• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Search results

1. BassGuy

B230F+16vT vs. B234F+T?

Two different engines, and outcome. I have a '91 940 GLE and a '90 240. Which would you do, and why? Both are auto (for now) and otherwise stock ish
  2. BassGuy

240 Emissions, High idle HC

Went to e-test my car today, and failed on idle HC. 1990 240, LH2.4, K cam advanced 2*. What would cause the difference? Our system does NOT test NOX anymore, so I do not have those numbers. HC (ppm) Idle (968rpm): -Limit: 200, Reading: 388, Result: Fail 2500rpm: -Limit: 200, Reading: 26...
  3. BassGuy

16v parts to pull?

Heading to a yard for "Free Parts Day", and they seem to have a 91 940GLE. Basically the rules are, take what you can carry out for $60 (no carts or dragging hoods allowed). Naturally, I want to pull as much as I can carry, so I was wondering what I should be pulling for a 16v conversion on a...
  4. BassGuy

Garrett Turbo designation

I'm looking for the exact "model" of the Garrett T3 I have. I'm fairly sure it's a .42A/R cold side, but I don't have it near me to look. It's watercooled, off a 240. I'm asking because I sent an email to a rebuild place, and they need/want a part number, more than just "Garrett T3 from a...
  5. BassGuy

240 Odometer not working, gear is fine

1990, 245. Odometer is not working, and I'd like to use it for mileage. I took it apart, and there is no sign of the common broken gear syndrome. I have a speedometer unit from an 86 torn apart right now, too, and they look about in the same condition. It was a known working unit (that I fried...
  6. BassGuy

+T Parts List, Questions.

So I'm setting up to purchase a 91 245, and thought I'd compile a list of stuff I'm planning on pulling from my now dormant 87 760. Goals are maybe 220hp, DD. Something that I can scoot around town with, and pass nicely on the highway :D List: turbo + manifold airbox/intake piping/intercooler...
  7. BassGuy

Threads stripped, heli-coils failed...

1987 760Ti I replaced the exhaust manifold and turbo, and as I was torquing down the stud, no.1 cylinder top slipped, then kept spinning. I went out and bought a heli-coil kit and tapped out the hole with the over-sized tap. I then threaded on coil in, backed out the stud, threaded a 2nd...
  8. BassGuy

760 Priming a turbo after install

I've installed my replacement turbo. I just need to remove the fuel pump fuses and disconnect the ign coil from the distributor to prime/crank, correct? Fuses 1 and 11?
  9. BassGuy

ATP Adapter flange?

Could this be used in place of machining to bolt a Garrett up to a 90+ manifold? http://www.atpturbo.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=tp&Product_Code=ATP-FLS-051&Category_Code=FLG
  10. BassGuy

760 Broken turbo!

Just for shi*ts and giggles, here's a little clip of what I did. Car is (was) a 1987 760TIc <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WF305O8vzyg?hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess"...
  11. BassGuy

240 Wastegate vacuum source?

240 Wastegate boost source? Where do 240T's draw their boost source for the wastegate actuator? I picked up a manifold/T3 from an '84 240, and need to adapt it for my '87 760Ti. Is it as simple as drilling and tapping a hole on the compressor outlet and threading in a fitting for the boost...
  12. BassGuy

760 Coolant reservoir capacity?

I was wondering what the capacity of the coolant reservoir is. I need to pull coolant lines from my turbo, and can't find anything to stop the lines, so I figured I would drain the reservoir. Just trying to find a suitably sized container to hold it.
  13. BassGuy

760 One thing after another...

1. Two exhaust manifold studs missing. All studs and gaskets replaced. 2. Fuel leak due to a PO MacGuyvering a fix - hole caused by contact with driveshaft U-joint.. Fuel line replaced and rerouted. 3. Now my turbo has gone. As far as I know, the bearings went. Left me stranded 1.5hours from...
  14. BassGuy

760 Fuel line replacement

1987 760T.Ic. I need to replace the rubber fuel line that runs from the tank to the steel line under the car. What size/length am I looking for? How do I go about doing it? I need to get it done by Monday, 11am :D
  15. BassGuy

Before I go and crush my face...

I just wanted to see if everyone thought this might be an acceptable "jacking up". All the remaining wheels are very sturdily blocked. The 2x6's are acting as a block on the drivers side wheel, as well. I gave the car a test "wobble" and it felt completely solid. Nothing moving. I'm not...
  16. BassGuy

760 B230FT Exhaust Manifold bracket pic?

Does anyone have a picture of the exhaust manifold bracket? I'm taking the manifold off with the engine in the car, and I can't see what I should be wrenching. Related: Is there a torque spec for the Turbo-downpipe flange studs/nuts?
  17. BassGuy

Bassguy's Puppy - 1987 760Ti

I nicknamed this my "Puppy". It was what I blurted out when it started dying due to...lack of fuel :oops: Picked this up late September. Still not on the road - I had temp permits to drive it where it went. I'm keeping it, since it was manufactured 11/86...the same month/year I...came to be :-P...
  18. BassGuy

Exhaust mani stud replacement - total parts needed?

So I'm removing the exhaust manifold on my '87 760Ti, and I was wondering if anyone could compile me a complete list of parts I will need. I know I will need new gaskets, studs, locknuts, and the fat washers, but I'm not sure what I'll need for, say, the Turbo connections. Ideally, could you...
  19. BassGuy

760 Rain gutter trim removal?

I have a fairly large rusted out hole near the bottom of my A-pillar that I need to repair, that goes all the way to the chrome trim. The trim seems to be riveted to the body. Is there any way to remove the trim besides drilling out the rivets? Hole that I need to repair, for reference
  20. BassGuy

760 Missing exhaust mani bolts

I found out yesterday, once I drove my "new" 87 760Ti about 400km, that 2 bolts for the exhaust manifold are...not there...on the #1 cylinder. I know the manifolds are different for the NA and T engines, but do the bolts fit the same? Could I scavenge some off an 88 740? Both are B230's.
Back