• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Search results

1. Kevin Hawkinson

TPMS sensors?

So I have a cracked wheel on my C30, and I'm going to get a new wheel installed. Can I remove the pressure sensor from the old wheel and install it in the new wheel?
  2. Kevin Hawkinson

Big calipers and small wheels

So, I'm trying to figure out what wheels to use over some big fat calipers and discs. Word on the street is that Nova/Sirius wheels are the way to go. Right now, I'm running MSW 15x7ET12 wheels on the front. I remembered that I have a spare Nova in the shed, along with more MSWs and some MultiX...
  3. Kevin Hawkinson

What does this mean?

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 4194304) (tried to allocate 311296 bytes) in /home/turbobri/public_html/forums/includes/class_postbit.php(303) : eval()'d code on line 78
  4. Kevin Hawkinson

First RallyX!

Cars lining up on the grid. JVL and I both drove my car. We got five runs each, and Graham got two fun runs, and said it was the best $4 he ever spent. While JVL was driving, I took pictures and movies, and of course, while I was driving JVL smoked ciggies and BS'd with the medical crew. JVL...
  5. Kevin Hawkinson

Kathy's Garage Sale, June 28-29

Kathy's Northern European (on HWY 99 in Seattle) is having a garage sale next weekend. What's for sale? Lots of Volvo parts When is it? Saturday and Sunday (June 28 & 29) Doors open at 9am Bring cash, and nude pics of your girlfriend.:-D
  6. Kevin Hawkinson

How much anti-dive in a 240?

Question is thread title. Anybody thought about this at all?
  7. Kevin Hawkinson

The rarely talked about 83 Flathood rallycar in Seattle

Hey look! I can haz project! The weekend was spent welding up axles, and machining them. Adam Crane is getting a Volvo Dana 30 in his Corolla, and I'm getting a 4Runner axle in the Red Car. Adam's going to Oregon Trails Rally on the same weekend as the IPD meet, and his axles were supposed to...
  8. Kevin Hawkinson

fuel pump relay going intermittent

New problem today: 86 240 NA, manual trans. My fuel pump relay is momentarily cutting off power to the pumps (i.e. clicking off/on) when the engine moves back and forth. I know there is some circuit where the ignition ssystem is supposed to tell the fuel pump relay when the engine is rotating...
  9. Kevin Hawkinson

BioD24TI Project (greenblock pics)

I picked up this engine a few weeks ago, and just got it apart this weekend. There's rust in #1 and #5, and the leftover coolant in the waterjacket was all rusty, too. Plus, there's still oil in the oilpan, so I have to drain that before I tear down the shortblock. And it looks like...
  10. Kevin Hawkinson

Pimpin my ride

JVAB front struts, now available in Kawasaki green! Boxed Volvo a-arms, also available in Kawasaki green! Still working on the brake plumbing, need to reattach the sway bar and tie-rod ends. Need to reassemble the motor (waiting on that headgasket!), drop it in, and turn up the boost.
  11. Kevin Hawkinson

different types of 240 front spindle nuts?

So I'm fitting up my new front struts: It appears there there are different varieties of spindle nuts on the 240s. My car currently has the kind with the groove in the top of the spindle shaft, where the fat washer is keyed into. The spindles that are going on do not have this groove. Since I...
  12. Kevin Hawkinson

Forged Cro-Moly Pretzel (phat pix yo!)

So, I stripped my engine down last week. Why? It's like this, see... I was drivin around last Dismember, and my car starts makin a funny sound, kinda like a rod bearing, but it was only over 2500, so I just jept driving it, and tryin to keep it under 2500 and all. So that lasted for for about...
  13. Kevin Hawkinson

MSnS-E w/ stock 60-2 and DSM coilpacks

OK, since I was threadjacking something about a 16V distributor, I thought it'd be better to discuss this in the appropriate place. So, as an alternative to spending loot for an EDIS setup, I thought it'd be better to just use the stock LH 2.4 60-2 crank sensor and flywheel, and output the...
  14. Kevin Hawkinson

Camaro T5 fits great in a 240!

I just got the thing bolted up today. Note the super cool Volvo 2.95 Camaro T5 Ford Sierra Cosworth GpA tranny mount, and the custom quick-change bellhousing made by me. I'll get a picture of the shifter location inside the tunnel tomorrow.
  15. Kevin Hawkinson

Raising the rev-limit on 2.2

Was: 2.2 rev limit ... JACKED! Anybody know how to do this? :???: With my longer rods, lighter pistons, and new turbo, I keep hitting the rev limiter. I mean like FAST! This thing REALLY want to rev, and I just have a T-cam. It feels like it could go past 7k real easy. Any ideas on how to do...
  16. Kevin Hawkinson

Crazy Swedish Hot-Rod Shipping Container

John V put this article up on specialstage.com, I'm reposting it here, coz it's about a Volvo. A sick, sick Volvo. Warning! Lots of pictures, and it's in Swedish. http://www.pukema.com/bilsport/container09-1.html
  17. Kevin Hawkinson

Old question rehashed: Maximum bore

We've had this discussion many times, but now, I'm phrasing the question a little differently. If I have bore sleeves put in a redblock, what is the absolute maximum bore size that the bore spacing will accomodate? Specifically, can I go up to 102.4mm? There is a huge range of off-the-shelf...
  18. Kevin Hawkinson

Freshie-fresh motor in the hotrod

Hey y'all! I've been absent from Tbricks for a while, workin, goin to school, gettin married, etc. However, this past weekend, I finally got the new engine in place. Check it out! The engine is a B23F with a forged crank, Eagle I-beam 6.125" rods and forged CP pistons with 35mm pin height...
Back