• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

760 Solid 740 Motor Mounts

thegoldbrick

So I have a 760 with hydraulic mounts that went to crap. I?m pulling the engine and trans soon for a built engine so I?m wondering do these solid 740 mounts bolt up to my car and do I have to buy the brackets for them?

You should talk to Josh at yoshifab as I hear he is working on a direct repalcement solid engine mount setup for the 7/9.
No need to get the older brackets.

DEK2688 can also guide you on the old school mount conversion. I backgraded my 940 to the early system..... more NVH but much less movement and more strength. If you go this route, I haves spare set of early mounts made in Europa. PM with interest

So are the older brackets bolt up?

Find old FS threads from DEK2688..... he details all the parts needed and OE #s for fasteners.
They pop up occasionally in FS, but less each year as all these cars become KIAs.

You can install "safely" one at a time with a surgical floor jack lifting (belly pan removed, of course). I detailed the complete conversion to the old school supports and mounts in my DD build thread.

Last edited:
Alright. I don’t need to worry about jacking the engine up because I am building an engine to replace the current one and the motor mounts are being replaced at the same time.

Perhaps check the local wreckers for any 740/ 760T up to I believe 1987 for those solid engine mounts, we have a 760T waiting to be relieved of some parts, including those mounts, might get them taken out in the next two or three weeks. It just happens we are doing this with DEK2688 as we know him, always something Volvo related coming up and he has been a great source for mods etc.

Back