• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Quoting pictures is obnoxious

ZVOLV

<Master Tech>
Requesting a method be implemented that prevents it. It ruins threads seeing the same pictures repeated over and over.

I don't see why that matters you might as well log onto Garaget as open the inspiration threads.
Between all the bitching about posting your own cars, and that I don't bother opening them anymore.
:e-shrug:

Requesting a method be implemented that prevents it. It ruins threads seeing the same pictures repeated over and over.

The thing I do when I'm posting many pictures in a single post; I wrap the img code in QUOTE code. That way when people quote my post, none of the img code gets transferred.

It will take everyone who posts pics to wrap them in quotes, so when someone quotes the quote we don't have to deal with the re posted pics.

"Any more info on this build?"...quoting a string of pictures for the 5th time on the same thread.

Or some goofy smilies as a "reply" quoting some pics you like...

If I want to quote a photo in a series, what I do is right click on the photo, click on "view image info," copy the link for the photo on the page that pops up, and then insert the link in the "insert image" thingie and it gets posted to my post like this:

5000156830_bb5c28eacb.jpg

there can be good reason to quote a picture sometimes but those who just quote a post that has 25 pictures in it just to say "cool car" should be banned for stupidity. if they can't figure out how to snip that part out they shouldn't be on the internet.

a legitimate reason to quote a picture might be, someone posts 20 pictures in a project thread, you spot something neat and different they did in one of the pictures, you quote just that picture to say "i see what you did there" or "i like how you made that work" or something of the sort... i'm ok with that.

pics should quote as a link not an img, if one wants to actually have the pic show up in the quote then they should add the img tags.

Back