• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Search results

1. TheJoyOfSix

Delete OT to speed up the server??

Given that the site seems to be maxing itself out at the mo, and that moving to a new server (from what I understand) is going to be a long drawn out process, would it be worth deleting the entire contents of Off Topic to free up some space? I'm not suggesting OT goes permanently, but the size...
  2. TheJoyOfSix

1 seat, 2 wings, 3 exhausts, 4 glasses, 5 people and 6 doors

A few years ago Foggyjames recieved a message from on of the senior members of the German DAF Owners Club asking about importing a right hand drive DAF as he didn't have one in his collection. This set the stage for several trips to Ze Fatherland to deliver (so far) 3 cars, lots of parts and a...
  3. TheJoyOfSix

Some Uk'ers have a day at the drag strip...

A few of us headed up to Santa Pod Raceway on Sat afternoon for a RWYB day. Unfortunately the two suspected high power Uk cars weren't available so there are no truly fast times, but there were a few suprises. Here's a list of participants, cars and fastest times. Foggyjames..Stock...
  4. TheJoyOfSix

Uk Volvo Owners Club National Meet 2008 Pics

Foggy arrives in his 343RS but without half of his exhaust...... My S80 2x RHD 850 pickups C70 Black Hearse White Hearse 760 Limo 960 Limo Converted Ambulance Still an Ambulance Dutch 780 Fordy-88's 262C Tidy 1976 244DL 60th Anniversary Edition 360GLT...
  5. TheJoyOfSix

Take one S80, and alter its appearance.....

From; To:
  6. TheJoyOfSix

Confessions, U-Turns and Hypocracy.

It's mine:oops: 1999 S80 2.9SE with all packs bar Audio upgrade, Comms and Sat Nav. Full Service History. 66k miles. ?2300.....
  7. TheJoyOfSix

Check your handbrakes!!!

Just a heads up for those who are about to move their car if it's ben stood outside in the snow and ice for 2 weeks. If you hear a loud clunk as you pull away followed by a scraping noise STOP IMMEDIATELY. Luckily I did and investigated the source of the noise whereby I found this;- It...
  8. TheJoyOfSix

Sultans of Bling!

Discuss....
  9. TheJoyOfSix

Pics of another Euro trip

For those that saw the first thread about the V3M Euro trip to deliver a 66 to Germany here is part 2....... As you may or may not know pt2 of the 'Let the Germans have a RHD 66' operation occured last weekend with Foggers, Petters, Carders, Farrers and Chalkers (Spainters not being able to...
  10. TheJoyOfSix

B280E misfiring, but idles fine???

Right, having finally finished the manual conversion and checked that it all works it appears to have developed another fault. The car starts perfectly first time and idles sweetly (slight fluctuation in speed, but it always did that). The revs rise as they should with gentle throttle...
  11. TheJoyOfSix

'88 760glt

<HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1> Yes, that's right, a GLT! Hang on I hear you thinking, Volvo never made 760 GLT's - what on earth is he on about? Well, this is the story of how a perfectly sensible luxury family saloon from the late 80's was slowly changed from the daily driver into a 'might...
  12. TheJoyOfSix

My 760 is off it's ramps and nearly done!

Yes, that's right, after 15 months the 760 was taken down from the ramps and fired up! The complete manualisation program is very nearly complete, but owing to the clutch slave cylinder blowing it's seal it still hasn't got an operational clutch (new one on order, should be here by next...
  13. TheJoyOfSix

960 starter motor change

I've just done this and found it a pain so I thought I'd write a 'How To' guide. It can be found here... http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?p=732605#post732605
  14. TheJoyOfSix

Changing a 960's starter motor.

Having just had to do this and discovered what a pain it is to do I thought I'd write a little guide for anyone else who might have to do the same. As there is no manual for the 960, and the fact that they are still probably new enough for few people to have had to change one a guide may be of...
  15. TheJoyOfSix

C70 pics

Spotted today at a storage depot...........
  16. TheJoyOfSix

More pimping of the 960...

New grille, new reg plates and the rear sunblind! I also fitted the OEM 6x9" rear parcel shelf speakers and found to my delight the car was pre-wired - plug and play baby!!!
  17. TheJoyOfSix

Uk Volvo300Mania Meet (with T'Brickers in attendance and a vid)

Volvo300Mania had a meet on Sunday, and seeing as some of us are also members there (and vice versa) I thought I'd post up the vids of the days events. Firstly, the vid of the meet; http://www.5lab.co.uk/volvo/v3meet_medium.wmv Secondly, a small vid in honour of our very own Foggyjames...
  18. TheJoyOfSix

My flywheel is back from the machine shop.

As some of you may know I'm in the middle of converting my '88 760GLE w/B280E to manual using a M47 from a '90 740 (free) and a bellhousing and flywheel from a 1980 264GLE w/blown M46 (also free). The main stumbling block has been the fact that the B28 flywheel doesn't have trigger points for...
  19. TheJoyOfSix

I've changed my name!

As some of you may have noticed I am no longer V6 Man, but now TheJoyOfSix. This is mainly due to the fact that the 262C is for sale, leaving me with a 960 and a 760 so there is no longer a prevalence of V6 models in my care. Thanks, Rupert.
  20. TheJoyOfSix

960's and exhausts.

As some of you may be aware I recently had the back box on my 960 2.5auto break its hangers and so to avoid the associated rattling and banging I removed the back box and replaced it with straight pipe. Now, whilst the sound was amazing the car actually felt a little slower at low revs, but...
Back