• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Search results

1. D

2016 XC70 Whistle (PCV?)

I'm not sure what they did. The mechanic said that he had disconnected four connectors, and that all four were plugged back in. He got another mechanic who came out with a better scanner and after many attempts (with some peeking / fiddling under the hood), the light was off and it runs perfect...
  2. D

2016 XC70 Whistle (PCV?)

Ugh, they finished installing the breather box and hose, but now it has a code for a misfire in every cylinder, a lean code, and a rich code. They are rechecking everything now
  3. D

2016 XC70 Whistle (PCV?)

Thanks for your time and detailed responses. I bought the oil filter housing, the house that runs near it (the guy at the parts counter said that they change them while they are in there), and even 2 clamps (I was there, why not?). Total cost $347. I asked for an oil filter, but was told that...
  4. D

S/V/C Bought a filthy XC70. What to clean it with?

I believe that Simple Green might work well for what you are looking at. I've always had good luck with 'Auto Magic' products: Perhaps THIS ONE in particular.
  5. D

2016 XC70 Whistle (PCV?)

Thank you so very much for the help! [ EDIT ] When I removed the cap, there was a definite change in pitch and volume. So, I'm going to change out the housing. [ /EDIT ] I kinda need the car for work this week. If the whistle does stop with the oil cap off can I pull out, maybe just slightly...
  6. D

2016 XC70 Whistle (PCV?)

My 2016 XC70, 2.5l 5cyl, has about 150k on it. It has developed a whistling noise from what sounds like the R/Front. I have searched the forums for 'Whistling', 'Whistle', and 'XC70 PCV' (I thought that I had read about the PCV system causing a whistling somewhere). I was wondering if: Anyone...
  7. D

Would C30 P1 rims fit perfectly on a 2016 XC70 P3?

Thanks again for the helpful replies
  8. D

Oh, and yes, they are the Almathea rims. Which are nice, but not my favorites. The rims on that car certainly get dirty fast, and those aren't easy to clean (not hard, but not easy either) Now that I see the pricing on Pegasus rims I'm no longer worried about them fitting 🤑
  9. D

Thank you all for the replies. Franky, I'm hoping that the XC70 will be rather good in the snow even with the Continental all seasons that are on there now. Or, is that just marketing 🤔 I was more concerned with the fit and never considered the diameter😞. Thank you for the gentle reminder...
  10. D

I own a 2016 XC70, which I believe is on the P3 platform. I found a lightly used set of snow tires on craigslist. It looks like the diameters are the same as my 2016 XC70, but I am unaware about the width and offset for these rims compared to mine. Does anyone know if these rooms are the same...
  11. D

Post pics of your Volvo.

Although the color didn't really come out right, it's really a bit lighter like the original color, I think this color looks gorgeous. Please excuse the layer of dust on the roof and the battery charger in the front right corner. This project has been sitting for about a decade. Hurricane Sandy...
  12. D

Post pics of your Volvo.

you might want to switch from polishing compound to rubbing compound, I don't think it's working.
  13. D

Are the 2008-2016 XC70 cross bars the same as used on other models?

Nevermind... I figured out that, since they are Volvo bars, I could get that information from the Volvo website. In case anyone is wondering it's: 100kg / 220lbs Technical data Accessory weight: 5 kg (11 lbs) Load width: 1200 mm Max. load capacity: 100 kg (220 lbs)
  14. D

Anyone have a photo of a XC70 with 18" Pegasus rims??

Hey guys, I'm sorry to say that I absolutely LOVE my 2016 XC70. I lost a bunch of cars last December due to a flood. I bought this XC70 assuming that I'd like it, but it ends up that I truly love most everything about it. Having said that... I don't love the rims. They are nice, but nothing...
  15. D

Thanks, I hope that you are right. Of course that is a lot more involved than putting one on a 940 ;) I'll see what I can find. If I have to ship one from Europe, I'll pay the money and get it done. But, then of course, there is the money I'll have to pay the dealer to update the software to...
  16. D

Thanks to all who answered. I had read the replies earlier, but didn't have the time to buy anything. Now, I'm ready! At Tasca (recommended in a reply to this thread), I have found a set of new Volvo bars for $300, plus $50 for shipping. I'm ready to pull the trigger, but I wanted to ask if...
  17. D

A few months ago I bought a 2016 XC70 Platinum, after asking a bunch of questions here, and I really love the car. I'm using the car regularly and my 1992 745T has been sitting for a while now (occasionally started and ran around the neighborhood a few times). I'm missing the tow hitch, dog...
  18. D

Do all 2016 XC70's have a remote start feature?

Thank you all for the information. I'm reading and learning a lot. I already have PM'd jp-swe and I'm just deciding which DICE cable or JLR clone I'll buy. jp-swe suggested staying away from the VXDIAG. Anyone have any personal experience with one that they would suggest?
  19. D

Do all 2016 XC70's have a remote start feature?

I recently bought a used 2016 Volvo XC70. I specifically bought a Platinum model because I wanted the electronic package that included adaptive cruise control, lane departure warning, city-safe auto braking, etc. A week or three after buying it, I looked in the owners manual and I read how to...
  20. D

Extended warranty??? Was: Considering a FWD Volvo. How are the V70's? How are the XC70's?

Ok, so I'm back in NY and my partner brought the car to the dealership Wednesday morning. The tech said something to the effect of the "connection fell out". I don't know if he meant a physical plug (connector) or a software interface (connection). But, it only took a few minutes to fix the...
Back