• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Search results

1. vivalavolvo

740 1992 740/940 AC Condenser Replacement

Hey, All the new goodies should be in tonight and I'm going to try and swap out my hoses and condenser tonight after work, so probably in the dark . Any tips for swapping the condenser to make it easier? Possibly without disconnecting the radiator? And yes, I have all the tools and materials...
  2. vivalavolvo

740 Higher wattage head lights

I nabbed a couple pairs of Hella H83155222 bulbs on sale on amazon. They run 80 watts low, 100 high. I know wiring in these cars tend to be beefier then most and I think it should be OK, but wondering what you all think. And if they are ******* civic with HIDs bright l won't use them. Thanks...
  3. vivalavolvo

740 real life towing expectations

Hey, So I wil be moving so the 745 has some work set up for it. If I'm moving a long distance I would prefer tobdolly my 242, back wheels on the ground, drive shaft removed. And probably a trailer (not at the same time) My wagons a 92 with an auto, fresh fluids front to back , brakes, and max...
  4. vivalavolvo

740 Poor Idle revisited

1992 745 with Regina/REX Today I decided to dig deeper trying to figure out why the idle is so crappy, most of the time. When its cold it seems ok, but once warm the the idle dips below 500 and things get shaky, especially bad when the AC is on. I have only had the car stall twice in the winter...
  5. vivalavolvo

240 brake pedal to the metal

My buddy's 89 244 has been sitting the last few months from a no start issue. I took care of the but now stopping is an issue. The pedal just sinks and the brake failure light comes on. I see no leaks and the fluid level looks OK. Bad master cylinder?
  6. vivalavolvo

850 heater core bypass

Just to get me home tonight, can I just clamp the hoses to the heater core? 95 850 terrrbooo Thanks!
  7. vivalavolvo

740 92 740: Second shifter linkage?

Hey, While replacing the shifter bushings i saw a second set of linkage under there. It looks like it stops some where above the tailshaft housing. What does it do? AW71.
  8. vivalavolvo

740 92 745: Can't get the down pipe gasket to seat right

Hello, PO had a new exhaust installed a couple years ago, but it developed a small leak around the down pipe gasket. It looked like the bolts came loose causing a leak and burned out the gasket, i replaced it today but i still get a small leak toward the back side closer to the block. I had...
  9. vivalavolvo

+T eBay oil and water line kit (B21F)

I think i have just about everything i need for my +T kit, 90+ manifold, re-clocked 13C from an 850, 740 inter-cooler and stuff. That leaves me with oil and water. I found this kit poking around eBay, and since the B21 uses 1/8 NPT for the oil switch, this looks like it should work...
  10. vivalavolvo

240 York to Sanden AC compressor swap

I know the fittings are in different positions between the two compressors, but are they the same? I'm swapping out the PS pump, bracket and compressor in my 78 to the newer style stuff to make room for the +T
  11. vivalavolvo

740 Ebay AC compressor kit

Any one try this? $140 shipped seems way to good of a deal. http://www.ebay.com/itm/VOLVO-740-760-780-940-DKS15BH-A-C-COMPRESSOR-NEW-KIT-/121076323776?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c30b615c0&vxp=mtr
  12. vivalavolvo

740 Delay or hesitation on cold motor

When the engine is cool and you give the throttle a quick flick there is a delay or hesitation before it revs. It goes away when warm, but I would like to address it incase of future issues. It is a regina car.
  13. vivalavolvo

740 New to me '92 740, some questions and quirks.

This week i acquired a new to me 1992 740, Non-turbo, Regina FI. I have a few questions/little issues about it since i'm new to both 740's and Regina. It has 189k, was bought in Germany and then shipped over here at some point (original owner was in the army). Seems to be very well maintained...
  14. vivalavolvo

240 Quick 240 LH2.2 question.

Will a defective or absent knock sensor cause reduced performance with mopar ignition?
  15. vivalavolvo

240 89 240, trans failing.

My buddy has an 86 with a 'factory rebuilt' trans. Short story it has well under 20k on it, probably some where between 10-15k. He first noticed 2 days ago on the highway it didn't want to regain speed after hitting some slower traffic, and since then reverse has gone from hard to engage to...
  16. vivalavolvo

240 Clogged heater passage?

My buddy just bought an 89 244 and the heat does not work. The core it self seems to move coolant but the port in the head seems to be clogged. Has any one run into this and is there a way to un clog it without digging to deep? When i pulled the lower heater core hose a lot of rust coolant came...
  17. vivalavolvo

LH2.2 NA to Turbo

I swapped out my K-Jet for 2.2 a few weeks back, i pulled the parts from an 86 240. While i was at the yard i pulled the fuel rail, injectors(green), MAF and ECU from an 88 740 turbo. Should this all just drop right in with the harness from the 86 NA car? The car is NA for now but i assume the...
  18. vivalavolvo

Fuel injection cleaner, out of car.

I built a fuel injection cleaning machine. I can program for different times, cycle rates, calculation flow and stuff (still work in progress). My question is, does anyone have a suggestion of what kind of cleaner i can run through the system that can clean the injectors? I was thinking off the...
  19. vivalavolvo

LH2.2, ignition conversion

Hey I am almost wrapped up with replacing my K-Jet with an LH 2.2 and iggy system from an 86 and i have a few Qs. 1. The AC hose hits the FPR, i squished it down to install the intake, but now it's in the way of the distro. Has anyone attempted to move this hose? (AC passed leak test, want to...
  20. vivalavolvo

850 intermittent vac leak

Alright, so, i have an intermittent vac leak that seems to happen within the first few minutes of a cold start, on chillier days. There are two scenarios when it happens. 1: While cranking there's a weird hesitation right before the engine starts and i read only 10" of vac at idle but will come...
Back