• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Rear muffler suggestion

firefighter519

91 244, looking for a muffler that will tuck under the rear. 2.5" inlet. I'm currently looking at the Borla 40352 or Magnaflow 12246. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciate.

Charlie

I am currently running a Thrush glasspack in the rear position as my sole "noise attenuation device". Sounds good, not loud and almost zero drone.
18950930_611980921116_250805101311286431_n.jpg

Last edited:
I just crammed a 24in long Magnaflow Turbo muffler under the rally car. It's tucked nicely and way quieter than the glass pack.

I'm curious to ask what your definition of loud is? lol Maybe it's due to explosions or something for me, but on my NA redblock it's definitely not noisy. The MagnaFlow Turbo muffler is pretty sweet, though.

I drove from Salem to Ashland(four hour drive), with a few stops in between, with my Wife last weekend and she didn't complain about noise/drone. The sound of my failing axle wheel bearing failing was louder. :lol:

I run a magnaflow stainless tube muffler as a resonator and a Borla 2.5" stainless in the rear. I experimented with a lot of diff options to land on that. Good sound, no drone - for me the resonator was a necessity.

I have a magnaflow rear muffler only. I kinda liked it at first but now it definitely​ seems too loud. I plan to add one of the tube mufflers in to help quiet it down. Maybe because I'm in my mid 30s now or because I don't want to be categorized as one of those ****ass kids with a loud car that's slow.... Don't get me wrong, sounds 10Xs better than a honda but still.

Back