• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

?OE? old Volvo parts are trash now?

S70T5fivespeed

Its always 7:4O somewhere
Say it ain?t so?

Purchased one of the few remaining parts available for my 90 740 from the dealer. Corner lights. Installed May 2018. Car stored for the winter lives outside in the summer under a cover 85% of its outdoor life. Today couldn?t get it covered before a severe storm hit.

Afterwards looking at the lights the passenger side corner is full of water?

Will they warranty me? Also is there opinions/experience on beefing up the seams with glue before install next time? Afraid for the oe dealer headlights I bought now.

The glue gets really dry, you can chip it off fairly easily. My headlight covers fell off the 91 740t I had, I chipped out the old glue and used aquarium grade silicone to reassemble, worked great. No idea about the warranty thing, drill a small hole in the bottom to let it drain? I never had water get into those. maybe a bead of silicone around those also to seal them up.

Be sure to change out the headlight fluid every 3 months or 3000 miles, whichever comes first

Say it ain?t so?

Purchased one of the few remaining parts available for my 90 740 from the dealer. Corner lights. Installed May 2018. Car stored for the winter lives outside in the summer under a cover 85% of its outdoor life. Today couldn?t get it covered before a severe storm hit.

Afterwards looking at the lights the passenger side corner is full of water?

Will they warranty me? Also is there opinions/experience on beefing up the seams with glue before install next time? Afraid for the oe dealer headlights I bought now.

My 92 has valeo Volvo branded headlights with production sticker of 2009, replaced as a pair by PO 10 years ago. The plastic mount for the adjustment screws are breaking like they're made of saltine crackers. Pulled an original headlamp from a junkyard 92, plastic mounts were very strong still. Different plastic. I believe the valeos would have been blue box too.

They done pulled the ol switcharoo

Be sure to change out the headlight fluid every 3 months or 3000 miles, whichever comes first

Uh he?s probably using modern synthetic fluid which is good for roughly twice your recommended interval. Please watch the entire video before commenting next time.

Ford was an OK owner for Volvo, sure beats what GM did to Saab, but they're the ones that killed off the 'good' old car parts supply. They outsourced it all, and over time, the company now responsible for making 'classic' Volvo parts has gotten into Chinese made crap parts.

You can still find boge or lemforder on ebay which were OE. Who knows what will come in the blue box now.

Thanks for the tip, this is not really something I want to do twice. I actually have a set of Ben's spherical bushings in hand but now looking at modifying the trailing arm and putting a spherical bearing at the front, so looking for the highest quality possible 'standard' bushing in the back

Spoke with my dealer parts guy today it looks like no warranty since it’s been over a year. So if going with dealer parts probably best to install and put to the test quickly after purchase.

Thanks for the feedback I’ll look into drilling a hole in it (ugh) and start changing my headlight fluid more often lol

Cars are too old for federal implied warranties, what's the motivation to manufacture parts to rigorous/stringent standards to last for an ~10 year chassis warranty as well as avoid replacement-recall-class action lawsuits again?

That, and <s>Ford</s> Geely owns volvo cars now, which is just some small obscure brand.

Hit and miss for sure.

Ford was an OK owner for Volvo, sure beats what GM did to Saab, but they're the ones that killed off the 'good' old car parts supply. They outsourced it all, and over time, the company now responsible for making 'classic' Volvo parts has gotten into Chinese made crap parts.

The SI6 was a nifty engine in it's day, just waiting for them to start popping up in my local junkyard before the real fun starts.

Back