• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

B230K 16v big turbo

Max740

Hi everyone,

I'm new here but I've read a few things about the 16v conversion for the B230 engines. Mine is a K engine with the 631 head ('heron') and this combo wouldn't work but some people jokingly said that you'd have to slam a huge turbo on it with big boost because of the low CR. So my question is: would this actually be possible?

(I'm new here so i hope I'm doing this right, like having the new thread in this section of the forum)

Thanks is advance,
Max

I would be happy to get the head ;-)

It will be better to search for a B230F engine. High boost with this pistons and rod's won't last long. My 5 cent.

Really : if you won't use the 631 I would like to buy this head from you. I'm in North of Germany.
Regards, Kay

If i do get rid of the head i will let you know :)

And yes i heard it's an interference engine, for a 16v to fit it would mean notching the pistons if i'm correct?

B230K heeft de dunne 9mm drijfstangen.. en een rare dieselachtige verbrandingskamer in de zuigers, waar je vervolgens ook nog uitsparingen in zal moeten maken aangezien de kleppen van een 16V kop heel anders uitkomen, 'hoop werk' om erachter te komen dat het niet werkt, of binnen no time explodeert ;-)

Pak een ('91+)B230Fje, maak uitsparingen in de zuigers, of draai de zuigers in zn geheel een millimeter of 2 af and dan +16V +Turbo. Enjoy!

Een exploderende motor klinkt helemaal niet leuk, zal ik toch even moeten overwegen wat ik dan ga doen. Thanks voor de tip in ieder geval, dat klinkt een stuk beter!

Ik heb nog wel een setje B230F zuigers voor weinig voor je, koop je voor een paar centen er een setje h profiel drijfstangen bij (maxspeedingrods, nog geen €300), en dan kun je net zo gek doen als je wilt!

here's an option, get a better engine, slowly build it. In the meantime, chuck an ebay special turbo on your current engine, learn how to do these things. If the engine survives, replace it anyway, if it dies, the just rush the transfer.

here's an option, get a better engine, slowly build it. In the meantime, chuck an ebay special turbo on your current engine, learn how to do these things. If the engine survives, replace it anyway, if it dies, the just rush the transfer.

I like the slow build haha, money is kind of an issue right now so it would be nice to do everything on a budget and over a long period of time. This gave me new inspiration so thanks!

The B230K is a interference engine!!
A ripped cambelt will destroy the head and the pistons! !

Fake news..
Show me one that has when combustion chamber is 11-12mm deep, gasket is 1,0 to 1,4 mm deep how piston can reach a valve which does not go beyonmnd the gasket surface.

It would need to get thru the head deck surface--past the quench pads to hit the valves if they were for some reason stuck at max lift and piston at TDC..
It doesn't work that way..

Stop repeating decades old Old Washerwimmin Tales.

Anders kan ik er altijd nog een BMW V12, zo'n M73 motor in knallen. Gaat ie ook wel denk ik.

Why stop there? Here, stand pack with this in the hoist and just drop it in from 2 m

It'll fit, honest.
rolls-royce-merlin-aeroboat-v-12-petrol-ic-engine-blue-bird.jpg

Much better than some duits V12

Hi John

Fake news..
Show me one that has when combustion chamber is 11-12mm deep, gasket is 1,0 to 1,4 mm deep how piston can reach a valve which does not go beyonmnd the gasket surface.

It would need to get thru the head deck surface--past the quench pads to hit the valves if they were for some reason stuck at max lift and piston at TDC..
It doesn't work that way..

Stop repeating decades old Old Washerwimmin Tales.

Hi John , here I think you have missed a small detail....
The K model engine of the 2xx series does not have any combustion chamber in the head. For all practical purpose it is flat like a diesel head. The complete combustion chamber lies in the piston and as such it is called a Heron engine.

YS
Jaybee

The 200 NA Pistons have a protruding part in the middle, that could actually hit the valves. But If you mill it flat, you have no interference with valve lift unter 12mm (I did not measure, but the valves are not sticking out of the head surface) and a nice 9:1 compression turbo engine. I like the smaller bore, as it is far less prone to detonation.

Hi John , here I think you have missed a small detail....
The K model engine of the 2xx series does not have any combustion chamber in the head. For all practical purpose it is flat like a diesel head. The complete combustion chamber lies in the piston and as such it is called a Heron engine.

YS
Jaybee

B230K "Heron head" wasn't strickly speaking of that--who in god's green earth would think about doing ANYthing with those?

Familiar (I am a Ford guy ya know) And yeah I saw that it was 230K and then whenever didn't think in that context..just so fed up with 16 years of everybody here--where we NEVER got the Heron head junk (even our 1600 Kent Fords had a non-heron head in US market)--

-always and constantly say about the normal 395/405/530/531 heads are, with little pissy little cams, OH MY GAWD THEY ARE INTERFERENCE ENGINES OH NOEZ!!!!!:run::run::run::run:

Sorry..
(vem fan bry sig om skr?pet som B230K?)

belts are weak, and should be maintained, but can be good. Most modern engines are chain driven, so there's considerably less chance of breakage, causing interference to be a worry. Because I keep on top of these things, I see no issue either way, unless your new to modding, then non-interference can be a life saver.

B230K "Heron head" wasn't strickly speaking of that--who in god's green earth would think about doing ANYthing with those?

Familiar (I am a Ford guy ya know) And yeah I saw that it was 230K and then whenever didn't think in that context..just so fed up with 16 years of everybody here--where we NEVER got the Heron head junk (even our 1600 Kent Fords had a non-heron head in US market)--

-always and constantly say about the normal 395/405/530/531 heads are, with little pissy little cams, OH MY GAWD THEY ARE INTERFERENCE ENGINES OH NOEZ!!!!!:run::run::run::run:

Sorry..
(vem fan bry sig om skr?pet som B230K?)

Sant nok :lol::lol::lol:

Back