• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Search results

1. TIPSP

The Buchka 242 Fake Racecar

Awesome work! Does you materials already come with UV protective or is that a final added stage? I assume the whole car will be painted? Or gonna leave some areas exposed? Or fully exposed? 😉 Nah man. Group buy incoming. They gotta fund the fake Race car somehow 😂
  2. TIPSP

B21FT Cold Start System

The fuel accumulator and the check valve on the pump are supposed to hold pressure. There is also the little oring inside the fuel distributor that controls your system pressure (return). That can bypass pressure making hot starts difficult if oring is bad. I noticed on mine the plunger doesn’t...
  3. TIPSP

b230 with a 16v head?

search for Cameron’s project thread.
  4. TIPSP

Car Audio- School Me

Where is the rivet again? If you can get behind it, you can grab with pliers. Or if long enough you could probably just snip the end of.
  5. TIPSP

Car Audio- School Me

That was the bracket for that speaker. I just screwed the bracket into the door with some tinnerman clips I have and screws. You can use tinnerman clips to attach screws to through your bracket to the door. Just regular sheet metal screws (non cutting type) size for the clips. You might...
  6. TIPSP

Car Audio- School Me

Yes. See the image. If you are going through the effort for new speaker wire, I’d do your runs to where you will eventually put an amp and go that route. I’m personally don’t like to do stuff twice. A phase tester is nice as you can send pulses to a speaker and make sure you have the polarity...
  7. TIPSP

Late night spam bots

if Dana or Michael wants to make me a mod, I could help. I watch them happen in real time also. I just ignore the user so I don’t see their posts right now cause I can’t actually band the user now.
  8. TIPSP

DIY Volvo 240 Junction Block | 1991 Style Brake Octopus Recreation

Just add to this, those 4 way brake unions from that company are bubble flare fittings. It says on their website and I also have one of them I’m using on my car. It is made just like the website says. Concave fitting with m10x1. It’s exactly like the bubble flares.
  9. TIPSP

How do I switch to E85

They have those apex85 piggy back systems with a cool app for your phone, but they are almost as much as a standalone like MS.
  10. TIPSP

The Buchka 242 Fake Racecar

Downhill derby time, so it gets some chassis tests in 🤪
  11. TIPSP

s60R R brake upgrade=massive brake squeal. Thoughts?

I had r calipers upfront and they would only slightly squeal with factory pads and rotor. That was pads were around 2/3rds life left. No squeal before that. No shims. I now have full R brakes all around. Running a set of ferodo ds25000 pads and slotted rotors front and rear and I have silent...
  12. TIPSP

Where to get 3" 240 +T Downpipe

Check craigslist for welders if you're serious. Its a good investment. Find a decent one with a bottle of gas for a decent price. When you're done and don't want to keep it, sell it on craigslist again. 140amp (you will not need that much amps for an exhaust. maybe half.) can run on standard...
  13. TIPSP

Where to get 3" 240 +T Downpipe

summit racing has pretty cheap flanges, hangers, and pipes (bends and straights). Free shipping when you spend over $100. Build a complete system over a weekend for not much money. Simple mig welder with some gas and you’re good. The welder and gas is where the money would be. Local shop can...
  14. TIPSP

Kjet hard starting

Another hot start issue could be the oring inside the fuel distributor that controls system pressure. that could be leaking bypassing fuel to the return line. Firsts things first, test your pressures with kjet.
  15. TIPSP

Boring out a b18 and sleeving it for b21 pistons?

I figured you were booked up with other stuff. I already ordered stuff to make my own fuel rail, but if you get them done before I get to mine, sweet.
  16. TIPSP

Late night spam bots

Change the rules to One post per day for new accounts. I don’t remember having this problem before going to xenforo.
  17. TIPSP

Volvo 240: center rear wheel in arch - the easy way

You still need adjustable torque rods to correct pinion angle if you do this. Your pinion angle will be pointed up more than it was. You should correct your first post.
  18. TIPSP

Car Audio- School Me

ITs under the drive side dash. you can see it right there when you take the knee guard off black box with two connectors on it. I do not know anything about them. Mine has been disconnected for ever. 5 1/4 door speakers and head unit is solid starting point. add a multichannel amp if you want...
  19. TIPSP

"I like big brakes and I cannot lie!" - BBK Wheel Fitment Thread - 240 Edition (17z, R Brakes, etc)

Great shot there @culberro To add to the wheels count… maybe. Running R-brakes. 17x8 HRE 525 with 1” lips with 245/40 17 all around. Going off memory here. its been a while. offset, if I remember its +23mm. I am running 14mm spaces front to clear the caliper and the strut. -1.5 degrees...
  20. TIPSP

Loud heater Blower fan

For what it’s worth. I ordered a brand new Volvo brand resistor and they are the same piece of junk MTC sells. They are in a Volvo bag. No volvo on their logo. That was FCP. I talked with IPD about this and they said the same thing they have in stock. I returned it to FCP.
Back