• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Search results

1. jrocheunh

240 Replaced alternator - Now Overheating

2 weeks ago I had to have my alternator replaced after it died in the middle of the road coming home from work. I noticed during the middle of this week that the car has been overheating (92 245 btw). Does anyone think that these issues could be related (in the sense that perhaps some belts...
  2. jrocheunh

92 240 Automatic Overdrive Question

hi the overdrive on my 92 240 (AW70) has not been working the past 2 days. The fuse is good, and the light on the dash is not on. Its likely the relay or the solenoid itself. I am going to use the ipd overdrive "solenoid bypass" kit (forget the official name) and hope that will fix the...
  3. jrocheunh

240 Headlight Relay Source Needed

My headlight relay (the one in the dash below the vents, not the one in the engine bay near the battery) is dead and I can't find a source. The FCP groton listing shows the correct location, but the actual part is the one near the battery. Any help is appreciated - I'll have to drive home from...
  4. jrocheunh

Alternator Ground Wire Location

Hi all, I think the root of my current problem is a bad alternator - or very possibly a bad/missing ground cable. I can't figure out where the alternator ground is located on the alt, how it is routed, and where it is connected (near the intake manifold right?) Does anyone have pictures that...
  5. jrocheunh

ABS/SRS Lights, Poor Idle - Stuck at work!!

Can anyone provide some insight into what might have just happened pulling into the parking lot at work? My ABS and SRS lights went on, radio died, tach lost its signal, voltmeter showed nothing and idle went to absolute crap. I'm a little worried about how much this will cost me - I'll...
  6. jrocheunh

Broken Trans Mount, Center driveshaft support... or both?

Recently I has driving (slowly as possible) down some of the most potholed roads I have ever seen. To avoid one, you had to hit another. Since that night my transmission (auto) shift lever has been a bit skewed - the transmission likes to go into gear at a location about 1/2 inch offset from...
  7. jrocheunh

(Boston) Swedish Car Day 10/15/06

Its about time this awesome event is noted here. A bunch of us were there last year - and it was a generally good time. Lots of Saabs there, so we need more Volvo people to show up. Self-imploding vw mk II gtis are welcome again as well. What: Swedish Car Day (Sponsored by Volvo of North...
  8. jrocheunh

Boston VCOA Summer Meet (8/12)

Unfortunately I can't go again this year (but 2 years ago it was great). Here is the details about the meet as posted on Swedespeed. The Boston Chapter Volvo Club Summer Picnic will Again be held in Ipswich MA. The date is Aug 12 ( rain date Aug 13 ). Event to be held 11-4. Beverages, burgers...
  9. jrocheunh

Removal of Turbo from manifold

I am trying to remove a td05-12b from a pre 90 manifold and I am having the hardest time removing the 4 bolts that hold the turbo on to the manifold. Any advice other than soaking the thing in PB blaster overnight? The bolts seem to be 12+ sided, so I am not sure what size wrench is needed...
  10. jrocheunh

Its like an older version of theresas car

Yummy... the car is soo dirty, but somehow the lighting helps wash that away. Not too much space there... cant even fit my finger between the tire and the metal... but I cant seem to find evidence of rubbing (even after jumping on the bumper for 2 minutes) - so thats good
  11. jrocheunh

Help me find a firewall Pass-thru

I am installing an oil temp gauge and I cant seem to find a goof pass thru for the sender wires. The one I thought I could go through seems too full to pull another wire through. (kind of behind where the clutch pedal might be, but a bit more outboard of that) I am hoping to find one somewhere...
  12. jrocheunh

Silly Wheel Spacer Q

So I was thinking the other day about installing my spacers so I can sell off my virgos. But I need to remove the locating pin (and a bolt opposite from the pin.... any idea if thats just to balance out the assembly?). But here is where thinking got me in trouble.... how do you take the...
  13. jrocheunh

Funky Interior Lighting Issue - 92 240

Ok, So let me provide a time line of events: - I have - if I remember correctly never had lights in the gear shifter to illuminate the PRND21 - Recently the lights to my instrument cluster went dead (only the lights that shine on the gauges) - My stereo was stolen - All of a sudden my gear...
  14. jrocheunh

240 Factory Amp Removal Q

To my knowledge aftermarket stereos need to bypass the factory amp in order to work properly. Now, that leads to the question... can the amp be completely removed, or must it remain in the car in order for the bypassing system to work properly? I dont know squat about car stereos... so I...
  15. jrocheunh

245 Dome Light Bulb Size

Another result of last nights break in... the overhead dome light bulb burnt out. Does anyone know what size they are? I am interested in replacing it with an LED bulb frm 42Draft Designs - just because. They are either 39mm or 42mm long, but I dont know which. Thanks, John
  16. jrocheunh

92 240 - Car Stereo Options (Broken into and stolen last night)

ARGH so pissed... they stole my stereo, and now the central locking system on the doors doesnt work either (could that be linked? I dont know). Anyways, here are my questions 1) Can you mount a radio in the lower dash spot on a 92 240 wagon (it seems as though the cubby doesnt extend back as...
  17. jrocheunh

87 745 Turbo - Oil Filter Relocation Bracket Q

I am trying to remove the filter relocation arm/bracket/whatever from the engine block, and I assume that the large bolt right in the center of where the oil filter would normally be is the key to removing it. The only problem is that it is definately bigger than my largest wrench (25mm) so I...
  18. jrocheunh

240 (92) Instrument Cluster Illumination Bulbs

I found out tonight that the illumination bulbs for the instrument cluster in my car (92 240) are on vacation just like me (except I am away from all tools and manuals). I couldnt tell if it was a fuse or the bulbs, as it was too dark. So in preparation for a trip to autozone tomorrow - can...
  19. jrocheunh

+T Turbo Swap 13c Oil Feed / Return Lines

I have searched for quite a bit, and am a bit confused about what lines I am going to want for a +T on a 240 B230F. Mostly this is because everyone has different ways of doing things. SO what I was hoping is that perhaps I could ask these questions, and we could have a good reference thread (I...
  20. jrocheunh

245 Cargo Cover Install

I just got a cargo cover today for the 245, but I am not really sure if there is a template for the proper places to install the brackets. Any suggestions before I just drill into the car? thanks
Back