• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

"Abby Normal" 67' 220

Tick

ASSFACEHOLE
Chris helped me pull this from the bottom of the ocean yesterday.. Might as well have anyway. For all the rust.. But I ain't skurred.
122s1.jpg

Like all good Volvos it came with the engine in the trunk.
122s2.jpg

Looks pretty good in the driveway..
122s3.jpg

Looks better after last night..
122s5.jpg

The plan is to shoehorn the 97' b230ft into here, leave the rust holes and just rat rod the **** out of it.

It is a crate motor from Volvo with about thirty thousand miles on it. Bored sixty over, milled 45 thou from the head. Ipd turbo cam, ttr gear.. Ported 90+. 37lb injectors.

Hopefully while it's out I'll be able to afford go to an mls HG, put the 42/48 valves I've had sitting around in it and drill all the exhaust studs out for 10mm.

It is a crate motor from Volvo with about thirty thousand miles on it. Bored sixty over, milled 45 thou from the head. Ipd turbo cam, ttr gear.. Ported 90+. 37lb injectors.

Hopefully while it's out I'll be able to afford go to an mls HG, put the 42/48 valves I've had sitting around in it and drill all the exhaust studs out for 10mm.

is the motor dated '97 on the block? we had a b230ft from volvo purchased in 2001 and it was a newer block with skinny rods in it, we never thought anything of it because we figured it would be the latest and greatest until it put a rod through the block.. volvo doesn't consider rods a wear item, they'll use the oldest parts on the shelf first.

is the motor dated '97 on the block? we had a b230ft from volvo purchased in 2001 and it was a newer block with skinny rods in it, we never thought anything of it because we figured it would be the latest and greatest until it put a rod through the block.. volvo doesn't consider rods a wear item, they'll use the oldest parts on the shelf first.

Matching date block and head. Although I will definately check which rods are in it when I have the pan off.

It'll be a tight fit, as the amazon has a narrow engine bay. What tranny?

Seems like if I just cut a big enough hole.. I want to see how the m47 can be modified to sit upright. Otherwise it's a t5.

Dude a rusty rat-rod that is a unibody is filled with fail. Have you ever driven a 122? Brakes - might need them.

It is at best debatable whether it "Looks better after last night.."

What the hell do a brit and a canuck know? It will be made of awesome and brakes are for pansies. :-P

Thanks for all the comments. Time for some more sanding.. I'm grinning ear to ear thinking about being almost a thousand lbs lighter and smog exempt.

edit: Oh, and whoever changed my spelling.. http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=wip

If you dump the M47 how much do you want for it? I am getting a tad ticked with the m46 in my car.

Oh and i can't wait to see this beast. (don't think this is the one i looked at btw, not enough rust). Congrats on picking that monster up

Wait, did that have an aftermarket wheel on it? Doesn't look like the one i looked at but with that wheel, and that car had a spare engine. Hmmmm. I wonder. I want to see this and see if it is the same or not. Can we see more pix? See how bad the rust is?

122s7.jpg

122s6.jpg

A couple ****ty cell phone teaser shots after a bit of sanding (haven't had any time to work on it but at night). The engine bay is stripped and getting painted. The old 4 speed's out and the donor is prepped. They should both be headed for the shop the weekend after next.

edit: I finally have a car worthy of a name.

Last edited:
122s8.jpg

Old and crusty but cleaning up alright, aside from the battery tray, which despite being a bitchin' spot to rest a beer will probably come out along with a ton of other dead weight.
b230ft.jpg

The engine going in.
122s10.jpg

The worst spot I can find. At least structurally.
122s9.jpg

8 of these bitches. Tried to light my headliner on fire ****ing with these. These and the ones above are the only ones I plan on repairing.
Then there's surface/cosmetic rust on the bottom of the doors, fenders and tailgate from standing water. I've blown them all open, cleaned the rust out and used rust stop. We'll see. Surprisingly the undercarriage/floorpans are almost completely straight.
122s12.jpg

The girls hamming it up. Me and Chris spent a bunch of time wet sanding it in the rain the other day. It's actually starting to flatten out despite having to peel big sections of latex some dickhead used to touch it up. It may eventually get a real paint job but it's just not in the cards for now.

If that's your worst rust, that's definitely not that car i saw lol. It had rust all the way through on one of the back windows. I can't wait to see this car when i get back. It's gonna be sick. What are you doing with the old engine that was in the back seat?

Back