regina car. 243k miles, just did a new engine harness (Thanks Dave Barton!) because wiggling the old one caused the engine to stall out/run badly. Well, the new harness seems to have smoothed out a good bit of the rough idle, but the car still stumbles and does not rev cleanly...
  3. stylngle2003

VA Dyno Day 4/3/2010 ($50, 3 pulls w/afr)

That's right folks, the Richmond, VA Tbrickers are back at it for another dyno-a-go-go! We are hosting a dyno day on Saturday, April 3rd at Powertrain Control Solutions (the same place as our last dyno day). Things will kick off at 10am, with a projected pizza delivery around 12-noon. We will...
  4. stylngle2003

Rolex 24 at Daytona 1/30-31

Some friends and I are caravan-ing from Richmond, VA to Daytona, FL for the annual Rolex 24hr of Daytona race. We'll be camping in the infield. If anyone else is interested in coming/meeting/drinking or whatever, just post up and we'll get something together. Sorry, I don't have any room in...
  5. stylngle2003

H2Oi 2009, September 26-27, OC MD

Time to start planning for this year's final big mid atlantic car show.... H20i in Ocean City, MD. It is the weekend of September 26, 27. I have been 3 times now and never not had an amazing time. Yes, it's a VW show, but everyone is very receptive to other euros, so bring your bricks and...
  6. stylngle2003

960 1996 960 no-start

ughh, I'm dealing with a friend's POS '96 960 that is plagued by vacuum leaks and misfires.... here we go initially, vacuum leaks were found around the intake manifold, so i'm thinking: replace int man gasket and those silly rubber boots (rubber wears out eventually, eh), reseal injectors...
  7. stylngle2003

yay, unprogress!

my new cellphone takes pictures, so i took some documentation of a few cool things that have happened lately. pic 1. Vette wheels! These are Towery disapproved, 17x9.5 all around, et56 :omg:. Pretty light (low 20s i'd guess) and undeniably cool, with a subtle lip... and they were $152...
  8. stylngle2003

Superbowl Chili Party @ my place!

Who: any TB'ers who wanna come have a good time and eat good food What: Superbowl XLIII Chili Cookoff/Party When: Before kickoff, today (sorry for short notice), 5pm-whenever Where: My apartment, 1201 W. Clay St Apt 306 Richmond, VA 23220 Why: Why not? call me at 703.371.1675 if you'd like to...
  9. stylngle2003

photoshop please!

can anyone photoshop this picture so that the front chin spoiler and side sills are matched to the body, and then crop it so its mostly just the car in the image? I need to see what it looks like on my car before i decide to do it or not, and my PS skills are t3h suck...
  10. stylngle2003

B23FT(W) McCormack's Richmond 3/07

That's right, my 23rd birthday is goin down next friday, March 7th, in downtown Richmond. Big ups to Vince for hooking it up at McCormack's. I'll let him fill in what time it starts, but any TB'er who can get in the door is invited. IIRC, towery, bne, rob, and maybe some others have been...
  11. stylngle2003

dyno experts: analyze my graphs!

so my car made lots less power and torque, for a lot less RPMs than I expected it to. Started off damn nicely, but fell off HARD at 4000rpm, pretty much on the nose. I'd like to hear what you all have to say about what you see before you. The car's setup is as follows: 15g, ported, MBC set to...
  12. stylngle2003

Saturday 2/16/08: Mangohick Motorsports HQ Meet; Chicken!

That's right folks! On Saturday, February 16th, the amazing, black, Volvo-owning Vincent is hosting the first annual Chicken Based Meet <sup>TM</sup> . It will go down at Mangohick Motorsports HQ, in the "Kang" as we like to call it (King William, VA). To the best of my knowledge, this is a...
  13. stylngle2003

what causes rich running conditions?

my 1993 945t has been running rich and getting horrible mileage ever since I bought it. I assumed it was just a turbo 2.4 thing. but now it's starting to run funny when cold and i wanna get it fixed before it gets worse. FWIW, i get ~17.5mpg mixed and usually 19-20 driving like a grandma on...
  14. stylngle2003

Richmond Dragway, 10/12/07 *FRIDAY*

going to Richmond Dragway this coming friday to get some baseline and 12psi times for the wagon. Who else wants to come? IIRC, it's $15 to race. http://www.richmonddragway.com/ directions...
  15. stylngle2003

help me pick damper settings for my bilsteins!

this is for my 744, which will be turned into a highly tuned street/track car. more track car than street car, without ac and carpet padding, but it's still gonna have rear seats and door panels in it... i predict that the weight of the car, with driver and full fluids, will be 2800lbs. it...
  16. stylngle2003

uhhhh, "bleeding" wiring harness?!?! (wtf?)

so yeah, it would appear the wiring harness in my 945t's engine bay is "bleeding" a gooey black/brown substance. i can't identify it, it's definitely not oil. anyone ever experience this before? i'd imagine its something like the sheathing they use to bundle the harness all together or...
  17. stylngle2003

what have i done?! 4x4 (*.5) status acheived!

put 2.5" diameter 300#x10" springs on the front of my wagon, so I can use my Kaplhenke Racing camber plates, and make use of the stiffer, lighter spring. After reading towery's thread about budget coilover-spring adaptation, and how his 12" spring equipped 240 sat about the same height as a...
  18. stylngle2003

DC Crew....meet? Saturday, 6/2

so, Adam (CountOfNowhere) is on the east coast for a few more weeks (til 6/8, I believe), up in Dirty Jersey, but he wants to get together and chill before he leaves. I was thinking about having a meet somewhere like at Cluck U or some equally popular spot where we could all hang out and shoot...
  19. stylngle2003

drag racing! 3/3 @ VMP

that's right folks! the strip at Virginia Motorsports Park in Dinwiddie, VA is opening this saturday. i'm told it will be $30 to run all day. gates open at 10am, and racing starts at 11am. i'm going to be there in titebox, going for 15.99 @ ~85, along with a few 14 second NA 'dubs, and...
  20. stylngle2003

performance alignment, 945T

Ok guys, my titebox is going under the knife this weekend, the goal is to end up with a great budget-minded performance suspension setup and an alignment that offers good tire wear/contact patch/perfornance characteristics under auto-x/track day conditions, yet is still manageable on the street...
Back