• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Search results

1. M

Release bearing dimensions.

Hey everyone I am getting my flat flywheel redrilled for a SR20DET pressure plate. I wanted know if anyone knows the OD of p1800 release bearing looks like this https://www.skandix.de/en/spare-parts/drive-train/clutch-control/clutch-mechanical-parts/releaser-clutch/release-bearing/1018170/...
  2. M

Vinyl dye

Hello everyone, I have found a miracle dash that only has one tinny little crack in it. I want to vinyl dye it and my headliner the factory interior color. My color code is 5126 it should be navy blue? anyone know where I can fine the right dye or something close at least? Thanks!
  3. M

Another wiper motor thread…..

Hey everyone I have a 1987 240, with slow wipers I’m not expecting light speed but I know mine are slower that normal. I’ve rebuild my wiper motor, after a melted wire on the slow speed pin blew up my motor. I added a ground wire to the location where the tab used to be. I’m wondering if a...
  4. M

intake air temps NA

Hey guys just some info to start, I have a 16v b230ft bottom end(NA for now) i'm using the yoshifab style intake and stock air filter, running ms3x, a solid 184 coolant temp, the intake flap is zip tied open permanently to the cold air side, and the stock exhaust manifold unshielded. I do a...
  5. M

Integrated reservoir Power steering pump.

Hello everyone, since I have upgraded to wasted spark I would like to switch to a integrated reservoir power steering pump just to clean up the engine bay a little. My current set up is a 16v with the DIY yoshifab intake, and the stock 240 accessories set up, power steering above A/C on one...
  6. M

Ts Dash

Hey I was wondering if anyone has experience with Ts dash. I love my analog dash but I am just tired of having to fix 30+ yr old electronic parts and grabbing my laptop every time I want to see info in tuner studio. So I was gonna make some sort of Rpi4 + screen and use Ts dash. Thanks!
  7. M

240 rocker panels

I have a 240 wagon with rust on the passenger and driver rocker panels. I’d like to cut out the rust and glue on a new panel. Would I be correct to assume that they are the same between wagons and sedans? Thanks!
  8. M

Overheating solved!

I thought I would share this for anyone else who was struggling with this issue. A friend of mine got a Volvo 89 240 with an over heating issue needless to say we replaced the entire cooling system, and I mean everything. The radiator, heater core, thermostat (Volvo Thermostat with jiggler)...
  9. M

1988 240 windshield

Hi! I am getting tired of getting wet feet every time I get my car:D, so I've decided to update my windshield to the 91-93 year style does anyone know if an older 88 windshield will work or is it to small?
  10. M

ect not working

hello all, I am helping a friend of mine work out all the gremlins in his 1989 volvo 240, The car gets about 15mpg and runs like crap when it gets real heat soaked. Surprise surprise we have an ect error code. I've done a continuity test from the wires on the ect connector to the ignition...
  11. M

ms3x knock module

Hello everyone, I am converting my ms1 to ms3x and while I was at it I wanted to add the ms3 knock module that DIY autotune sells, however there is one problem...... its out of stock I imagine because the tpic8101dw chip is discontinued. Sooooooo I am making my own knock module with JLCPCB, my...
  12. M

aw70 length

Hello everyone, does anyone know the length of a aw70 I need to know the dimensions for my trans swap. Thanks!
  13. M

liquid urethane

hello everyone, I am in the process of swaping a zf s5-18/3 trans into my volvo 240. I discovered that the bushing for the trans mount is worn out, I did some thinking and I found this video( its an explanation of DIY liquid urethane)...
  14. M

Volvo 240 hydraulic clutch

greetings all, I am currently gathering parts for a manual swap. I am putting a ZF S5-18/3 behind a b230. I have read that the clutch cable just kinda sucks, as such I would like to start with a hydraulic clutch set up. I read that the Volvo 260 had a hydraulic clutch is this true/ are the...
  15. M

2 wire PMW

Can anyone help me out with a guide for a 2 wire pwm for ms1 on tuner studio? before you say anything I know upgrade to ms2 to or 3, its in the works.... Anyways ms1 on tuner studio doesn't have any of the test modes so some help would be nice. If anyone can tell me what their tune is so I can...
  16. M

16v nic nacs 2.0

Hey working on getting my 16v running right, and I need to degree the cams. If any one has any info for the stock b234f cams and recommendations for overlap and what have you for an N/A engine. also I am currently running a block distributor if anyone can tell me what spark plug wires they are...
  17. M

b234f water oil cooler

hello I was not able to use the factory water oil cooler arm with the b234f exhaust manifold so I just deleted the arm and made a brass bolt for the filter/oil cooler, added a nipple for the water line, and then I bent a copper tube in sand that would go to the coolant drain point.This has been...
  18. M

b234f yoshifab plenum/ throttle cable

hi I am in the process of welding up the yoshifab plenum and I am noticing that while it fits of course it is quite close to the throttle cable housing on the fire wall and as I am not running sold engine mounts I was wondering if anyone else has noticed/ had this problem. I should note that I...
  19. M

b230ft 16v

I was wondering what oil people usually run on their b230ft 16v right now for break in i'm using sae 30. currently my oil pressure is at abt 40 psi with luke warm oil, also worth noting I have oil squirters.
  20. M

TPS b234ft

Hi another megasquirte newb here, I am doing a 16v turbo swap however I starting N/a to make things easier so I can enjoy the car a little while I am making adapter plates for my transmission, and e.t.c turbo stuff. Anyways...... I wanted to know if any of the volvo throttles are able to do...
Back