• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Search results

1. boosted12a

is the 15g still the go to?

want to give my 940 a little kick in the ass, is the 15g still best bang for the buck as far as almkst direct swaps?
  2. boosted12a

Funky small garret?

My 91 940 se has some funky small garrett on it, are these better than a 13c?
  3. boosted12a

940 a/c problem

this is a how to. the a/c in my 93 940 with the manual climate control (mcc) stopped working. apparently this is a common problem, what happens is the solder joints on the circuit card break or can loose connectivity due to a cold solder from the factory(this was my problem). after your standard...
  4. boosted12a

I have a youtube!

I know its not a big deal to most people but it is to me. i uploaded some vid for an Autocross i went to this past weekend. one day ill get some volvo content..... here it is http://www.youtube.com/user/pugs1377?feature=mhee
  5. boosted12a

S/V/C xc70-are they really as junkie as im seeing?

ok, looking into a newer DD ive been over at the xc board doing research on problems. holly hell it seems like the xc70 is a disaster. hoping i can get some feed back from people that work on there own cars. seems like most on the xc forum are non mechanical or have money to burn. been looking...
  6. boosted12a

best spark plugs for N/A B230?

who is using what? what gap? im running Ac delco copper cores at .35 with an MSD 6a and they seem to be doing good but im open to other options.
  7. boosted12a

940 rex ignition

just some info that most of you cant use but for those of us that have the regina/rex every bit of info helps. the coil and module are the same on a 87-90 wrangler 4 or 6. on jc whitney its SKU #: 1JA 1038264 for 85$
  8. boosted12a

940 regina idle issues

when cold the idle fluctuats by 500 or so rpm and smooths out as it warms up but is never rock solid. i checked for leeks around the injector o rings and gaskets but i didnt find anything. the vacuume lins are all new. new plug wires and plugs, cap is ok. i may just replace the gaskets for good...
  9. boosted12a

940 good ride with stock springs?

any sugestions on front struts to match the stock front springs on an n/a 945? the billy hd are out of the question due to the harshness.
  10. boosted12a

volvo junkies around savannah Ga?

im gonna be in the savannah area the end of july for about a month. trying to find something to do other than destroy my liver....
  11. boosted12a

My new 945 DD

So i wans kinda half way looking for another car, something cheep, better on gas than my 740. i came a cross a 940 on craigs list for 1K 343K miles. NA, everything works..bla, bla. so i gave the guy a call and went to look at it. i figured it was gonna be prety trashe on the inside but if it ran...
  12. boosted12a

740 panhard rod polly bushings

ok. so i was looking around for polly bushings for my 940 panhard rod. wasnt having much luck other than the ipd adjustable rod. didnt want to spend that kinda cash and dont really need the adjustablility. so i have a 240 and 740 rod on the corner and i look at the ends. they look identical. i...
  13. boosted12a

REX ignition......?

i know for EZK you can ground certain pins to get more advance. anyone know if the REX can be adjusted?
  14. boosted12a

850 steering wheel opn a 740?

850 steering wheel on a 740? any one try it? main reason is cause they are easyer to find in leather and look newer.
  15. boosted12a

60-2 wheel on crank pulley for LH2.4?

has any one done this? looking for an alternitive to the flexplate/flywheel for LH. this is spawned from a non volvo application of a B230 whare the stock fly wheel cannot be used. i dont see this being a huge issue but the correct positioning is all im concerned with. sugestions?
  16. boosted12a

740 cruse controll diagnisis

anyone got experince with the cruse on lh2.4 in d granpa series? mine dose not work. i used to before i took the car off the road for a few years. i figured mabe that the vaccume unit was locked up so i swapped it with a know good one and changed the vaccume hoses. no luck there. any ideras??
  17. boosted12a

DJ auto e code turn signals.....

erm...yeah...they look nice but........for the price not bad. they are not the best fit and do not work with us spec headlights. ill post pics latter but i guess you get what you pay for. did i mension they were for a 240?
  18. boosted12a

brown tops and 3" AMM...on N/A!

ok,thinking of giving this a try....yeah, i know. whats the point? well just out of couriosity and since i have this stuff laying around. i know on a turbo you need bigger than brown tops but on n/a it may work. im gonna do a plus T after a while so ill need to wire in the resistor for the...
  19. boosted12a

flat hood on a 91 245?

ok, no pics yet...but i just noticed today that this may not exactly work out correctly. the flat hood dips down near the windsheild and the 91 goes up near the windsheild. im wondering how this will look or if it will even work and not bind in the back. im sure some one else has done this but...
  20. boosted12a

740 reseresction! crap

due to my over abundance of cars i had to take my 740 off the road a few years ago. nothing really wrong with it, just parked it. fast forward to today. now im gonna get her back into shape for DD duties. over time ive used some of the parts on my 242, sold some here and there and so on....i...
Back