• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Search results

1. vwblue1967

Daily driving a 93 240?

I daily (well alternate) my 85 and 93 240s. I've driven them for probably 15 years or so. Watch YouTube videos and get a Bentley manual and you can probably do anything. With no mechanic experience, I've learned how to to timing belts, water pumps, fuel pumps, steering rack, clutch... about...
  2. vwblue1967

AW71-L in 93 240

Thanks for the tips. I just looked at the flange and it looks like the bolt is not designed to come off. Hopefully that bearing is good. I might try the accumulator mod. I've always heard of it but this is the first time I've removed or really messed with an auto. It's a little more...
  3. vwblue1967

AW71-L in 93 240

I'm planning to swap in an AW71-L in my 240. Currently has the stock AW70 that is working fine but has been dripping fluid for too long. I had bought some gaskets but figured I'd go ahead and re-seal a spare trans so the swap is faster and I'm hoping the lockup trans will give a little better...
  4. vwblue1967

93 240 factory amp wiring.

I'm adding in a nos aftermarket radio and the factory wiring was a mess. A previous owner hacked a spliced and didn't use the amp bypass kit. I have removed the amp and wiring and have it figured it out except for the brown and blue/white wire. These show to be a part of the interior light...
  5. vwblue1967

245 n/a need exhaust

I have the ipd sport exhaust- or whatever they call it- I really like it. Easy, cheap and I like the sound. I also bought turbo exhaust tubing (2.25 same as ipd I think) along with a magnaflow muffler and cat. The magnaflow is way louder but doesn't sound terrible. With the lh 2.2 and b cam...
  6. vwblue1967

New Oil Leak — 91 240

I would go with a volvo valve cover gasket. I used a cheap one once and it looked like it shrunk and leaked pretty bad. Any time I've used the volvo brand it didn't leak.
  7. vwblue1967

Hello, any idea what shipping would be on the floor mats to 27203? Thanks

Hello, any idea what shipping would be on the floor mats to 27203? Thanks
  8. vwblue1967

240 Help me find a M46 shifter pin

I had to look up this thread to see what size bolt I used. For an update, since 2016, I've had no issues using a bolt in place of the pin and set screw. It's also easier to remove and replace. I'm planning to use a bolt in place of a pin on my 93 I just picked up. Twice over the last 6 years...
  9. vwblue1967

Large tach troubleshooting

I have a large factory tach in my 93 240 that often doesn't work. It worked perfectly for years then decided to be intermittent. This is a later model that would have come out of a GL. It seems I've read they weren't as good as the old school turbo tachs. If I slap the dash it can come back to...
  10. vwblue1967

Turn signal issue

1993 240 Hazzard lights work fine, left turn signals work fine but I Intermittently have a problem with the right side (front and rear together). Sometimes it clicks fast but doesn't light up, dash lights or outside. Then it starts to slow the clicking noise, dash indictator dimly starts...
  11. vwblue1967

Fuel rail swap

85 245 n/a I'm wanting to swap a later model fuel rail on my 240. I have a spare rail with the schrader valve and it looks like the newer style FPR's are cheaper easier to find. I think the rail will swap over but not sure about the FPR as in if it's OK to run a lh2.4 FPR on a car with lh2.2...
  12. vwblue1967

240 rear fog light wiring

93 244 I recently replaced the lenses and hardwired the tailights but and missing one light. Hardwiring did fix some issues but the purple/white wire for the passenger side fog light has no power. From looking at a diagram, the power wire comes from the switch then breaks off to the purple...
  13. vwblue1967

Clutch noise

85 245 w/m46 I purchased the wagon and drove it for a year or so and the clutch started make a rattling noise when i pressed in the clutch. I assumed the throwout bearing was on its way out so i had a shop replace all of the clutch components, was fine for a few years. The noise came back- im...
  14. vwblue1967

Poorly running 240

Poorly running 240 - Solved I know these pop up often... sorry. 1993 244 I've had a weird intermittent issue where the car would run great for hundreds of miles then stall one day. Then run great again. Sometimes an occasional stumble and back to running good. It eventually got worse and at...
  15. vwblue1967

Schrader valve fuel pressure testing

1993 244 Im having a poorly running, stalling, no start, runs perfect for 500 miles then won't start issue. I'm not sure what all can be that intermittent with the fuel system but I believe it's time to test the fuel pressure. The Bentley manual doesn't mention the Schrader valve and the...
  16. vwblue1967

Adding in heated seats

I found a good set of heated seats (well a nice set of used 240 seats) to swap in my 93 240. I could try to fix my AC but id rather have heated seats to I can really be miserable. I have the switches and the harness that connects the switches. I found that the switch harness has a connector on...
  17. vwblue1967

93 240 uiversal AC condenser?

Sorry to start another account thread but it's hot and Im getting old. I've never had AC in my Volvo's but thought I'd try. I took it to a shop and had the vacuum, refill (with uv dye included) and pressure test. Was awesome for two days... HF black light shows the bottom of the condenser...
  18. vwblue1967

AW70 changes gears w/o pushing shift button

1992 244 AW70 Everything that come up with a search is related to a car not shifting out of park. My situation is the car will shift out of park regardless is the key is in, brake pushed or shift button pressed. You can just slide it in and out of any gear anytime. The car starts and runs fine...
  19. vwblue1967

Coolant temp sensor fixed my smelly car

This is more of a post for information hopefully to help someone with a nasty exhaust smell. I have owned my 85 245 n/a for several years and the exhaust has always been smelly. I wasn't sure if it was a bad cat (so I gutted it.. shouldn't have) or bad fuel mixture. I have always got decent...
  20. vwblue1967

Headlight step relay ?

uncontrollable highbeams - solved *** I had just unplugged the step relay for months and got use to not using high beams. one day I accidently clicked the high beam stalk and it blew a fuse. I was looking for a break in a wire and finally found it. the wiring harness was rubbing against the...
Back