• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Search results

1. N

200 Icu

200 icu replacement I must replace an ICU in '88 200 AW, 2.2, mainly because of a no spark condition (tested by "jumping" the hall sensor plug ). Also, this brainiac buDdy of mine unplugged the ICU without knowing about the tricky little sleeves inside the plug, and he lost about 3of them. On...
  2. N

did i get this one right?

Best 700series candidate for an I6 swap would be an '88-'90 760, with all one gotta do to fit the I6 snuggly inside the 700 engine bay is to replace the original crossmember with one out of an 960? (as far as the motor fitting into the 700 bay goes, not thinking of the other stuff right now) Thanks
  3. N

i'm confused now...

Could a fishtailing-like movement of the car's rear be caused by failing nivomats? Last winter I added extra weight in the trunk (couple of sand tubes). Aftergetting the extra weight out of the trunk in the spring, first time I drove the car on hwy I noticed the fishtailing when goiong over...
  4. N

looking for ideas

N/M, fixed the problem! :)
  5. N

changes

First off, kudos to Dana&Co. for keeping this mammoth going! After today's work on the site, the way the threads show on crackberry has changed. I tried so far just switching between thread displays modes(linear, hybrid and whatevar), biut still the same. What happens is the screen is split...
  6. N

looking for an 3.91-confirm please!

Did some diGging here and on Bboard and I need to confirm this please: So, I need to locate an 700 with ZF if I want an 3.91 end? Thanks guys
  7. N

3.31 question

I just finished reading few threads about rear end ratios. I'm looking for an answer to the following Q: how could I make my 244 faster than in the stock version from a standstill without any other work done on the B21FT other than completing the stage 0?? (at least for now, an 2.7 Unitek...
  8. N

anyone using these?

how"s he light pattern? flat, pencil, cornering, etc? great lights? thanks http://www.rallylights.com/hella/Black_magic.asp
  9. N

anyone fitted 850 seats in an 200?

i need input in how hard is to adapt the front seats from an 850 into an200, please purty! any palce selling an adaptor(s) for this conversion? thanks i searched in vain..........
  10. N

my project "brownie"

'83 244t, whose main function is storage for parts these days: So, she needs LOTSA work but that's no biggie, 'cause I know she'll totally satisfy my expectations after the work is finished! The long story made short on the car : this guy started fixing it (had seized motor due to...
  11. N

how does omw make wider wheels???

remebered reading this one on one of the rally sites from somewhere in europe: they've an 142 rally car with steelies 14"x5 and they affirmed that they widened the wheel from the original width to 7". so they ended up with a steelie 14x7, which looked very standard/cool imo. so how did they do...
  12. N

question about single-roundies setup

I want to transform an '83 244t from dual-rectangular headlamps to single roundies . I'm not a very big fun of this setup (I would prefer actually the post-'81 european flathood setup), but according to some sites, it's the best setup for improved cooling because of the greater surface of the...
  13. N

cover for hood-mounted driving lights, rally-style source...

... As seen on the Valencia Rallysport Team's 242 hood. Where does one gets those from? Also: are the pre-'81 european squarey headlamps+grill assembly difficult to source these days? Thanks with anticipation, Mark *edit* NM on the first Q, all I had to do is google "rally equipment"....duh...
  14. N

Q about switching from IRS to solid axle

Doing some planning here: I want to use two floor transmission jacks (got one already and going to buy a second one) for dismantling the IRS and putting up the solid rear OR should I use two regular floor jacks? I'm actually thinking of cutting a piece of playwood approx. 4x6 and use it on the...
  15. N

painting the seats white

Ok guys, I made a decision: I want to paint my white car's interior white as well, just for the pimpistic effect :) Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated as of paints, techniques, and so forth, plus your opinions, but of course. I previously painted some leather seats and dash in...
  16. N

DON"T forget to oil your oil filter gasket!!!

if not,this is how your filter will come out! no naming names here! this happened at one of the quicky oil change places, where a smart mutt didn't do the job right:grrr: ! the gasket was boen dry! it took me a good while to get the filter moving! i had to stab the poor filter with a screwdriver
  17. N

ok,can take this no more...

i know all these posts are unsalvageable,but if i keep this 5 more mins inside i'll explode! this is my new $1,200 ride ('89 760ti that is)! http://s126.photobucket.com/albums/p85/turbo764/ hope i got a great buy!:twisted: :cool: :-D
  18. N

request for one of the mods

n/m
  19. N

look what $400 can buy you in a "flyover" state...

plus the fact that the owner received a citation from his city for having a non-registered car sitting in his yard for too long helped tilting the situation in my favor :badboy: so I grabbed the deal! actually, it was $800 but i bought her in partnership wiht a buddy of mine who's interested in...
  20. N

recommended reading

ok fellas, i got my paws on an 531 :badboy: i want to use it on an B21FT bottom, which will be eventually bored so i can use mahle standard size pistons from B23FT. why? wanna keep the M40 (eventually adding the OD) b/c i like the oem short shifter and the gearing numbers... anyways, what do...
Back