• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Search results

1. Duder

Source for New or NOS 240 Turbo Group A Turbine Housings (?)

Hi guys, I'm working on a project (for my job) in which I need to get my hands on at least 20 pcs of the original 240 Turbo Group A turbine housings, or something close enough that I can convert to that spec. The Group A turbocharger was a parts bin special of T3 components, almost all of...
  2. Duder

Helping out a Neighbor - 2001 S60 NA

Nice lady down the street has a 2001 S60, an NA 5-cylinder she bought new and drives rarely. It has just over 70k miles. Since the pandemic started she hasn't driven it at all, so of course the battery died. They replaced the old battery a few months ago but now the new one is dead so she asked...
  3. Duder

The ex-Karl Buchka 245 Daily Driver Renovation Thread

Thought I'd share what I've been up to for the past few months, outside of day to day stuff. Helping Karl revive and sell this 245: Background... Karl bought this 1992 245 about 4 years ago to act as his daily here in the LA area. It replaced this green 1982 244 that I helped him sell for...
  4. Duder

B230FT oil separator box failure

Engine is a 1994 B230FT, residing in my '81 242 DL. Oil separator box blew its top and is of course puking oil all over the left side of my engine. This was a new aftermarket part from ipd, and it's about 5 years old. Engine is stock internally, running a stock 13c turbo at wastegate boost, but...
  5. Duder

Different Take on a V8 Swap - Duder's 4.6L Twin Turbo 245

This story starts back in 2005 when I got my first full time job as a CAD designer. I worked for several months on a twin turbo kit for the 2005+ Mustang GT, with twin GT2860RS (Disco Potatos) added to the base V8 car to make something that would compete with a Cobra. I designed the exhaust...
  6. Duder

Duder (CFlo's) Pea Green 1975 245 DL - Survivor Wagon

I'm pretty stoked about my latest 240 acquisition. This is my 4th 240 total and it's a real gem. Of course I've got two others in project status: the beige 242 that is almost done, and blue 245 V8 swap that is still in the early phases. So this 75 will be more of a rolling project, if anything...
  7. Duder

V60 Cross Country

Picked up a sharp lookin' strong runner today. A new 2015.5 V60 Cross Country that has been on the lot for about a year, and was thus marked down significantly. Almost 20% off MSRP! This thing is sweet. It's a white pearl color with the "beechwood" leather interior, has the technology package...
  8. Duder

TDI replacement: V60 / Cross Country

Not sure if Showroom is the right place for this; it's not really off-topic per se. The wife and I have a 2010 VW TDI Sportwagen and are on the hunt for its replacement. If VW pays us more than it's worth in a buyback, that's what we'll do. It's 6 years old and just under 100k miles so we've...
  9. Duder

740 Catastrophic Catalyst Failure on a 745Ti

I'm posting this for a co-worker, in hopes that someone here can shed some light on a recent situation. Steve, one of our senior engineers at Garrett / Honeywell Turbo here in LA, has a 745 turbo, model year 1991 I believe. It's a clean car and has a cool story behind it, being abandoned in the...
  10. Duder

245 Diesel Road Trip: Seattle to LA

Last week I suffered a major lapse of judgment and bought the slowest vehicle known to man: a 1984 245 Diesel. OK, it's not really that bad - I've driven worse - but the naturally aspirated Volkswagen D24 inline six could most generously be called "gutless." Why would I do such a thing...
  11. Duder

Mrs. Duder's Project - "Duckling" - 1966 1800S

Time to start a project thread for this little beastie. So my wife Michele has always loved both 1800s and Karmann-Ghias, and had been known to say on many occasions that if she ever got an older car for fun, it would be one of those two (or a '70s Corolla, for sentimental purposes since her...
  12. Duder

My idea of a 243

I know there have been many versions of 243s created over the years, but whenever I see pictures of one I think it would be awesome if someone took the idea a few steps further. Instead of just a 245 minus two doors, why not make a proper compact hatchback or "shooting brake" out of one? I did...
  13. Duder

'83 242 (B23F) No-start / rough running / ignition woes

I have an '83 242 DL (the Daily Turismo Project Car) that has had a long history of no-start that I thought I had cured, but alas...no luck. Just thought I'd post here to bounce ideas off of the TB knowledge bank. I've done a lot of greenbook & Bentley reading so far. The goal is just to get...
  14. Duder

'32 Ford AWD T5-R hot rod - what became of it? (Volvo content)

I know this car has been discussed here before but I'm wondering if it still exists, and if the builder is still refining it. Any of you guys in mother Sverige happen to know? It's a homebuilt tube-frame hot rod, fiberglass '32 Ford style body, T5-R whiteblock engine with Ford Sierra Cosworth...
  15. Duder

This car doesn't know what it's supposed to be...

So WTF is it? Discuss. http://www.dailyturismo.com/2012/09/5k-1978-volvo-262c-pro-touring.html
  16. Duder

Steering wheel bolt pattern: '81 240 vs 700/800/900

I'm considering a Sparco steering wheel for my '81 242, to replace the enormous ship's wheel that makes me feel like the captain of a schooner. Sparco only makes two steering wheel hub adapters for Volvos; listed applications are 740, 760, 780, 850, 940, and 960. My question is...will any of...
  17. Duder

Anybody seen the P1800GT?

Caresto in Sweden built a "P1800GT," basically an 1800ES hotrodded with what I assume is an XC90 Yamaha V8 (they don't have specs listed on their blog), BMW IRS subframe, airbags, and some aesthetic touches from the early P1800. I like it. Anyone know more? Discuss... http://www.p1800gt.se/
  18. Duder

New Garrett Website

Hey TBers, Just wanted to point out that we have a new website up at www.turbobygarrett.com It's the same URL for the home page, but a lot of the sub pages have new addresses so keep that in mind if you are using old links. Not sure how much you guys used the old site, or how many Volvos are...
  19. Duder

Water-Cooled Turbochargers: They Need Water!

I've seen a lot of threads and questions on here regarding the need for running water cooling on turbos. I wrote a white paper on this a few months ago and thought I'd post it here, in a new thread, for reference (rather than burying it within another thread somewhere)...
  20. Duder

Duder's Beige Brick - ARUNDL - 1981 242 DL +B230FT

Recent-ish pics: Original post from 02-28-2011: Well, since I've had my Volvo for about 15 months now and have done a fair amount of work on it, I think it's high time for a project thread. Even though the "real" project has yet to begin, I want to maintain this as a log of sorts, to...
Back