• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Glass pack louver direction Q?

ovlov760

I bought a 3" glass pack muffler that says it can be installed in either direction. It's the louver type. I'm curious which direction of install would be best on a turbo car? Open side of the louvers facing the direction of exhaust flow or facing away?

if you mount it with the louvres so they will catch air and suck it out to the packing around the outside, it will be quieter but not flow as well. if you mount it the other way, visa versa. i would say the latter would be better but i am already deaf from my car so its your call if they say its ok to mount either way. have fun. later,

ben

I mounted it with the louvers facing away from the flow of exhaust. So far i'm pleased with the results. It's not a whole lot quieter at idle but driving wise it seems a lot quiter and under acceleration it has a nicer sound. I didn't drive it a lot but i'm not feeling any loss of power. It is a Summit brand and unlike the other 3" ones I looked at it is actually 3" all the way through and not just at the inlet/outlets.

yozsi said:
normally i would not use that type of glasspack on a turboed car, i would stick to the cherry bomb type.
It does not look like it would be that restrictive as it is really 3" inside and the baffles don't stick up much.

dunno? The baffles are facing away from the flow of exhaust and it's a side exit exhaust with no other mufflers or a cat.

Back