• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Search results

1. D

2013 Volvo XC90 intermittant start

60,000 miles on ODO. Installed a new starter. Same problem. 90 percent of the time it starts no problem. No rhyme or reason as to why it doesn't start when it doens't want. When it doesn't want to start it won't start regardless of how many times we crank it. Jump starting doesn't seem to...
  2. D

Double Posts

The past few months many many of us have a problem with double posts. Goes like this. You try to respond to a thread and you click on the quick reply. You write your post. You Hit submit and it takes 30+ seconds to submit it as it just loads and loads. Then you get a double post. It doesn't...
  3. D

Refinishing wood trim

780 Bertone Do you guys have any tips to sand and refinish the wood trim on the dash? Mine has deep cracks in the lacquer like all 780s do and it looks like this trim has many many coats of lacquer. I had an extra trim piece and my wife sanded it for an hour and only made limited progress. Any...
  4. D

Weird bolt head on airbag control module

1990 780 I am trying to remove the airbag module under the seat and the thing is bolted down with two bolts that are completely round on the head (so no wrench can grip it) and in the middle there is a torx head that looks like you can unscrew it that way but the middle of the head has a raised...
  5. D

SRS Light on, but test didn't work

Hey guys, I found on brickboard and other sites how to test the SRS system on my 780, which is to connect the brown and black wire witht he female connector to ground and wait for the codes as indicated by a flashing SRS light. The SRS light never flashed but it would go out when it was...
  6. D

Volt reading for mini bulbs

On a 780 (and the same for the 740 and maybe the 240?) I am getting 1 Volt consistently from the light that lights the gear you are in as well as the light that lights the inside of the center console/back seat floor lights. Both bulbs won't come on. These two lights worked before I started...
  7. D

Color of wire for cigarette lighter

Will someone please help me? I am trying to make sense of a whole bunch of wires in the center stack. One of the previous owners did a car stereo installation and it was less than professional. I opened it up a while back and sighed, closed it back up, and saved it for a rainy day. Today is...
  8. D

Dawn dish detergent and headliners

I took my wife's advice and cleaned my new S80's light beige headliner "dirt spots" with a small amount of Dawn dish detergent and warm water. With a clean rag I went back and forth a few times on the dirt smudges, let it dry, and I honestly can't see where the spots were in the first place...
Back