• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Search results

1. dl242gt

Pipe expander tool.

I just bought this pipe expander tool to do some exhaust work. It comes without instructions and I have not used this type before. Any suggestions on setup and where to put the included grease is much appreciated. Thank you. https://www.ebay.com/itm/204617089107
  2. dl242gt

Suspension thoughts this time around. 1991 245

Well this Spring is coming up and I want to refurbish the suspension on the latest wagon. My plans so far are thus. 1229337 front spring Stock rear spring. Maybe get new ones. Shocks are Koni Yellow front and rear. Middle setting or lowest? BNE upper sturt mounts. Bushings are staying rubber...
  3. dl242gt

How to install a volt meter in your 240.

This presumes you have a tach in your dash. One of the most common fails on any old car in general is the alternator. Sure you could put a USB charger plug in the lighter with volt display. They are nice. But I like the classic VDO cockpit vision series gauges. That's what I'm focusing on. You...
  4. dl242gt

Little things I miss from the wrecked car.

You can drive a car so long (18 years!) the little things you change to make the car what you want become just a part of the picture. Now that I have a stock 245 again it's missing all the little stuff that made it better. Just thought I would make a thread discussing it. 1 IPD anti sway bars...
  5. dl242gt

Tell me about LH3.1

I recently picked up a 91 manual wagon with this system. It runs great. Probably one of the strongest stock 240 n/a wagons I've driven. So what are your experiences with this system? Any fail parts to look out for? It seems like it's basically 2.4 with a true throttle position sensor. Any...
  6. dl242gt

Turbo oil accumulator

Do people still use these? I know they are an old add on for a turbo to increase the service life. I have a kit I bought from Turbo City a long time ago and when I install a new turbo I was going to use it. With the costs of engines and even ebay turbos. It's a great way to make the turbo...
  7. dl242gt

Trophy points.

Is there a place where I can cash in my trophy points? You know like so many points equals a T shirt or other cool merch?
  8. dl242gt

valet and main keys 240 series

I just picked up a 91 wagon that came with only the valet key. Can I use the valet key to cut a master key? I can't open the rear floor hatch which is locked. So it would be nice to get a master key for this thing.
  9. dl242gt

Classic wagon vs Hundai Elantra

A Hundai driver ran a red light coming from my left. I had a green and was proceeding when he blasted into my left front fender. The hit was so hard he spun around and the back of his car hit the left rear quarter on the wagon. My car was totaled. His car is totaled. No attempt to brake by him...
  10. dl242gt

Protect the inner fender in your Amazon.

Just saw this on CVI Automotive site while browsing. https://www.cvi-automotive.se/en/articles/2.27673.40145/wheel-arch-protector-amazon-front-lh So we can protect the inner fender on your classic amazon. Of course they are out of stock but they may be back soon in time for winter. lol.
  11. dl242gt

Amazon brake adjuster tip

Just thought I would mention how easy you can do your brake shoe adjustment in the rear with this kind of wrench...
  12. dl242gt

Amazon door lock cylinders and tailgate latch cylinder.

On my Amazon the car came with only an ignition key. Any tips or tools I'll need to replace the lock cylinders on the doors and rear hatch? It's for a 66 220. Is it better to buy the new stuff or is used an ok path? Although, I figure unless Susquehanna spares has it I probably won't find used...
  13. dl242gt

Amazon rear main housing adventure

On a friends 66 2dr we took it all apart to replace the rear main seal and housing. This was to install the update seal like a 240 uses. So we get it all installed and put the two oil pan bolts in. They never tighten up. They just turned and turned because the bolts are SAE and the threads in...
  14. dl242gt

Bittersweet or the 66 220

Hey, I recently was bequeathed a nice old 220 wagon. My dear sweet friend who owned this car new has passed it on to me as caretaker. She bought the car new in 66 and drove it around Sweden for a couple of months before Volvo shipped it over for her. The car was a garage queen, never used for...
  15. dl242gt

repairing a cracked head

Many years ago at this point I bought a SCP 405 head from a member in the UK. Once the head was cleaned up it became apparent it had cracks between all the valves and some were from a valve to the spark plug threads. I saved it just in case it became worth it to repair. What kind of cost as I...
  16. dl242gt

pictures in posts

So every post I view from hiperfauto for example are always broken icons for the pictures. I am using Chrome most of the time for browsing. Any suggestions for not having the pictures break?
  17. dl242gt

volvo 240 with 1990 740 tail lights

Anyone try this? Have some images to share? I'm sure the Swedes have done this but I don't know where to browse. Thanks.
  18. dl242gt

user name password reset

One of our members aka Old Iron has lost his password and the email his account is associated with is defunct. I have his new email address to send the password reset request to. Can one of the mods or admins please PM me and I'll give you the email so he can reset his password? Thanks.
  19. dl242gt

Robot visitors

Under my members tab. If I look at the visitors. It shows 17 Robot visitors as well as several board members. Is that something I can delete or is that something you guys manage? Thank you.
  20. dl242gt

240 Volvo parts from Estonia

Any of you ordered from Alvadi? They seem to be a very large parts distributor that may have the door lock post I am looking for. https://alvadi.ee/en/
Back