• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Search results

1. Evan780

Help! - 1996 850 turbo wagon question/problem

Hi guys, I have a friend who drives a 1996 850 turbo wagon. He emailed me today regarding something he broke in the front left wheel well. I know NOTHING about 800 series bricks so I'm hoping somebody might be able to describe exactly what he broke. It will be greatly appreciated! Here is...
  2. Evan780

'90 780 - Billy HD Strut Problem, Looking for advice

Hi guys, I was hearing a rather loud "clunk" noise coming from my passenger's side strut yesterday so after popped open my hood and found this: {edit} Mount kicked the bucket. Will be replacing tomorrow. Fun Fun.
  3. Evan780

T5 Rebuild Question - Identifying Gear Sets

Question: How do you identify gear sets by looking inside the tranny itself? The ID (1352-065) on the side of the case (according to the britishv8.org chart) says the tranny is from a Ford 1984 Mustang/Capri 5.0 V8 and is 2.76/2.95/1.94/1.34/1.00/0.63 but the ID on the sticker on top of the...
  4. Evan780

Diagnose fuel leak - browntops - stock '94 b230ft

Hey guys, anyone else run into this issue? I have a stock intake manifold, stock fuel rail. Cleaned the injector holes/seats on manifold so no more scummy stuff. I bought a set of cleaned, matched, tested browntops with new seals/o-rings. Installed without incident, nothing broken, no busted...
  5. Evan780

Please help identify vacuum line - B230ft

Hey guys, Anyone recognize this vacuum line? I have no idea what it is or where the other end of the line is supposed to attach. It's currently pissing me off and making me feel stupid... or at least vacuum line ignorant. The manifold is from a 1990 B230FT. Any info will be appreciated...
  6. Evan780

Party @ Moniz's Place! 10/6 & 10/7

Mike Moniz and I will be hosting a get-together at his place on the weekend of October 5/6/7th! Mike's place is located in South Dartmouth, MA. I'll be helping Mike to plan this shindig waaaay in advance so that it *will* happen and that it *will* be a great time. :nod: Everyone and anyone...
  7. Evan780

Engine Swap & BBQ - Darmouth, MA 9/1 & 9/2

This Saturday and Sunday I'll be doing an engine swap over at Mike Moniz's place in South Dartmouth, MA 02748. If anyone in the area wants to stop by and help out with the work I'll be bringing beer, food, munchies, dunkin donuts and whatever. If you've seen anything interesting in...
  8. Evan780

Evan's 780

In the beginning... Since that picture was taken(1 year ago?) a lot has happened to the 'ol Bertone. I won't bother listing all the petty details... like rear ending a Ford Taurus & having to replace the whole front end... cutting out the rust on the a-pillar *sigh* it's in the past now...
  9. Evan780

Trouble Rebuilding Girling Front Calipers(2 piston, ABS)

I have a rebuild kit from FCP Groton with all the proper seals, boots and hardware to rebuild my front calipers. My front calipers are girlings, the two piston variety and they came off a '90 Volvo 780 w/ ABS. I'm rebuilding them with a buddy of mine and we can't seem to get the stupid dust...
  10. Evan780

ABS sensor / magnet making contact with teeth - '90 780

After taking my calipers + rotors off the front end of my 780 and cleaning all the crap off my ABS sensors I noticed something funky... When I turn my passenger's side rotor the ABS magnet will make contact with the teeth making a "ticking" sound everytime it whacks each tooth. I am under the...
  11. Evan780

Peter's 245 pickup truck pics

I recently met this guy Peter who owns a auto body/repair shop down the street from me. I knew he had been fixing up a blue 242 but I didn't know he had been planning to build a 245 pickup truck. This is his first attempt. He admits that he should probably do some more cutting/welding to...
  12. Evan780

780 headlight conversion progress

Style-wise some of you might not like this... but I can't afford to keep replacing OEM Bertone headlights everytime a small crack appears in the plastic. The last used pair of OEM 780 lights I bought cost me $300... and then I got into a collision. Front end = bye bye. Thus, the retrofitting...
  13. Evan780

Turbo Troubleshooting - '90 780

My turbo is not happy and it needs some TLC. It's one of the few items in my engine bay I've been hesitant to play around with because it's expensive to replace. Thus, I don't know much about it. n00b advice appreciated. :oops: What I got: 1990 780 Turbo w/ 200,000 miles. Stock Garrett...
  14. Evan780

Pic Request: 780 w/ quad headlight conversion

I did a search, found a relevent thread that provided a link to see a 780 w/ 740 quad-style headlight conversion but the link was obsolete/old/bad... Does anyone have this pic(s) saved on their hard drive they can send me @ [email address removed] Maybe an updated link to the picture I was...
  15. Evan780

The Seller & Buyer Feedback System

Recently I've seen a lot of discussion in the "seller & buyer feedback" forum regarding the consequences or lack thereof for bad sellers/buyers. For example: http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=22067 By the end of the thread the subject at hand seems to be changing from feedback to...
  16. Evan780

Mounting Spare Tire on Back of 1989 245

A friend of mine wants to mount his volvo spare tire on the back of his beater 1989 245. With a couple brackets, a few bolts and an afternoon spend at the garage can anyone see any reason why this shouldn't work? We'll have to remount his license plate either on the left or right side of the...
  17. Evan780

Dash Removal, 700 series

If I can get some help or at least some vague direction as to how I go about removing my dash... I'll take some pictures with my digital camera and make a breif write-up. The car I'm working on is a 1989 780. I have started taking interior panels/trim off, my glove box is out & my radio +...
  18. Evan780

Help fixing brake light~!, '90 780

Most of the time my passengers side brake light is OFF and my bulb out indicator is ON(when I apply the brake). I checked to see if the light bulb was blown... everything looks OK. Checked all the bulbs... they all look OK. Sometimes when I'm out driving and apply brakes my bulb out indicator...
  19. Evan780

Windshield replacement , 1990 780

After using the search function, finding threads with similar titles & realizing that none of them contained any conclusive answers I decided to create a new 780 windshield thread. I will link older threads discussiing Problem: My 1990 780 has a wonderful crack starting at the upper right...
  20. Evan780

Bricks & New England Winters

Ahh, the infamous New England winter season is almost upon us... I've got to make a couple decisions before the snow starts to fall and I'd appreciate any/all advice that you knowledgable Volvo-folk can give me :-P This winter I was planning on driving around my parents beat up 'ol 740 so I...
Back