• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Search results

1. JGood

90 740 turbo AW71 trans slipping during 1-2 shift

I have a 90 740 Turbo with an AW71 that is having some issues. This started somewhat abruptly mileage-wise, but not time wise. I don't drive the car much, about 2k miles/year. It went from shifting perfect, to slipping pretty bad during the 1-2 shift, within 100 miles or so. As I accelerate...
  2. JGood

Where to get 740/940 floor/defrost vacuum bellow?

I have a 90 740 turbo, and the floor vents are not working. On the floor setting, most air goes to the defrost. Used a mityvac and found that the floor-side of the bellow will not hold any vacuum. So, I need a new bellow. This is the one with the yellow and blue vacuum lines going to it...
  3. JGood

740 90 740 weak blower motor

I'm trying to work out some bugs in my 90 740 turbo, which existed since before I bought it. First I had no air from any vents under acceleration, which I traced to a bad vacuum check valve. Replaced that, now I have consistent air speed. The problem is, it's very little air speed. All 4 speeds...
  4. JGood

740t running out of power in upper RPM's

Hey guys, I have a 90 740 turbo wagon, automatic. Recent maintenance was head gasket, plugs, wires, cap, rotor, timing belt, water pump, etc... It has a manual boost controller, and I have a boost gauge hooked up. There is a cone filter attached to the MAF, and the exhaust is a straight pipe to...
  5. JGood

90 740 heat/ventilation issues

I'm having some issues with the HVAC on my 90 740 turbo. The front defroster/windshield vents do not work. In addition, I'm getting very little air flow out of the floor and dash vents. The blower motor does spin, and I can hear it step up on each step from 1 to 4, so it appears to be working...
  6. JGood

90 740 turbo cutting out with manual boost controller

I have a stock 90 740 turbo with a manual boost controller. I have it set to peak at 10psi at full throttle. At full throttle, the car runs great. At 1/2 to 3/4 throttle, it cuts out for a second pretty often. It's not EVERY time, but I'd say a good 75% of the time. It's not the intake boot...
  7. JGood

'90 740 turbo engine cut issue

Hey guys, first post here. I just picked up an automatic '90 740 turbo wagon the other day. Drove it about 200 miles so far. The car is stock other then a manual boost controller. It has a pressure gauge hooked up, and usually peaks between 6-8 psi. It runs decent, but I can feel a little surge...
Back