• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Search results

1. M.H. Yount

Of Tail lights and touch up paint

Gonna have to replace a tail light assembly -- 6 panel, 240 sedan unit. I bought 2 new ones (L&R) from IPD 6-8 years ago. I'd like to go back to them, but the website shows the right side (the one I need) at $54 while the mirror image left side is $104. Any idea why the price discrepancy...
  2. M.H. Yount

97 960 Key Fob

Any guidance on where to go to replace a non-functioning key fob on a 97 960? Got a friend who has one and he hasn't had any luck finding a replacement.
  3. M.H. Yount

82 242 Manual Window crank mechanism

Over the past year or two, occasionally when I go to roll up the driver's side window in the car, it will get to a point where it becomes stiff and resists the force I'm putting into the crank. In the past, I simply roll it back down an inch or two past the resistance and then it rolls right up...
  4. M.H. Yount

Rock Auto Windshield

Anyone try a new windshield from Rock Auto? Looking for others' experience before I embark.
  5. M.H. Yount

Cooling system Pressure

Anyone know of a radiator cap that fits the Volvo style reservoirs/expansion tanks that's in between the early black cap (75 kPa) and the later green caps (150 kPa)? Something around 110 kPa?
  6. M.H. Yount

Question about IPD 28mm drop bars

In talking with a member here who's selling one of the old/original IPD 28mm drop bars for V6 cars (and V8), the pictures show what appears to be a deeper drop than the 25mm IPD drop bar currently on my car. In talking with BJ at IPD, he confirmed that some folks indicated contact between the...
  7. M.H. Yount

TRW/CAM vs. ZF Rack

Bit of a mystery -- the 12 year old TRW/CAM rack in mine puked a few days ago. I'm replacing pump, hoses, outer tie rod ends and putting a reman rack in it. I pick up the rack and while at the store - I looked at the tie rod boots for a quick indication as to which type of rack it is. I...
  8. M.H. Yount

E85 availability

Will be interesting to see what impact this has on the availability/price of E85..... http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2013/11/15/ethanol-mandate-reducation/3590105/
  9. M.H. Yount

Suspension Re-dux

And so it begins.... IPD Sports, Bilstein HD's, rear sway and GT-style strut braces coming off. Koni Sports, Eibach's, adjustable perches in the back, Kaplhenke's coil-over style threaded perches in the front (2.5" springs), camber plates, nuclear strut brace, LuxeSteer, and roll center...
  10. M.H. Yount

ITB 142 for sale

http://bringatrailer.com/2013/02/25/clean-build-1972-volvo-142e-racer/
  11. M.H. Yount

Experience Loosening Top Strut Nut

.....and let's start by assuming that your impact wrench just spins the whole rod.... :wtf: What else have you tried? Anyone use Wilmar W83015 tool?
  12. M.H. Yount

Superhydrophobic treatment

Not sure where to put this. REAL sure it's pretty amazing....all leaks can now end up on the floor. Quickly. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPM8OR6W6WE&feature=youtu.be
  13. M.H. Yount

BIG Volvo for Sale

http://bringatrailer.com/2013/02/11/bat-exclusive-1975-volvo-tgb-1314-ambulance/
  14. M.H. Yount

IPD Sport Springs - spring rates

Anyone measured the rates on IPD's sport springs? Found a note on Dave Shannon's home page that mentions 170 lb/in on the fronts and 130 lb/in on the rear. And I have a message in to the folks at IPD. Mine are the older 'black' models - circa 2000/2001. Researching coil-over options and...
  15. M.H. Yount

Ben's camber plates - Pictures

Anyone got an installed picture of Ben's camber plates? Beggars can't be choosers -- but as long as I'm begging, I'd love to see both installation styles. That is - 1) both plates below the stock, uncut tower and 2) the fixed plate below the cut tower and the adjustment plate above. Thanks in...
  16. M.H. Yount

Volvo Powered

Maybe old news here - new to me. One of my favorite old body styles -- here's a pretty slick Opel Manta with Volvo power... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xw4Gxquirk
  17. M.H. Yount

LED bulbs

Anyone tried LED replacement bulbs in brake or back-up lights? Anyone know if they set off the infamous 'something's wrong with your lights' idiot light on the dash?
  18. M.H. Yount

Exterior Door Handles

Any difference between the earlier 'chrome' exterior door pulls and later black pulls? Said another way - will the exterior door handles off an early 90's 244 go on my '82 242?
  19. M.H. Yount

Minor engine bay clean up

After years of lots of wires showing across the top/back of the engine bay and deteriorated rubber/foam on the top part of the firewall I decided to see if I could clean things up a bit. This was sparked by changing out my fuel system -- and removing the filter from the top of the firewall...
  20. M.H. Yount

Rotary powered 242

Maybe old news, but I just saw it for the first time -- this is one an RX7 forum. I searched around TB but couldn't find a thread or link. Guy is MAKING HIS OWN 4-rotor rotary - going in a fully fabbed frame/suspension/etc. being put under a 142 body. Fab is seriously amazing. Probably the...
Back