• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Search results

1. R

Any one looked at dropping the Yamaha Volvo V8 into a rear drive car?

I keep looking at that little gem of a V8 and thinking what would it take to drop one into say a V-90? Ever been done?
  2. R

98 V-90 cruse suddenly dies then pulls a trans code??

Ok here is where I am with this one. I'm on the freeway at a 70mph cruse when suddenly the cruse disengages without warning. 30 or so seconds later the converter suddenly unlocks, the flashing up light appears and then a few seconds later get the check engine light. Of course since this is not a...
  3. R

My 98 V-90

Just over 197K and the Photos speak for themselves!
  4. R

Anybody here got a Auto Trans builder around Birmingham Alabama??

My 98 V-90 is having issues with the trans over heating and shifting erratically. When I got her with right at 130K on the clock the trans fluid was big time nasty and likely never been changed. I flushed it and went back with dextron VII and got around 40K more out of her. However now she will...
  5. R

Heater Core V-90

Mine is leaking and the search here never connects so---. I know this one is bad any advice or shortcuts that won't butcher the thing? This car looks like it just rolled off the showroom so I want to do this one right. Most every shop I have talked to wants around a grand to do the job with...
  6. R

Afrer sitting for years what should I just repace?

Trying to resurrect a 1989 740 Turbo wagon that has been sitting outside and not running for over 7 years. I'm thinking all the diaphragms in things like the boost control, fuel pressure reg and such are likely toast am I right? Certainly most of the vacuum lines belts and other hoses under the...
  7. R

Can't get the fuel pumps running 1989 740 that has been sitting up for years.

This one was sitting up for quite a number of years. I can not get the fuel pumps going. I have full battery voltage at the relay through the relay and on both fuses to the pumps. So far I have checked the grounds at the rear pump and found no issue, I only have .3 volts on the red hot lead for...
  8. R

What is this sensor attached to my throttle cable on my 98 V90?

Electrical connection on the firewall attached to the throttle cable of my 1998 V90. I have had shift gremlins at super low throttle pressure for quite some time. She will upshift through to 3rd below 5mph at times bog then suddenly downshift. No matter what I try so far ( 2 TPS sensors, went...
  9. R

Need info on 89 745 Turbo fuel system.

I am trying to get my 89 745 turbo that has sat up for over 7 years running. So far can't get fuel pumps running. Today i dropped a fresh set of plugs in it and got it to fire with starter fluid for the first time in over 7 years. She is ALIVE but still dormant. I have replaced the relay behind...
  10. R

Need info on 950 Block Coolant leak issue.

Need info on 960 Block Coolant leak issue. Not confirmed yet but I suddenly have a leak I can not pin point from under the exhaust manifold around the 5-6 cylinder area. Nothing about this makes sense as this one is a meticulously maintained 1998 V90. It has been running Zerex ZO-5 coolant...
  11. R

1998 Volvo V90 O2 sensors

I still can not get the fuel mileage up to where I want. I'm stuck at right around 19 to 20 in town and 21-23 on the road as of late. Also after a couple thousand miles the oil has a slight smell of fuel to it. She has 165K on the clock and I have put 35 on it myself in the years I have owned...
  12. R

Program/Chip for a V90??

Who does a Program/Chip that WORKS for a V90?? So far I have freed the exhaust up (Magnaflow mufflers and soon the high flow cat up system) opened up the airbox so it will breath, running all synthetic fluids. the next step is a chip/flash program but who has one that WORKS for these cars...
  13. R

1998 Volvo V90 Serpentine belt routing

Pulled it down to replace the power steering pump now the belt is hanging loose. I follow the diagram in the manual and it has a BUNCH of slack in the belt all the diagrams I find are the same and I'm routing exactly as the diagram says rout the belt as HERE...
  14. R

V90 AW 40 issue

I have gremlins. At times the trans will shift at low throttle all the way up to 3rd below 15 MPH bog the motor and then shift back down. This is only with super light throttle and with any substantial throttle pressure it shifts as it should. I also have an intermittent code for a pressure...
  15. R

Need help getting a 89 740 Turbo running

First off the saga on my V90 does NOT look like it has taken a good turn. Audible click in #5 + low compression is not what I wanted to see. Here is the tread on the V90 saga on Mathews. http://www.matthewsvolvosite.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=38401 Diving into the Whiteblock is right now...
  16. R

May have lost #5 in my V90???

She was running great and suddenly I felt a vibration like I had a miss at a 70 MPH cruse. Pulled it off and she had a dead miss I was just a mile or so from home so I limped it in. Hooked up the scanner and is showed a miss in #5 so I just pulled the plug on #5 and The center electrode is...
  17. R

V/S 90 intake system

V/S 90 Airbox intake system Really started looking at the intake side on my V90 tonight. Man what a restrictive system!! Doesn't look bad from seeing it from here until you look at what is up stream and how it pulls air in right off the front of the AC condenser! What were they smoking at...
  18. R

MADDENING Power Steering leak

While doing some maintenance of my 98 V90 a couple months ago I noticed the Power Steering Fluid was black and stankin. So I go down to the local auto parts house grab a bottle of Vavoline Max Life PS fluid and proceed to suck out the nasty stankin stuff and pored in the new. A week or so later...
  19. R

TPS for my V90

I had a bad one and a $30 off coupon so I grabbed the cheap B&A that Advance here had in stock for $49 before the coupon. Worked for a while but now I again am getting the stacked shifts at super low throttle and a delayed response intermittently right off idle like before. There are several...
  20. R

Is ther ANYTHING availble for a S/V90 in performance upgrades?

I'm talking performance programs, gas shocks, bigger sway bars, lowering springs ANYTHING?? I have a 98 V90 and so far all I can find are some of the "chips" and that I can use the larger rear sway bar from the S90. I know these have an eprom so a more agressive program should be doable but no...
Back