• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Search results

1. N

Amazon Wagon #2, Electric Bluegaloo

That's really gonna hurt your aero! LOL. Very cool, I didn't even know those existed.
  2. N

Amazon Wagon #2, Electric Bluegaloo

Great start to another project! Man, that dude's white 164 looked mint (as Roadkill would say)! Looking forward to your progress...
  3. N

1991 940 Turbo Wagon with SE kit

Wow! That's a beauty...love what you've done with it. It looks so good, I would be afraid to drive it...
  4. N

JCol91's 1993 Volvo 240 | A project, sort of

I think you got a great deal on the last, best 240 made and you've made it even better. Enjoyed the story. What's it like living in PR? Seems like it would be almost paradise to me except when Mother Nature decides to bitch slap you...
  5. N

Project Bluey, Propav8r’s ‘63 Amazon Wagon

That opening trans cleaning segment was oddly relaxing and almost hypnotic with that music. Enjoying seeing the progress!
  6. N

940 T splash shield under radiator/intercooler

Well right now I'm using a piece of 1/4" plywood I had lying around, so don't follow my example! Roy, I may PM you about one of yours. Just not sure they make enough of a difference to mess with...
  7. N

That's it! Thanks for the link.
  8. N

I've had no luck googling this- does anyone have a pic or source for the splash shield thing that goes from the engine belly pan to under the radiator/intercooler and connects to the tabs on the front bumper cover? I have the belly pan that goes under the engine, but my 94 940t hasn't had this...
  9. N

I am the person that was interested in the CD player. If you've pulled it and ready to sell, let...

I am the person that was interested in the CD player. If you've pulled it and ready to sell, let me know. I'm pretty sure it can be separated from the head unit. Thanks.
  10. N

940T started running rich- fuel pressure regulator?

After many months of running really great, I get in the 'ole 94 940T to run an errand and it has the shakey idle and when I get into boost, I see a puff of black smoke from the tailpipe. Has relatively new plugs and all related ignition components. Could it be the fuel pressure regulator? I...
  11. N

940 940T heat soak causes running issues

I solved this finally- go to the last post to see what was the culprit. My 94 940T w/ 15G, mbc set at 12 lbs, and thelostartof chips runs beautifully EXCEPT when it has been driven at least 1 5 minutes or so and then turned off and left to heat soak for 30 minutes to an hour or so. Then it runs...
  12. N

940 infernal 'cracking' door stops on 7/9-how to fix?

I would guess that anyone who has ever owned a 7 or 9 series has dealt with the infamous cracking or popping noise (from the door stop) when you open or close your door...I surely have. Usually you can resolve it by various methods and type of lubrication, but my 940T driver's door refuses to...
  13. N

940 940T runs rough, low power when hot- Ok after cool down

My 94 940T has been so reliable for so long, my diagnostic and repair skills have gotten really rusty, so hoping for some guidance here. Car has about 185K miles, relatively stock except for a 15G and mbc. After driving 10-15 minutes, car seems down on power and idle becomes low/shaky. If...
  14. N

FWD struts-difference between L and R?

I just recently replaced the front struts on my 2005 XC90 2.5T FWD. I noticed the old, original struts had stickers marked 'left side' and 'right side'. The replacements didn't and in looking up the parts, I see none that say specifically 'left side' or 'right side'. After many years of RWD...
  15. N

Quick 13c to 15G question

I'm having a bitch of a time getting the water/oil line banjo bolts started on my 15G swap (940T was a 13c). The 15G I'm using did not come with banjo bolts and I assumed the ones from the 13c would work so i did not try them on the bench. Now that the 15G is on the car and it is awkward to...
  16. N

Judging Nivomat condition

I rarely drive my wife's 960 wagon, but I drove it yesterday and noticed it seemed quite a bit more 'bouncy' than I remember. I did the bounce test on the rear and the car continues to bounce up and down a few times after I give it a good push on the rear bumper. I was under the impression that...
  17. N

940 turbo intercooler better than oldstyle top 'in/out'?

I hope that question makes sense...let me elaborate. I have a new to me 94 940 turbo with the intercooler that has mid mounted inlet/outlet as opposed to what I have experience with-the older style with the inlet/outlet at the top. Is there a performance gain with the newer style? I know they...
  18. N

960 oil leak driving me insane

Sorry-non turbo question, but I'm looking for enlightenment anywhere I can find it. My wife's 965 runs beautifully but has had a nagging oil leak for years. I traced it to the rear exhaust cam seal and replaced the seal a couple of months ago. Still leaks, maybe worse. I was careful putting it...
  19. N

need help w/ shift lock diagnosis

94 940 turbo w/ intermittent problems shifting out of park without using manual override button. I've got the shifter out (partway) and am doing some checks. No power is going to the microswitch w/ key on and brake depressed, but brake lights work. Of the two wires on the microswitch, one should...
  20. N

how do you get the squirrel cage fan off?

Bought a new blower motor for the 960. It came without the cage fan, so I need to swap the one from the old motor onto the new one...without destroying it. I've tried unscrewing and just pulling hard with no luck. There is a screw type sharp tip protruding from the shaft, so it looks like it is...
Back