• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

New phone, who dis? (alternatively, 5 cylinder turbo awd content)

I have seen tire wear like that. On the mid 2010 V60s that had 19" wheels. Alignments were always bang on, tread in the center could be 9/32 but the inner edges worn to the cords. Tires were Pirelli Cinteratos (sp? we call them shitteratos). Changing the tires to a Michelin or Conti always fixed this.

My Audi tech said caster on that car would have to be adjusted by moving the subframe.
Yeah.
As expected, everything is considered wear and tear, even though the warranty specifically called out interior rattles and defects as 100% covered in the first 12 months and 12,000 miles.

When asked what exactly the fucking point of the warranty is if you're not going to fucking follow it, Chris C. offered that "well it all depends on whether or not it was normal wear and tear" He did offer to look into it (despite being mentioned in our email correspondence). Whatever. Gotta decide if I'm going to keep it or not, right now I'm pretty fucking angry about the whole thing.

Yeah.
As expected, everything is considered wear and tear, even though the warranty specifically called out interior rattles and defects as 100% covered in the first 12 months and 12,000 miles.

When asked what exactly the fucking point of the warranty is if you're not going to fucking follow it, Chris C. offered that "well it all depends on whether or not it was normal wear and tear" He did offer to look into it (despite being mentioned in our email correspondence). Whatever. Gotta decide if I'm going to keep it or not, right now I'm pretty fucking angry about the whole thing.
well if you want to look into BMW of MINI lemme know. I could see a cpo m2 in your future?

Don't know how I didn't see this thread until now. I recently went through a similarly annoying 3 month long warranty battle with Toyota about my stock 2019 Rav4 shearing axle splines and them wanting $3k to fix everything. Toyota N/A was no use and defaulted to what the dealer said. I eventually had to meet with the regional Toyota guy and show him in person the warranty covers parts and workmanship. It's extremely frustrating what these dealerships try to pull and there's no real recourse unless you have the time and/or resources to fight them. One non-technical guy can bottleneck the whole thing.

Probably a little much for this car right now but Syvecs is currently coming out for these and they are having very promising results.

Also at some point this one definitely needs a Xona.

If you want, I can ask Iroz about about tire wear on the 8Y.

Last edited:
Back