• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Search results

1. 740atl

Too cheap to pay for dyno time... street tuning advice?

Has anyone figured out a reliable, repeatable method to extract data from driveshaft VSS or accelerometer data to input to tunerstudio to get a repeatable "dyno" or "torque" readout in a MLV datalog? The goal of course being to then make meaningful changes to VE or spark advance that will...
  2. 740atl

throttle body linkage design... effort vs functionality... help me think this through

I rigged up a throttle body cable mount for a ford 302 (exploder manifold and exploder throttle body). Just used a run of the mill Jeg's universal throttle cable... took the exploder TB bracket and cut pasted with some spark-induced metal glue to make what you see below. It is not...
  3. 740atl

240. will a brake junction block piston impede fluid flow?

I've got a brake failure warning light that's on... I checked and the sensor on the junction block is grounded which means the internal piston shown in the image below has moved to one side or the other effectively providing a path the ground and hence the warning light. Here's the catch... my...
  4. 740atl

240 sitting again for a year... and spongy brakes again.

Finally getting a chance to work on this car again and for the 3rd summer in a row, it has spongy brakes... The car hasn't moved since September 2022 and was bled one millionty two times prior to this... In past repairs I've replaced the master, front junction, calipers, front hoses. Only...
  5. 740atl

microsquirt trans tuning advice/experience for a newb?

Preliminaries... I have a 4r70w from a 2000 v6 stang installed behind a 302w in a 242. The engine is currently being controlled by a megasquirt 2 extra system. drumroll.. sitting next to the car is an uninstalled microsquirt v3 whose purpose in life is to control said 4r70w. I'm hopeful to...
  6. 740atl

what's everyone doing for fuel pumps these days?

I think the in-tank circa 2012 walbro 255 is dying in the lt1.... I noticed walbro has released higher flowing pumps...350/450/525. What's the ticket right now for a decent pump for stock fuel system? Anyone have a link? I've always purchased from walbro direct... does anyone trust the...
  7. 740atl

How much money do I have to spend before my 240 handles well.

I was thinking about this question the other day when I got the chance to drive a basically stock 240 albeit with a 302 v8 in it and nothing but a front ipd 25mm swaybar. Stock ride height, stock mushy shocks, etc. The car moved around a lot but I found the experience to be more predictable...
  8. 740atl

240 sunroof inner liner... how does one install it without destroying it?

I need the sunroof headliner installed without destroying it. Any tips?
  9. 740atl

Anyone successfully repair the 84 and earlier 240 turn signal wiring?

The situation... early 240 (pre-85) turn signal wiring. The wiring deteriorates and eventually pulls out of the factory crimp. 1. It's very difficult to uncrimp the factory wiring and crimp new wiring to it. 2. Solder doesn't stick well to the factory crimp. If you do try to solder, the...
  10. 740atl

240 sunroof weatherstripping.... OMG is there another source or another material?

I just had a round replacing the sunroof weatherstripping on my 242. I won’t say I did an abominable job but it won’t win any awards. Does anyone have a different source for the material? Like bulk stock? Both the front and rear are exactly the same material. Possibly another material that...
  11. 740atl

Volvo rwd ac lines and hoses... metric or standard?

I?m going to attempt some ac repair on 240... I have a busted metal line that I?m going to try to sewage and solder and a second to crimp new fittings on. My question is really does Volvo use metric ac fittings and lines or is it all standard hoses, lines and fittings?
  12. 740atl

4l80e on the street. What rear gear?

I'm thinking about using the 4l80e behind the v8. What rear gears are people using with this transmission? I know there's a few v8 people out there with 4l80's behind them. What rear gear do you have and what's your rpm at 70mph? Also, does the 4l80e have an appreciable rpm drop once the...
  13. 740atl

my bud's 242. the anti-horsepower challenge

Been working on my buddy's 242 for a while. He picked it up years ago from a Tb member. It was an original 242 turbo kjet car but the motor was blown and we had just finished blowing up many other redblocks in his 16v turbo car. http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=222975 My bud...
  14. 740atl

what size schrader on b230 fuel line? Want to log fuel pressure.

Does anyone know the size of the schrader valve on the b230 fuel rails? I have a 100psi 1/8 npt pressure transducer that I want to use to log fuel pressure. GM sells an adapter to mount directly on a schrader but I don't think all schraders are made equally.... are they? Anyone?
  15. 740atl

lean spike in boost, just like lh2.4 except this is ms3

Gang, I have a curious problem that's appeared. Tuning the 16v+t at about 75% ethanol in the tank. This is a flex fuel setup where I blend VE1-VE3. I tuned the VE1 on pump gas and multiplied the entire map by about 50% to get it right until the blended afr matched what I was seeing on pump...
  16. 740atl

Is fuel cut safe for turbo rev and boost limits?

Out of fear of imminent death of my current motor, I have always shied away from fuel cut as both a rev limiter and a overboost limiter because of fear of leaning out the engine . I've always used spark cut limiter but as you know, spark cut makes the big pops out the tailpipe... enough to trip...
  17. 740atl

time constraint tuning... closed loop boost. Help Please.

Anyone have decent closed loop boost settings they'd like to share? I'm trying to tune this 16v setup with MS3 and it's either not boosting enough or oscillating like a mother, or over boosting. I've thrown a bunch of things at it and it's not working predictably. I can however get open...
  18. 740atl

e85 flex sensor tuning advice

I'm running a flex sensor in the ol girl and having some issues. This is a b234f+t. I'm just using the basic flex settings as shown below. I'm letting MS add fuel and timing based on the ethanol percentage and it's not working out that well. I have a well tuned e10 pump gas map that I use as...
  19. 740atl

turbo crossover pipes changes in tuning?

So I've been back and forth with supercharger/rear mount turbo/low mount twin turbos/single turbo/bigger heads/snakes on my v8 and I've seen most people do the standard flip the manifolds up or forward and join the exhaust from each side into a common t3 or T4 flange, then...
  20. 740atl

carburetor fuel system advice for 302 swap

I am in the process of helping/advising a friend on a 302 swap in a 242. The hard part is already done; engine/drivetrain in the car and I am fabbing the exhaust, but I want to get the car running before the snow flies. He is insisting on a carb. Not my first choice, but it's his car. My...
Back