• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Search results

1. thevolvokid

72 142 Electric fuel pump questions

I was able to find a parts diagram, looks like if I can figure out where part #7 was attached on the rear I can fab something up to hold it. https://vp-autoparts.com/en/artiklar/volvo/140-164/fuel-exhaust-system-8/fuel-tank-fuel-pump-6/fuel-injection-140-b20e-f-1972/index.html#48 Thanks...
  2. thevolvokid

I don't remember how it was set up originally, I pulled that stuff out of the car about 15 years ago. I don't have any brackets left. How was it set up from the factory?
  3. thevolvokid

Quick information - 72 142e, no longer fuel injected now running a knock off 38mm Webber carb. B20 motor I currently have an electric fuel pump as a puller next to the carb. I have a 3psi holley electric fuel pump I want to mount back at the fuel tank. I was under the car not to long ago and...
  4. thevolvokid

72 Volvo 142 - Carb Questions

Hello All, I recently brought home my 142e, 19 years ago I converted it to a Weber 32/34 since the Djet was ruined in the car. Motor has been bored, Isky cam, head work etc - all done back in the 90s before I bought the car. All that being said, I have a terrible 32/32 downdraft Weber on the...
  5. thevolvokid

Graphics messed up

All the graphics are messed up on the site or is it just my phone?
  6. thevolvokid

S/V/C 05 Volvo s60 T5

Hello I just picked up a new car tofay. I'm getting a CEL light though, The Volvo dealer gave me this list of codes, Apparently a local Volvo shop recently did a fuel pump, filter and the sensor on the end of the fuel rail it appears. I don't know if they did anything else. Any ideas on...
  7. thevolvokid

Block filler?

So what's the consensus on using block fill on a daily driven b230ft? I found one thread talking about using it. I saw that Rob prince used it with no so good results. Thoughts and opinions?
  8. thevolvokid

940 Major Regina Issues

I have a 92 940 with the regina system in it. Friday I drove the car to work in the am, it seemed a little funky like it was slightly missing while driving at low speeds. Parked the car at the office, then about an hour later had to come out and drive it, drove it 15 minutes and then parked the...
  9. thevolvokid

Clevite 77 main & rod bearings

Hey guys, Building a new bottom end with h beam rods. I'm trying to find clevite bearings for the mains & rods. I'm using a 93-94 squirter b230f rear thrust crank. I just need standard sizing. Anyone have part numbers?
  10. thevolvokid

Greddy profect electric boost controller questions

Hey guys, I just installed the aforementioned boost controller but I'm having some issues with getting it set up just right. I figured there had to be someone that could help me out. Goal I'm trying to get is my total boost level to be 20 psi (still pull 9.9 Afr at that point), my starting...
  11. thevolvokid

740 91 745 questions about a few things

Alright first question, were the 91 740s wired for the ambient temp gauge? It's the new style dash I couldn't find the wiring but maybe I missed the connectors. I got 94 gray leather 940 seats my car is black leather. Has anyone dyed the gray leather to black? Last thing I got better door...
  12. thevolvokid

740/940 running real rich under boost

Hey guys, I have a 93 squiter in my 90 745 the head has been ported and polished. I have a 3" npr intercooler with 3" pipping for most of the system. Using stock injectors stock computers msd blaster 2 coi, ngk plugs, gapped to .035. Ipd turbo cam with adjustable gear set to 4? advanced. I had...
  13. thevolvokid

740 Wiring from the radio suppression relay help

1991 745 Turbo Does anyone know where the blue yellow wire that comes out of the radio suppression relay? I tracked it to the fire wall couldn't get any further after that. reason I need to know is a small electrical flub happened last night on my part fried some of the wiring from the coil...
  14. thevolvokid

Valve train questions

So today after inspecting the valve springs we decided the stock valve springs were a little weak. After spending a bit of time looking at Knox and RSI it was still the decision to go with double valve springs. Question, the guys running double valve springs, you running stock valves or going...
  15. thevolvokid

1972 142e SCCA Roll cages

Hey guys, I'm looking for a bit of insight here from those that have SCCA roll cages in their cars. I'm looking at getting my 142e caged to SCCA specs. I have a friend that builds cages on the regular, for NHRA and SCCA, so I can custom fab, or buy a pre made and have him weld it in. Has...
  16. thevolvokid

Vintage Removing ignition Lock from Steering Column 69' 142

As the Title states I need to remove one. I'm not too worred about breaking it, but I wanted to try to get it out in one piece. What's the best way to get it out? It's a 1969-1970 142s, No Ignition Key
  17. thevolvokid

Voxx MG3 Wheels on a 945/745

Any one have a set on their grandpa wagon? I'm trying to decide if I want to get a set for my wagon once it's fixed from its t bone. Thanks guys!
  18. thevolvokid

940 1993 945 turbo

I keep getting a check engine light coming on in my wagon. Its 1-1-3, which is a wacky fuel trim. It started doing a month ago or so, be off for a week, come back on, repeat. It stayed off for TWO WEEKS (YAY) which a replaced o2 sensor, tighten manifolds and small vacuum issues resolved. It...
  19. thevolvokid

Urggent help needed for bolt sizing!

I need to know the sizes of bolts (length and width of threaded shank) of bolts used in 240s drive shafts, found at the couplers. Any one have one laying around they can measure for me real quick/
  20. thevolvokid

940 SRS light on

Okay so my 1993 945t has had the SRS light since I got the car last year, I've hooked up with a code reader, and check socket 5 and to no avail it's still on. The code reader (Volvo special tool something or other) wouldn't even do it's thing. Putting the lead in socket five as soon as the...
Back