• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Search results

1. frenchcranckcase

240 no light in the dasboard / no start

Hi folks, I need help! (242 '79 B23E) Here is the trouble: After trying to start the engine a few times (K-jet hard to start when warm), suddenly On key position II, there is no light in the dashboard (warning lights) and Fuel pumps don't run. (Engine cranks but doesn't start). What could...
  2. frenchcranckcase

240 Backup light switch check+replacement

situation: 242+M46. the backup lights don't work. i've checked the bulbs and the boards inside the light units. result: no power to the terminal (at the wire harness). I expect that the problem is a switch or wire/connector failure. I've tried to check the switch on the gearbox, but can't...
  3. frenchcranckcase

240 K-Jet hesitation under light foot

Situation: (242 GT ) Rebuilt B23E basic K-jet (no computer, no lambda sond) /H cam/,027" cometic HG and rebuilt 405 head. new in-tank pump, new main pump, new fuel filter, injectors sprays look cloudly like it has to be. the engine shakes at idle. It hesitates and is not really powerfull when...
  4. frenchcranckcase

240 CPR ohm value

hi, i'm rebuilding a k-jetronic for a B23E; I've measured the ohm value between the CPR terminals and read on my ohmmeter screen: 18,6 ohm. Is this value out of tolerance for a good working ?
  5. frenchcranckcase

240 Basic K jetronic fuel dist repair

hi, i would like to renew the fuel distributor on a basic (euro) k jet (B23E) without frenquency valve. i 've only found rebuilding kits for other brands like ...
  6. frenchcranckcase

Vintage Rims for 140

hello, could somebody tell me if these wheels fit on the 140 (without spacers)? [/URL][/IMG] 7.5" X 15 Et 10 (Brand: Aluline)
  7. frenchcranckcase

"HOT" setup B23E. which spark plugs?

Hi, i have rebuilt my 242GT B23E. it runs with the stock H cam and i've installed a .030 head gasket. regarding the volvo recommendations, the engine needs wr5dc plugs. is it good with a thinner hg or could i find something better? best regards
  8. frenchcranckcase

240 timing belt misalignment question

Hi, after rebuilding my Gt' B23e, i get a problem with the timing belt: it moves forward (to the front of the car) and leaves the tensioner ... what could be misaligned? crank sprocket ? intermediate shaft sprocket ? tensioner ? something else ? need help :omg:
  9. frenchcranckcase

T + IC question

hi everyone, i would like to know if it is absolutely necessary to install these parts for running at 10-12 psi: i can't find them in Europe :-(
  10. frenchcranckcase

240 fuel supply. HELP !

HI, i'm rebuilding the whole fuel supply system in my '79 242 gt (B23E). have been done: remove, empty and clean the tank. put it back under the car replace the in-tank filter and fuel pump test the both pumps. both run. i followed this: http://cleanflametrap.com/transferPump.htm...
  11. frenchcranckcase

radiator swap: from autotrans to manual

hi, i have to replace the radiator in my 242GT. the car has a manual gearbox (M46) and i get a radiator from a 940 with auto gearbox. the dimensions are the same. So, the question is: is it possible to use the 940's one and only plug the gearbox cooling male connector on the radiator and run ?
  12. frenchcranckcase

B21ET / T cam to A cam: what gain exactly ????

Hi, i get a A camshaft from a B23E and interesting to put it in in my B21ET+ intercooler (estimated power 170 hp) @ stock boost (Euro specs). What can i expect about power / torque gains. What about the engine behaviour (power and torque curves) ?? And finally, is it safe ?
  13. frenchcranckcase

240 B23E inconsistent setup ? help

hello, i'm in my '79 242GT project and i think i find something inconsistent: the air meter has a hole in front of it to plug the hose coming from the crankcase ventilation system (like in my'84k-jet one) but nothing is pluged in it. on the '79, the crankcase ventilation is done from the cam...
  14. frenchcranckcase

240 SCRAPED FRONT BEARING CAP: help !

Hi, partialy rebuilding my 242gt's B23E (engine in the car), i decide to replace the front bearing seals (intermediate axle and crankshaft - the cam bearing seal is replaced with the machine shop's headwork). i've noticed that this car has been maimed by a 'Brutus Mecanicus'. (really crappy...
  15. frenchcranckcase

240 blocked brake pistons. what to do ?

Hi, i would like to move a 15 years stored 240 but the brakes are...blocked. Not surprising but after removing the pads (2 hours and one emptied big brake cleaner aerosol ), i see that the pistons are completely stuck. i try to push the pistons in with a big flat screwdriver but without...
  16. frenchcranckcase

redblocks complete specs

hello, i would like to calculate the CR with a cometic HG. i need engine specs. i'm looking for redblocks details specs like: combustion chamber volume Connecting Rod Length Piston Clearance Top Ring Height Nominal Static CR piston dome vol. etc the engine i'm rebuilding (only headwork) is a...
  17. frenchcranckcase

EURO B23E + ,030" cometic HG. Good set up?

hi, i'm partially rebuilding my EURO 242GT 140 hp B23E (405 head, H cam, flat pistons) and get a ,030" cometic head gasket. is it a good way to use it ? not problem with this thickness? how could i calculate the compression ratio? thanks for any advice
  18. frenchcranckcase

COMETIC HG TORQUE SPECS: need help

Hi, i own a cometic mls head gasket but don't know the torque specifications for installation on a B23E. is this the same as a stock head gasket or is it specific.? Could someone help me about it? :oops:
  19. frenchcranckcase

B23E piston cleaning

hi, i'm rebuilding my 'new' 242GT's B23E. (186 tkm). (the brick stood 15 years without running) i pull out the head and find it: [/IMG] my questions is: how can i clean the pistons top :) ?
  20. frenchcranckcase

100405 head broken studs HELP

hi, i've broken 3 exhaust manifold studs when (gently) removing the screws. see picture below. how can i take them apart without breaking them again? [/IMG] THANKS FOR ANY HELP
Back