• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

94/95 940 custom fmic. Has it be done?

1slo9_4_oh

Has anyone put a custom intercooler in a 94+ 940? The core support, brackets and rad are different from the top mount setup on the 740s and pre 93 940s.. i see post all day for the older style core support equipped cars being 25x12x3 for an ebay intercooler but not a single thing for later models... and no a npr will not fit...
Npr with correct reducers for sale locally lmao

shockingly, no one's done it.
159732221.jpg

What do you mean when you mean fmic? The stock unit is already fairly front mount. If you want it right behind the front grill you have very little space. If you place it under the bumper without some kind of custom.bumper you would be making the core smaller than stock.

The stock location is pretty good and allows for a large unit. If you remove the AC condenser you get eve more space.

Oh and the 1991-1995 cars all have the same core supports and everything, the frame.ans cross member are the same. The rad is a different size because of the IC so just a few little.brackets are different

Last edited:
I'm talking about replacing the stock ic. I'm aware they are all fmic, I'm just wanting something more effecient as doing the fmic setup in my old 740 was probably the best mod I ever tackled. But that kit I had for from a buddy who custom tig'd a kit for his old car. The part I'm referencing to as the core support it the valence that goes above the radiator and imtercooler. On 95s (which I now drive) it's different from the past models and uses no brackets. So I'm wondering if anyone has gotten an aftermarket, ie; greddy, emusa, ebay intercooler and dropped it in place of the factory one. And if so, What size.

Sorry not trying to come off rude or anything. Just trying to clarify what I'm searching for while trying to answer all of everyone's questions

The do88.se solution is bolt in, but not cheap. You can see pics and in my build thread. Lower cost options usually require more fab. And integration work. Pays your money and makes your choice.

Do88 is the way to go and I think they're on sale different places right now. Fit my 95 very well.

Edit: guess you don't want to go that route as it was suggested in your earlier thread.

Last edited:
The price range is a tad too much for my taste and was wondering if there was a cheapo drop in solution

Do88 is the way to go and I think they're on sale different places right now. Fit my 95 very well.

Edit: guess you don't want to go that route as it was suggested in your earlier thread.

Another one like mine would probably run $500 or so. Part of the deal there is it's rated at 750hp "ish" (but does better than that without creating a big restriction or lacking sufficient heat rejection)

Back